PDA

View Full Version : Skype Profile Requirements

Shock96
October 19th, 2016, 12:35 AM
Greetings,

In the UserCP, where you can add additional usernames for other social networking (Skype, AIM, Yahoo, etc.), the requirements for the Skype Profile ID appear to be too strict. With updates that have been made to Skype, user's Profile ID is often an email address, in my case when linked with a Microsoft account. Could you please change the requirements for that field so that I can input that information?

One follow-up question: Just to clarify, it is not permitted to share Skype names through the public means on the forum, correct? I am just asking due to not being able to PM via the forums since I do not have 100 posts... made this account a long time ago, and just recently remembered about it. Been around the block a few times since then and figure I can help answer questions/provide advice for people.

Thank you for any insight you can provide!

Shock

Atlantis
October 19th, 2016, 02:16 AM
Hi there,

Firstly, I think if you use an email address to log in, your Skype name is live:Username. So if your email was [email protected], your username would be live:abc . Does that work?

Also yes. You cannot share skype names publicly on the forum except for the skype field in the user CP. This includes your signature, visitor messages, your posts etc.

Elysium
October 19th, 2016, 07:29 AM
This is not a new problem. (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203993) I am not on the technical side of things, so I can't really help there. But for the time being I can suggest doing emailhere.at.gmail or whatever it is or something along those lines for the time being - just spell it out and hope people understand?

Shock96
October 19th, 2016, 11:48 PM
This is not a new problem. (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203993) I am not on the technical side of things, so I can't really help there. But for the time being I can suggest doing emailhere.at.gmail or whatever it is or something along those lines for the time being - just spell it out and hope people understand?

Ended up going with that, I guess it's all that can be done for the time being. Thanks for the input! Also, sorry for not noticing the older thread. Should have searched first, I assumed it was a new issue.

Elysium
October 20th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Ended up going with that, I guess it's all that can be done for the time being. Thanks for the input! Also, sorry for not noticing the older thread. Should have searched first, I assumed it was a new issue.
No worries, I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't have. It is pretty old. It's just when you've been around these parts for as long as I have... :whoops:

Besides, maybe this'll help someone else.