PDA

View Full Version : Ask Me Anything!

nebula
October 18th, 2016, 08:21 AM
You heard it here guys, feel free to ask me questions on this thread :p I'll answer everything :)

Flapjack
October 18th, 2016, 09:20 AM
What on earth is an albatross?

Endeavour
October 18th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Why do you like geography so much?

nebula
October 18th, 2016, 10:09 AM
What on earth is an albatross?

I had a feeling you would ask me this xD

"a very large, chiefly white oceanic bird with long, narrow wings, found mainly in the southern oceans."

The average wingspan of an albatross is 3 metres and it's easily possible for them to fly 10,000 miles without a break! Pretty cool, right? :lol:

Why do you like geography so much?

Good question, fellow geographer.

Okay, so for some reason when I was younger I used to be really into the earth, like volcanoes and earthquakes! I thought it was magical that the planet that can provide us with so many benefits also has an evil side too :p

My parents took a shine to this and bought me loads of geography books to aid my learning from a young age, and me being a bookworm it all suddenly stuck in my head! Even to this day the world still manages to give me so many surprises and I just love learning more and more about it.

Flapjack
October 18th, 2016, 10:51 AM
I had a feeling you would ask me this xD

"a very large, chiefly white oceanic bird with long, narrow wings, found mainly in the southern oceans."

The average wingspan of an albatross is 3 metres and it's easily possible for them to fly 10,000 miles without a break! Pretty cool, right?

My goshhh 10k miles? That's crazyyy!!! I see why you named your diary after them xD

Good question, fellow geographer.

Geographist* ;)

nebula
October 18th, 2016, 10:54 AM
My goshhh 10k miles? That's crazyyy!!! I see why you named your diary after them xD

They can also fly around the earth in 46 days! The albatross species clearly deserved a diary named after them :)

The Byrd
October 18th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Are you a fan of philosophy?

Just JT
October 18th, 2016, 05:29 PM
I get you like really cool scenic pictures, but the "tweentyone" in your user name, what does that stand for or mean for you, or why did you use that?

nebula
October 20th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Are you a fan of philosophy?

Mmh. It depends on the context, really.

I get you like really cool scenic pictures, but the "twentyone" in your user name, what does that stand for or mean for you, or why did you use that?

Actually "twentyonehorizons" was an amalgamation of my 2 favourite bands :p twenty one (pilots) and (bring me the) horizon :)

But yeah I can see what you mean as I have a love for scenic photos! It would also make sense as 21 is one of my favourite numbers so I guess you could say that it has an alternate meaning to it too :whoops:

Endeavour
October 20th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Favourite subject other than geography?

nebula
October 20th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Favourite subject other than geography?

Hmm this is quite easy as I don't like many other subjects :p I like French quite a bit, because I just generally find it one of the more relaxed lessons whereas core lessons such as maths or English tend to be a lot more intense and heads-on. I also tend to do quite well in the work, too.

The same goes for my chemistry lessons too, (Flapjack would kill me otherwise) because I find it a lot more simple to understand and I like the teachers that I have for those lessons. Unfortunately, I didn't do triple sciences, so we should be moving onto Additional Biology or Physics soon :( I'm sure I'll take chemistry for my A-Level, it's a lesson I personally identify with better.

Reise
October 27th, 2016, 11:09 AM
What is your favorite chemical element? Please name its atomic number and basic radioactive properties.

Endeavour
October 27th, 2016, 03:30 PM
A country you would like to visit most and why?

nebula
October 27th, 2016, 05:06 PM
A country you would like to visit most and why?

Hmmm... I actually have lots of different answers for this one :p

My answer definitely has to be Cambodia, though. Although it's quite a poor country, there is sooo much culture to be absorbed there! There are so many forgotten temples and landmarks and such and I would just love to be able to visit there one day :)

Amethyst Rose
October 28th, 2016, 01:49 PM
twentyonehorizons Is Shanie short for something, or is that your full first name?

nebula
October 28th, 2016, 03:53 PM
twentyonehorizons Is Shanie short for something, or is that your full first name?

Shanie is my full name yeah, but I hate my name :(

Amethyst Rose
October 28th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Shanie is my full name yeah, but I hate my name :(

I like your name! :)

Do you like flannels? (There is only one right answer xD)

Endeavour
October 29th, 2016, 04:26 AM
do you prefer hot or cold?
wind or rain?

nebula
October 29th, 2016, 04:32 AM
Do you like flannels? (There is only one right answer xD)

Obviously.

do you prefer hot or cold?
wind or rain?

Hmm. me, I definitely prefer the cold. I don't really like hot weather that much because I tend to find myself more often than not in hoodies and the likes.

I also prefer the rain. Wind is nice with the rain, though.

Endeavour
October 29th, 2016, 02:29 PM
do you prefer Starbucks or Costa and why?

nebula
October 29th, 2016, 02:58 PM
do you prefer Starbucks or Costa and why?

Costa. I'm not much a fan of coffee (unless it's from a cafť in Italy ;)) and Costa's hot chocolate and teas are amazing!

Also, in our town centre there's literally 3 Costa's and 0 Starbucks'.

Endeavour
October 29th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Costa. I'm not much a fan of coffee (unless it's from a cafť in Italy ;)) and Costa's hot chocolate and teas are amazing!

Also, in our town centre there's literally 3 Costa's and 0 Starbucks'.

Well I used to be a costa lover but I think Starbucks has got me. From my hotel in New York there were like 10 Starbucks within a five minute walk.

nebula
October 29th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Well I used to be a costa lover but I think Starbucks has got me. From my hotel in New York there were like 10 Starbucks within a five minute walk.

Wow, that sounds amazing! Then again, Starbucks is definitely more of a bigger thing in the US than it is here in mini England.

Reise
October 29th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Do you think the Higgs field is metastable?

nebula
October 30th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Do you think the Higgs field is metastable?

Have you now just resorted to asking me physics questions that I'm too dense to understand? :rolleyes:

Endeavour
October 30th, 2016, 10:24 AM
What's your opinion of me?
What is your favourite holiday ever?
Are you doing anything for halloween?

Amethyst Rose
October 30th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Tea or coffee?
A sound that annoys you?

nebula
October 30th, 2016, 11:09 AM
What's your opinion of me?
What is your favourite holiday ever?
Are you doing anything for halloween?

You're really nice and caring, easy to talk to also :)
Has to be Shrove Tuesday (pancake day) :P always conveniently falls near my birthday so I always get pancakes on my birthday xD
Nah, just gonna stay at home. I'm not about that social life haha

Tea or coffee?
A sound that annoys you?

Tea. Definitely not a coffee person. Plus I'm drinking a tea while I type this
Rustling. Like, a plastic bag rustling or a food wrapper. Gets me vexed every time

Amethyst Rose
October 30th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Do you like cheese cake?
And your opinion of me?

nebula
October 30th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Do you like cheese cake?
And your opinion of me?

I've honestly never tried cheesecake. I'll be sure to try it
Don't know you too well, taste in music is pretty sweet though

Endeavour
October 31st, 2016, 01:24 PM
Favourite thing to do on a rainy day?

nebula
October 31st, 2016, 01:51 PM
Favourite thing to do on a rainy day?

Hmm, probably get a hot cup of tea and chill and watch TV. if it's winter, I'll get a blanket too

BlackParadePixie
November 3rd, 2016, 10:48 PM
what is your favorite font?

Amethyst Rose
November 3rd, 2016, 10:54 PM
Famous person/people you want to meet?

nebula
November 4th, 2016, 12:42 AM
what is your favorite font?

The Aesthetic Unicode font :P

Famous person/people you want to meet?

This is really tough... but maybe the top of my list is Tyler and Josh from twenty one pilots xD

Endeavour
November 12th, 2016, 02:49 PM
What's your proudest ever achievement?

Why did you join VT?

nebula
November 12th, 2016, 03:13 PM
What's your proudest ever achievement?

Hmm, sounds a bit daft but getting this trophy during hockey regionals about a year and a bit ago. It meant so so much to me at the time because hockey made me very happy.

Why did you join VT?

For many reasons that I don't want to go into :P let's just say the generic "I visited the website as a guest for a while and then decided that I wanted to be a member of the site". :)

Desynchronized
November 23rd, 2016, 12:23 PM
Sup'
your favourite singer(s)? [except twentyone pilots :p]
twentyonehorizons

nebula
December 7th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Sup'
your favourite singer(s)? [except twentyone pilots :p]
twentyonehorizons

Mm... this is hard! I usually listen to bands :)

That aside, my favourite singers are probably Panic! At The Disco and Blackbear.

