PDA

View Full Version : I just FUCKED my engine.

CosmicNoodle
October 21st, 2016, 01:19 PM
So my bike was running kinda rough, little bit of piston slap, definitely low compression, meh, easy fix. So I go about with my top end rebuild, it all goes together good. Starts on the button, is running gooooooooood so I decide to go for a test ride to be sure.

At this point I'm very happy with it because it sounds fine, pulls fine, all is well. Then suddenly "clack clack clack clack crunch". Fuck. So I take apart the top end, and to my dismay my cam chain had fallen off, the piston struck the intake valve and it has FUCKED my crank shaft so that it doesn't even turn anymore. turns out my cam chain tensioner hadn't been set correctly by yours truly.

Well now I'm stuck in my village with no transport. And to make it better I start my new job on Thursday and I don't have a bike. Today is going great so far.

PinkFloyd
October 21st, 2016, 01:36 PM
Ahh man, I'm sorry. I blew he engine to my first car. That certainly wasn't fun, so I know how you feel.

Murk.T.M
October 30th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Wow thanks for posting! I'm about to rebuild a scooter motor myself, I'll watch out for that. Good luck getting back on the road!

Voodoo
January 4th, 2017, 01:06 AM
Haha, I've had my fair share of fuck ups... I'm currently rebuilding my 1992 GMC Sierra's engine because my dumbass forgot to tighten a lifter down after replacing a head gasket.

Mars
January 4th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Please don't post in threads that are inactive for two or more months :locked: