PDA

View Full Version : Writing in the stalls.

Etcetera
February 20th, 2014, 06:04 PM
I don't know if you guys have ever actually looked at the writing in the stalls in the school bathrooms? I have the past few days and sometimes, it really concerns me. In the girls bathroom, there's some pretty deep stuff written on the stalls.

Yesterday, I noticed things which had responses underneath them.

I hate my life
Don't we all...

And things in all different shapes, sizes, and colors.

Why can't I just be me?
You can...

Some other things were written (much along the same lines of these examples), but these two were the main two that started setting off some emotions and thoughts within me today and yesterday.

I noticed that despite seeing things like "I want to die," "I hate my life," and other things about that, you could see where the janitors had tried to clean some of them off - the ones in sharpie, and it was just faded but still there. And yet, even though the stall walls and doors are covered, nobody is doing anything about bulling or depression or anything at our school, at least not that I know of. I seriously doubt that every single one of those girls writing in the stall are going to talk to the counselor or school social worker. But I feel like instead of sitting back while all this is being written and waiting for them to come for help, maybe go to them.

Today, I took a pen into the bathroom with me, and I wrote on the stall. What I wrote was not an outcry for help, nor a small statement trying to say it's okay. I wrote in big letters on the back of the stall door:
Your life has a purpose and is very precious, make the best of it, despite what may have happened, be your shining self in this dark world.
And I hope that whoever sees that, maybe the girls who are writing in the stalls or ones getting ready to, that my message will at least put a little happiness into them. I want to help this, I just don't know how. I'm thinking about taking pictures of the stall walls and doors and going to the principal about it.

Please give me input, and if you notice anything similar at your school, feel free to talk about it here too.

AlexOnToast
February 20th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Honestly, all guys usually put on bathroom walls are crudely-drawn penises and "(insert name) Sucks willy for the homeless"
The deepest thing I ever read was "school sucks"

Feraligatr
February 20th, 2014, 06:12 PM
In eighth grade, I wrote something very similar and I got suspended for defacing school property. It made me happy, not because of my consequence, but because some girl wrote "Thanks, you saved my life." It's a great feeling knowing you helped someone.

Etcetera
February 20th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Honestly, all guys usually put on bathroom walls are crudely-drawn penises and "(insert name) Sucks willy for the homeless"

Yeah, I was aiming this more at girls but I wasn't so sure about guys so I didn't say that just in case.

In eighth grade, I wrote something very similar and I got suspended for defacing school property. It made me happy, not because of my consequence, but because some girl wrote "Thanks, you saved my life." It's a great feeling knowing you helped someone.

I really hope it did help someone, and I think I'm gonna get pictures even if I don't go to the principal, because if I get in trouble I would show them the pics and be like then do something about this or I will continue doing something about it.

Synyster Shadows
February 20th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I haven't seen anything uplifting like that, per se, I have seen things like this on this one desk in my Spanish classroom: "Love is blind to gender (insert intertwined male and female symbols)". I also saw (same desk, probably the same person) something like "♂ + ♀ = :heart:
♂ + ♂ = :heart:
♀ + ♀ = :heart:"
I just really appreciated that. My classmates, however didn't care as much. They were just intrigued by it. I think they just don't understand LGBTQ as much
They then erased the first one (it was in pencil) and I silently fumed. I was glad when I saw the second one, however it too was erased.
I think what you did was a great thing. Kudos for that

Etcetera
February 20th, 2014, 07:24 PM
I haven't seen anything uplifting like that, per se, I have seen things like this on this one desk in my Spanish classroom: "Love is blind to gender (insert intertwined male and female symbols)". I also saw (same desk, probably the same person) something like "♂ + ♀ = :heart:
♂ + ♂ = :heart:
♀ + ♀ = :heart:"
I just really appreciated that. My classmates, however didn't care as much. They were just intrigued by it. I think they just don't understand LGBTQ as much
They then erased the first one (it was in pencil) and I silently fumed. I was glad when I saw the second one, however it too was erased.
I think what you did was a great thing. Kudos for that

I decided I'm gonna do it every day that I go in that bathroom. I might go in that bathroom every day just for that... lol. It would be awesome, and that sounds weird but if it saves someone's life, it's worth it.

Synyster Shadows
February 20th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I decided I'm gonna do it every day that I go in that bathroom. I might go in that bathroom every day just for that... lol. It would be awesome, and that sounds weird but if it saves someone's life, it's worth it.

Oh definitely. Who cares if you get in trouble? If you do end up saving someone's life, the trouble will be worth it. You'd be doing someone a great favor with those. Who cares if someone finds it was you and starts making fun of you or whatever for it? You're being a good person. It's totally worth it. I think you should go for it.

danny7
February 20th, 2014, 09:18 PM
i have honestly never seen writting on bathroom stalls. im in a magnet program and we have our own building secluded from the rest of the school (or "general population" like we like to call it) and those bathrooms are usually always really clean i have never seen writing.

if i saw something like that, i think i'd honestly ignore it.

Karkat
February 21st, 2014, 03:49 AM
I no longer go to a public school, but I think this is amazing. I think had I seen something like this at school during 8th grade year (the year I got raped, became an alcoholic and severely depressed) it would've changed things entirely for me.
This made my day, thanks. :)

ksdnfkfr
February 21st, 2014, 05:06 AM
All I ever usually see is indecipherable tagging.

backjruton
February 21st, 2014, 12:04 PM

HAHA. They never did where I am, I guess that's one thing I'm lucky for :p

JamesSuperBoy
February 21st, 2014, 01:45 PM
I don't know if you guys have ever actually looked at the writing in the stalls in the school bathrooms? I have the past few days and sometimes, it really concerns me. In the girls bathroom, there's some pretty deep stuff written on the stalls.

I hate my life
Don't we all...

Why can't I just be me?
You can...

Some other things were written (much along the same lines of these examples), but these two were the main two that started setting off some emotions and thoughts within me today and yesterday.

I noticed that despite seeing things like "I want to die," "I hate my life," and other things about that, you could see where the janitors had tried to clean some of them off - the ones in sharpie, and it was just faded but still there. And yet, even though the stall walls and doors are covered, nobody is doing anything about bulling or depression or anything at our school, at least not that I know of. I seriously doubt that every single one of those girls writing in the stall are going to talk to the counselor or school social worker. But I feel like instead of sitting back while all this is being written and waiting for them to come for help, maybe go to them.

Today, I took a pen into the bathroom with me, and I wrote on the stall. What I wrote was not an outcry for help, nor a small statement trying to say it's okay. I wrote in big letters on the back of the stall door:
Your life has a purpose and is very precious, make the best of it, despite what may have happened, be your shining self in this dark world.
And I hope that whoever sees that, maybe the girls who are writing in the stalls or ones getting ready to, that my message will at least put a little happiness into them. I want to help this, I just don't know how. I'm thinking about taking pictures of the stall walls and doors and going to the principal about it.

Please give me input, and if you notice anything similar at your school, feel free to talk about it here too.

I can understand what you think and why - yes good idea but how then do you identify who has written what?

Etcetera
February 21st, 2014, 04:49 PM
I can understand what you think and why - yes good idea but how then do you identify who has written what?

I'm not saying go to those individuals. I'm saying we need to do something more school-wide.

Stronk Serb
February 24th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Lol, in my school someone wrote this on the stalls:
I came here happy, but left saddened
I wanted to crap, but I just farted

In Serbian it rhymes, it goes:

Došao sam srećan, otišao sam grdno
Hteo sam da serem, a samo sam prdno

randomuser666
February 24th, 2014, 02:55 AM
one time last year i was walking to lunch and found a sticky note on the ground which said, "believe in yourself and you can achieve anything." I was struggling with depression at the time so it was a really powerful moment. I put it on the bulletin board of my baseball team's dugout, which it remained for the entire year[no one mentioned it, it was just there.]

Etcetera
February 24th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Thinking about talking to someone about it today. Any input from you peeps?

randomuser666
February 24th, 2014, 10:02 AM

I'd say go for it; people usually think this type of stuff isn't worth talking about.

Synyster Shadows
February 24th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Late but I'm hoping you did. And if you have started writing in that stall more, that's great. That's a great move to make! :)

Star Wolf
February 27th, 2014, 02:05 AM
Someone wrote 'dominate all men' on the bathroom stall door. :/

Karkat
February 27th, 2014, 02:12 AM

Haha, that's amazing.

one time last year i was walking to lunch and found a sticky note on the ground which said, "believe in yourself and you can achieve anything." I was struggling with depression at the time so it was a really powerful moment. I put it on the bulletin board of my baseball team's dugout, which it remained for the entire year[no one mentioned it, it was just there.]