Pepito
December 7th, 2016, 06:24 PM
What is life?

azure moonstone
December 12th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Where is the best place to hide something you don't want to be found?

Who is the first person you think of when you wake up?

Have you ever played paintball? Laser Tag?

Amethyst Rose
December 12th, 2016, 10:38 PM
What motivates you when you don't want to do something?

Do you like hats?

Did you know that I really like the latest piece of writing in your thread? :thumbsup:

nebula
December 13th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Where is the best place to hide something you don't want to be found?

Who is the first person you think of when you wake up?

Have you ever played paintball? Laser Tag?

1. I have a shoebox in my cupboard that I keep all of my dearest things, and no one looks in there so I feel that that'd be appropriate.

2. I usually tend to think of my best friend. We usually message each other the second we wake up, so she's usually the first thought in my head.

3. I've never played paintball, but I've played laser tag a few times! I think it's absolutely great, and I'd go right now if I could :)

What motivates you when you don't want to do something?

Do you like hats?

Did you know that I really like the latest piece of writing in your thread? :thumbsup:

1. I guess it depends what it is. If it's for a person I think about their positive reaction when I complete the thing. If it's a thing like studying, I think about my results I'll get in the summer and how I worked so hard to get those grades

2. I like hats, yes, not necessarily on me though :P I've never really suited hats much.

3. Aww, stop it you! :whoops: :wub:

Endeavour
December 13th, 2016, 10:57 AM
What do you do when you're bored at school?

Would you rather live in a skyscraper or a bungalow?

Just JT
December 13th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Have you been naughty or nice this year?

nebula
December 13th, 2016, 11:33 AM
What do you do when you're bored at school?

Would you rather live in a skyscraper or a bungalow?

1. I usually sneak on my phone or text if I'm able to, but if not I'll just look through an exercise book I have on me just so my mind is distracted on something.

2. Definitely a skyscraper! I don't like bungalows that much, plus there'd be a workout on the stairs ;)

Have you been naughty or nice this year?

Hmm... I'd hope nice :)

Amethyst Rose
February 12th, 2017, 10:57 AM
What time do you go to sleep/wake up?

5 years ago, would you have thought you'd be the person you are today?

nebula
February 12th, 2017, 11:01 AM
What time do you go to sleep/wake up?

I usually go to sleep any time between 9 - 11 PM every day of the week, and wake up at 6AM everyday too, I do have an alarm for the week but my body clock is pretty fine tuned to wake me up at 6AM naturally too :lol:

5 years ago, would you have thought you'd be the person you are today?

Uhm, mostly no. Most things that have happened in the last 5 years have been a massive shock to me.

Amethyst Rose
February 12th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Who is Morrissey?

nebula
February 12th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Who is Morrissey?

A pretty cool singer. Alt rock / indie rock. Used to be a part of a band of the same genres in the 80s then went solo in the 90s and 00s.

Endeavour
February 12th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Have you thought about what you want to do after sixth form?

What do you order when you go to McDonalds?

Amethyst Rose
February 12th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Alt rock... that is all I need to hear :D

What was the band called?

nebula
February 12th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Have you thought about what you want to do after sixth form?

Honestly, I'm not all that sure. I don't think I want to go to university right away if I do go, though. Maybe go on temporary work for a year before joining uni. Things might change, though.

What do you order when you go to McDonalds?

I always order the same thing :D quarter pounder with no cheese, regular fries and coke zero.

Alt rock... that is all I need to hear :D

What was the band called?

The Smiths. Give them a listen if you want, I do recommend :)

buffdady07
February 28th, 2017, 08:15 AM
u homo?

nebula
February 28th, 2017, 11:23 AM
u homo?

I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶g̶a̶y̶ yes.

IzzyB
March 22nd, 2017, 07:09 AM
Why is the sky blue?

Are rocks alive?

Has a woodchuck ever really chucked wood?

nebula
July 23rd, 2017, 03:02 PM
Why is the sky blue?

Because in day-time more blue light is scattered across the Earth in molecules than red light. Quick science lesson for you xD

Are rocks alive?

