PDA

View Full Version : Whom do I choose?

TheFutureDoctor
October 19th, 2016, 08:10 AM
I don't really know where this goes. Moderators/Administrators/whatever, feel free to put this wherever you deem suitable. :)

Okay so we have to make a model/project for a biology exhibition in pairs. Now, I got to choose my partner from 3 people.
One is a female friend, I have known her for quite some time. Not very great in studies (no offense to her) but I trust her a lot. I mean she literally knows all my secrets and is a good friend. :D
Two is a relatively newer friend of mine. He's not very very close although we sit and talk together. He excels in studies like me, and he asked me if I would be his pair.
Third is another friend, who is not very trustworthy. I mean, I have caught him talking behind my back, and everytime in a group project dumps everyone, doesnt do his share of work etc. but I dont really want to hurt his feelings.
All the above have asked to be my pair. Thing is, no3 is out (for reasons above) the competition is between 1 and 2. Simply for friendships sake (and my once upon a time crush on her :P ) and geographical reasons, I think I'll choose her.

My question, how do I tell her that without hurting the other two?:confused:

baron11
October 19th, 2016, 11:07 PM
Oopsy. This is a hard one. You can tell them it was a difficult choice and she asked you first and she is the one who really needs help so you choose her. Th e2nd friend will be able to understand you but the third friend is going to talking over your back.

Ben7
October 20th, 2016, 01:02 AM
I'd imagine you should go with whoever asked you first and then you can tell everyone else "Sorry, I already told [person name] I would work with him/her."

But if you told both of these people that you'd consider it or if in some form you didn't commit with anyone then I would go with person 2. Person 2 is a relatively new friend and working on a project together will strengthen your friendship with him. You are longer-time friends with person 1 and she will understand I'm sure, or at least I don't think a friend like the one you described in person 1 would become offended if you chose to work on this project with someone else. With person 2 on the other hand, you have a chance at making/solidifying/strengthening a newer friendship. If nothing else, you might get a better grade by pairing with person 2 anyways, and/or you won't have to do as much of the work.

But that's just me. Do what feels right to you.

TheFutureDoctor
October 20th, 2016, 06:58 AM
It was like this. Our teacher announced this. I hear a voice, 1 calls me and asks if I can do with her. SIMULTANEOUSLY 3 asks me. Later 2 asks me, So you are doing with 1? Because apparently, 1 thinks I am doing it with her, she has told that to everyone.
Actually 1 also lives less than 500 m from my house. 2 lives at the other end of town. Geographically, I might have to travel over 12-15 km to get to his house. That's why I think 1 is a better option.

And Ben7 I don't really know about 2. He is behaving different around me lately....... And sometimes I kinda question his friendship to me or whatever.

Double post merged. Please use the edit button next time. ~Lost Horizon

jamie_n5
October 20th, 2016, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Just tell her that the guy asked you to be his partner in this project and that you accepted it. I don't know why she wouldn't understand or be upset.