Oh wow! I think this one just made my night. Nice that it stayed there, who knows whom it could've helped?

Do it! :D

Asterix
March 3rd, 2014, 12:26 PM
there's one in our bathrooms at shool that says:
'some come here to sit and think
others come to shit and stink
I come here to scratch my balls
and stare at the writing on the walls'

Feraligatr
March 3rd, 2014, 04:51 PM
That's hilarious. :lol:

I remember somebody wrote "Kill yourself." :mad: Who would write such a thing? :(

Asterix
March 3rd, 2014, 05:09 PM
That's hilarious. :lol:

I remember somebody wrote "Kill yourself." :mad: Who would write such a thing? :(

ah man, that's not witty or funny :( just crude. written by a small minded imbecile.

our school toilets have quite a few funny ones in the cubicles, that is just one which has stuck with me for some reason :P

Etcetera
March 10th, 2014, 09:24 PM
So today I went in and the janitor had scrubbed all of it off but the ones in sharpie (including the examples I gave) wont come off. What I wrote was in pencil. Going in there with a sharpie tomorrow and I'm writing something freaking big in there big enough for everyone to see, noticeable.

I'm making stuff right now to like tape on the mirrors too. I'm determined to make someones day tomorrow a good day.

PinkFloyd
March 10th, 2014, 09:33 PM
It's good that the graffiti in your school is meaningful. I didn't know that existed. Here are a few of the messages in MY school's bathroom: Be warned that almost all of the following is pretty bad as far as language and terms go. Like REALLY bad.

"Chris sucks dick for crack"
"420 blaze that shit up -- 4/20/06"
*insert penis drawing here*
"Beavis wuz here"
"Ford sucks"
"Anal"
"DeShawn's the man"
"I'd totally bone Miley Cirus"
"952-***-7*1*"
"Guns don't kill people, the government does"
"Go Vikings"
"Church is gay. Hail satan."

Sooo yeah, it's pretty bad. I must admit that I smirked at the last one though.

PinkFloyd
March 10th, 2014, 09:34 PM

That was beautiful. :wub:

dusman77
March 10th, 2014, 09:39 PM

Oh my god, the same thing was written on mine only with slightly different wording. It said "Here lies the broken hearted, had to crap and only farted". Strange. XD

ninja789
March 11th, 2014, 02:26 PM
that is a really nice idea :)
most od the stuff on the walls in my school is just cattiness really. The occasional piece of gossip

everlong
March 11th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Nothing is deep in meaning on my stalls. It's all penises and "Fuck [something else]"

Silicate Wielder
March 12th, 2014, 06:59 PM
We dont have writing our stalls, instead we get instant detention and they clean the writing off the stalls, even if it is a harmless joke

Etcetera
March 12th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Left a note on the mirror as well:

"'If you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there's something inside you that made you keep going despite everyone who's ever told you to quit..'
-Shane Koyczan
'To This Day'
Look it up on youtube."

Asterix
April 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM

"'If you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there's something inside you that made you keep going despite everyone who's ever told you to quit..'
-Shane Koyczan
'To This Day'
Look it up on youtube."

you're a good person :p

the toilets in our cinema had a large picture of Nelson Mandela in it for a while, kinda cool. there was some nasty stuff written around it. but the picture was actually very good.

Menzis
April 22nd, 2014, 09:38 PM
Theres writings in the stalls at my school too, but they get removed now and then, but they always keep coming back.
Most of the times it's graffiti tags or smiley faces.

Alex_3869
April 24th, 2014, 03:43 AM
The only stuff written in my bathrooms are either homophobic slurs or drawings or penises. Then one day there was this whole elaborate story out of pictures. This was in every bathroom above the urinals. It was extremely creepy

backjruton
April 27th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Haha... all we eventually had above the urinals was fliers for a play that was going on near the college. I couldn't even use the toilets, they had to put them right THERE ABOVE THEM and every time I went I kept looking and couldn't stop. That in itself could cause me anxiety issues, I'm only happy if everything is "just right" ... and it didn't/doesn't help that that's what they do for money... every single other inch of the college is enough and it just makes me wonder where in the cubicles they put these things...:|

vampirefreaks
April 30th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Most of what I've seen written on bathroom stalls has been silly stuff.

Ryan1698
May 2nd, 2014, 10:28 AM
One of the stalls at my school has 'you're most beautiful when you smile' written on the door. At least it made me smile :)

Feraligatr
May 7th, 2014, 08:21 AM

-Shane Koyczan
'To This Day'
Look it up on youtube."

That's amazing. I should write that in my school bathroom.

RavleIncarnate
May 7th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Once, in seventh grade, I saw: "Fuck Mrs. Van Eeden"(the school cunt teacher. She was a botch. She gave me maths and natural sciences, both of whom I love, and turned them into nightmares.) Behind the door in the boys' bathroom. I want to say that I was the one who did it, but I wasn't, and that would be defacing school property. I have written one in the high school's boys' bathroom (I'm eighth grade now) that said something like "Be Strong, for to all things must come an end, including the bad" on the door, and I saw, three days later, " I can try to be" underneath. A week later, a girl admitted she was poisoning herself because of a bad life, and tht some writing in the boys bathroom (where she was poisoning herself) saved her. There was a lot of stuff written, but mine and three others were the only ones who said something nice.

Etcetera
May 7th, 2014, 03:31 PM
So, in other news...

The janitor erased what I put and someone drew an arrow to that and all of the other ones (so like a ton of arrows) and put "Nice job erasing it instead of caring enough to get someone help."

boarder67
May 7th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Guys just write stupid stuff lol

Kasp
May 9th, 2014, 01:20 PM
So, in other news...

The janitor erased what I put and someone drew an arrow to that and all of the other ones (so like a ton of arrows) and put "Nice job erasing it instead of caring enough to get someone help."

What you're doing is great keep at it :) our toilets are just full of offensive drawings hahaha

Alexwellace
May 9th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Above one of my schools Urinals is a (TBH, well scratched) face with large creeping eyes staring directly down. In a speech bubble it says ''Don't be scared, it's only me. I love to watch you while you pee''.

Yeah...we avoid that Urinal.

Cloud_Strife
May 10th, 2014, 06:41 AM
"Kids in back seats cause accidents. Accidents in back seats cause kids."
I laughed out loud when I read that!

RavleIncarnate
May 10th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Guys just write stupid stuff lol
That's not true. You inult us. It may seem so, but not all guys are insensitive. Just because we have dicks doesn't mean we are dicks.

Etcetera
May 12th, 2014, 09:13 PM
That's not true. You inult us. It may seem so, but not all guys are insensitive. Just because we have dicks doesn't mean we are dicks.

That person is a guy as well.......

I think he was saying that in his guys bathroom it's just stupid stuff being written. Dont' jump down people's throats automatically.

RavleIncarnate
May 13th, 2014, 02:58 AM
That person is a guy as well.......

I think he was saying that in his guys bathroom it's just stupid stuff being written. Dont' jump down people's throats automatically.

Oh, yeah. I'm in a bad mood. Sory. There's a lot in our bathroom too.

Perfectly Flawed
June 20th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Men's stalls are generally just homophobic / racial slurs, penises, and who someone slept with. I dislike writing on stalls, but at least you are doing it for good reasons.

Ben_Frost
June 20th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Oh that's a good thing you're doing, the stalls at my school only had crudely drawn penises, and crudely drawn students swallowing them, cell phone numbers and claims that you'd have a "wonderful time" if you called, games of tic tac toe and hangman. I once saw someone writing he was going to commit suicide, next time I read he had an answer written out: "DO IT FAGGOT!"

CosmicNoodle
June 20th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I usually read it if i ever come across it, theres one stall in my college thats FULL of the stuff. I look in there every now and then if im passing to read the new crap that comes up on the walls. (soubnds odd but its interesting)
Today i saw something a bit concerning. It said "The deeper the cuts, the more reliefe". Dont know why but those words stuck with me and it weirded me out...

terrydactyl
July 13th, 2014, 03:02 PM

I hate my life
Don't we all...

Why can't I just be me?
You can...

Good for you! That is such a lovely thing to do. :congrats:
At my school, the most uplifting message was "piss your heart out! shit your worries away!" hmmm...
Still, there has been some pretty funny stuff there too- i don't know why, but something that really made me laugh was an arrow pointing to the gap between the bottom of the stall door and the floor, and written next to it "BEWARE THE LIMBO DANCERS". :D