Probably. You just asked one a question, after all. :lol:

Has a woodchuck ever really chucked wood?

I mean with the conditional tense used constantly when it comes to woodchucks chucking wood, probably not. :D

--

Come on guys, ask me some questions :)

Flapjack
July 23rd, 2017, 04:02 PM
What anime is that avatar from hmmmm? XD I guess angel beats actuallyyy no on second thoughts I say clannad XD

nebula
July 23rd, 2017, 04:31 PM
What anime is that avatar from hmmmm? XD I guess angel beats actuallyyy no on second thoughts I say clannad XD

Clannad!!! I used this photo as an old avi for this account on a website ages back and I thought it would be about time for a revival :') I thought Angel Beats at first too the art style is kinda similar!! Of course I chose the anime that made me bawl my eyes you xD

Flapjack
July 23rd, 2017, 04:45 PM
Clannad!!! I used this photo as an old avi for this account on a website ages back and I thought it would be about time for a revival :') I thought Angel Beats at first too the art style is kinda similar!! Of course I chose the anime that made me bawl my eyes you xD
Yassss I am proud of my weeb knowledge XD Oh it is deffo time for a revival!! Ngl it is just nice to see you having some colour :') Omg did you watch the after story??? I have honestly never cried so much in my life like I was crazy emotional for 3 days and a friend had to tell me about the magic ending to cheer me up XD

nebula
August 16th, 2017, 02:55 PM
~ bump bump bump bump bump bump ~

Desynchronized
October 17th, 2017, 12:02 PM
*how you doing?
*how does it feels to b a mod?
*your fav animals(except cats n dogs lol)
*whats do you think is the most overused word?
Btw sorry for this uninteresting questions, icouldn't come up w anything better :/ devotionnel

nebula
October 17th, 2017, 12:27 PM
*how you doing?
*how does it feels to b a mod?
*your fav animals(except cats n dogs lol)
*whats do you think is the most overused word?
Btw sorry for this uninteresting questions, icouldn't come up w anything better :/ devotionnel

1. it feels ... great. nah its cool. being staff is awesome.
2. ooh this is a very hard one... but foxes. foxes are definitely like one of my favourite non-domesticated animals.
3. Most overused? hrrm.. over here loads of people my age say "skrrr" and even though I find it insanely annoying I started saying it ironically and now it's a part of my normal vocabulary... so I'm not exactly one to talk xD

Mars
October 17th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Opinion? ^^"

Endeavour
October 17th, 2017, 01:34 PM
because it's been a while, i'm gonna ask you for an opinion as well ^^ :)

nebula
October 17th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Opinion? ^^"

Opinion of you? well... *large intake of breath*

You're bloody great. Obviously I didn't know that well before I was staff, but I kinda knew who you were. I thought we were very different tho. Since becoming a part of the staff team however, I've found we have a lot of similarities and our personalities are definitely in harmony with each other. I can always have a laugh with you and your messages, like I can relate to a lot of things you say and opinions you have.

You're also <3 adorable <3 and send me lots of cat and dog pictures so like how can I not get along with you?

Thanks for becoming friends with meeee :heart:

because it's been a while, i'm gonna ask you for an opinion as well ^^ :)

Well first off, you're the geography buddy of the ages, even though you don't take geography anymore (snake)

all jokes aside though, you're also an amazing friend and we can always joke about some of the posts we've seen across the Internet and I can always feel confident talking to you about school matters and you'd give me awesome advice if I ever asked for it. When I talk to you it honestly feels like I've known you for years, in the best way. And that's awesome! :)

plus some of the things you say or comment just makes me laugh, like you probably don't intend to but you're very funny. so yeah, thanks for also being a great friend even before I joined the staff team <3

also pretty sure I said this before but thanks again for getting me through the exam period because seeing your PM titles like "4 DAYS TO GO!!!!11" (or probably something of that caliber tbh) made me feel really positive and you kept me happy throughout the exam season! so thankssss

nebula
October 22nd, 2017, 02:25 PM
buuuump

Just JT
October 22nd, 2017, 02:33 PM
You gonna dress up for Halloween and go trick or treating?

nebula
October 22nd, 2017, 03:01 PM
You gonna dress up for Halloween and go trick or treating?

