PDA

View Full Version : Been over a week since my mum died from stroke

Dongingman
October 19th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Still numb from any feeling it should give me.

Mainly because she was a heavy alcoholic and smoker which caused a lot of abusing. Child welfare made me move to my dad (which she me away from him)
My dad told me not to feel bad that I can't feel.
Am I human?

popcorn 1
October 20th, 2016, 09:41 AM
of course you are.
my mom die, too. first few weeks i couldn't feel anything. i was in state of shock, couldn't even cry.
was your mother always abusive, or only when she was drunk?

ImCoolBeans
October 20th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Of course you are human. It's only been a week, and you are in shock. I am so sorry for your loss. No matter what the circumstances surrounding something like that are, it doesn't take away from what actually happened. Everybody processes things differently, and at different paces. But please don't think that because you don't feel anything now, that if you do start to feel something that you can't talk about it. If you ever feel like you should see somebody to talk about it with don't be afraid to bring it up. Or at the very least your dad or VT. We are always here to help and hear you out in whatever you have to say.

Godsdaughter
October 21st, 2016, 04:33 PM
Of course you are! Your dad is just crazy.

Shock96
October 22nd, 2016, 04:34 PM
Like others have said... everyone processes things differently. Don't let expectations of what you should or shouldn't be feeling get you down.

Often times, states of shock are common. When my best friends mom died when he was 14, he didn't feel anything for months, then it all came crashing down.

Matt

Just JT
October 22nd, 2016, 05:15 PM
Jordan you are absolutely human. Popcorn1 and myself have both lost a parent recently. Me and him talk a lot, a shit ton about all kind so of stuff that get to us. Whatbyiur feelimg is completly normal. You lost your mom. You love her, she gave you life. It's going to take time.