PDA

View Full Version : Job

Rugby99
October 19th, 2016, 09:16 PM
I really need money/ a job but I'm currently a full time high school student. I've tried doing yard work and babysitting for neighbors but that was kind of difficult because it was never set and and I would only get one job every month or two. What can I do? Maybe something online?

Gwen
October 19th, 2016, 10:37 PM
If your school allows it you can search for a local part-time job. I know that there are lots of High Schools that can also give you a day off each week for either work or study reasons. Try getting an afternoon shift at your supermarket or something.

baron11
October 19th, 2016, 11:02 PM
If your school allows it you can search for a local part-time job. I know that there are lots of High Schools that can also give you a day off each week for either work or study reasons. Try getting an afternoon shift at your supermarket or something.

I agree to that too. Try to get a local part-time job at a grocery or supermarket. I am part time apprentice with a fashion designer. I had informed the school about it and they were supportive.

Melodic
October 19th, 2016, 11:05 PM
I can understand how you might feel like you can't balance school and work. I didn't even start seriously applying for jobs until I was about to graduate high school.

As you're still a teenager, you really have limited options.

I'm sure a bunch of people have already recommend your typical supermarket or fast food restaurant. If you were to go that route, I personally prefer retail.

As far as babysitting, you can become a teenage care-giver through sites such as Care.com to have more reliable work. It's completely safe.