Mmm, no. I'm not that hyped about Halloween this year, never really have been neither has many of the people my age in the area. Plus I have school the day after, I imagine that there will be some Halloween parties next weekend but I'm not popular enough to get invited and I start work at like 6 am the next day so not worth it.

BlackParadePixie
October 22nd, 2017, 06:57 PM
Do you have a preferred writing utensil?

nebula
October 27th, 2017, 12:46 AM
Do you have a preferred writing utensil?

I love writing with pen, but I'm mostly on the fence whether biros or ink is better. biro writes pretty good, but I have all those dumb writer calluses on my hand for putting too much pressure on the pen which makes it hard to write with them :lol: ink pens with the little cushion stuff on them is much better but I SMUDGE THE INK EVERYWHERE

so tbh biros I guess? can't go wrong with em

nebula
November 3rd, 2017, 02:48 PM
bumpin it ask me stuff ^^

bballfreak04
November 8th, 2017, 01:18 PM
why is the sky blue and not another colour?

ambitious_eclipse
November 9th, 2017, 11:39 AM
If you had to cosplay a character for Halloween, who would you cosplay?

Keep in mind characters with similar face shapes, personalities, characters you like, characters that would be within budget!

nebula
November 9th, 2017, 01:05 PM
why is the sky blue and not another colour?

During the day time sunlight scatters blue light more than red light making it a blue colour. Near sunset the blue scatter is out of sight as the sun is moving away therefore we see more orange and red hues (physics!)

If you had to cosplay a character for Halloween, who would you cosplay?

Keep in mind characters with similar face shapes, personalities, characters you like, characters that would be within budget!

Oooh, this is actually really hard haha. But I'd have to go for the White Queen from Alice in Wonderland. She was always my favourite character in the Tim Burton one plus I feel it would be quite easy to gather costume and makeup etc :)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/03/39/de/0339de0b500259f1efbaf9fb763387df--colleen-atwood-movie-costumes.jpg

hayley2003
November 11th, 2017, 08:59 PM
I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶g̶a̶y̶ yes.

that is too funny!

it ok to be gay, or not gay, as far as i am concerned. :)

i think everyone has at least one talent that makes them special. what talent or talents do you have?

nebula
November 12th, 2017, 02:03 AM
i think everyone has at least one talent that makes them special. what talent or talents do you have?

Ooh. I hate complimenting myself and thinking I've got talents xD I'd mostly say I'm good with people at work, like if I see someone struggling I'll help them out and I'm always asking for extra jobs... if that counts :)

hayley2003
November 12th, 2017, 08:56 AM
maybe on of your talents is being modest...lol

i think there is nothing wrong with saying something like "i have a talent for music" or "i'm very good at doing organizing things" or whatever. it doesn't seem as bragging.

i was watching the science channel and they had a bunch of shows about amazing savants. One guy couldn't count to 10, but he could play any piece of music perfectly after only hearing it once. no need to practice. and never forget it ever, even after 10+ years, he could play something again just as perfectly.... WOW!!

Sevun
December 25th, 2017, 08:15 PM
have you ever gone through a dark time within your life, specifically worries about the real world and job opportunities? how do you deal with them? what advice do you have?

you're awesome btw, merry christmas!

hayley2003
December 25th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Do you want to get married someday?

nebula
January 21st, 2018, 06:34 PM
uuuuu I only just saw these! ;-;

have you ever gone through a dark time within your life, specifically worries about the real world and job opportunities? how do you deal with them? what advice do you have?

you're awesome btw, merry christmas!

(very) belated Christmas to you too bud, youíre smashing

and yeah I have, and itís really crappy. Majority of the time itís due to negative people or situations around me pulling down my mood and my overall mental health. Itís still something Iím partially dealing with. My advice for it is to try and put yourself first, however hard it might seem, and think of every possible route that could happen. Weigh up all the pros and cons of each decision and then make it so the most beneficial option happens

Do you want to get married someday?

I never used to like the thought of marriage ceremonies due to the fact that they were too expensive and that they arenít always indicative of a commitment for a long duration of time as there are an abundance of different ways people portray commitments such as having a house or car down under both names. Or maybe thatís just my overly cynical view of the world and personally I just hate being the centre of attention and being all dressed up.

However as of recently Iíd like the thought of having a wedding one day :wub: