PDA

View Full Version : Am I Wrong?

Sariss
October 17th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Recently something has happened and I feel like I need advice on it. It's kind of a childish problem compared to others on here but unlike most situations I go through I'm not sure if I'm right. So, yesterday, I got a message from a girl I used to be friends with a few years ago. She said that someone told her I was gossiping about her behind her back (I wasn't). She didn't believe me and is still angry at me (even though she has no reason to be). One of my other friends is most likely the one who said the lie to her. He denies it but he showed many signs of lying and admitted to talking to her the day she texted me before I questioned him about what she said. He's the only person I could think of to do it because there is no one else who I talk to who is connected to the girl. I'm not saying he definitely did but I am suspicious of both of them. Anyways, this isn't even the real problem I'm posting for. A few hours ago my best friend (also a friend of the guy) and I got into an argument about the whole thing. She was saying that I cared too much about it, that it's in the past, and that I can't change anything. But should I really not care about someone (who is possibly a friend) telling lies about me? Well, thanks for reading through my angsty teen crap if you've gotten this far.

jamie_n5
October 18th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Usually these teen arguments and spats blow over pretty fast. I would guess that would be the case here too. Give it some time and then try to talk to the friends that were involved and move on with out looking back at that petty incident. Don't let these kind of things get you down or make you worry so much. I am sure things will work out.

Just JT
October 18th, 2016, 05:50 PM
It's hard to trust people and feel confident there telling the truth. Makes it hard to know who your friends are sometimes. Me, I try to keep the ones I do not trust close at hand, within an arms reach or an ear shot, even if it would appear were friends. You'll pick up a lot more information over time. You'll hear stuff. Not anything you'll need to do anything over, more just for you, you'll learn more about them and if you can trust them, or dump and run.

Life's hard like that, people don't really have as many "friends" as they call friends. Think quality not quantity.