PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Dad thats a Major Jock

mark_r100
October 17th, 2016, 07:39 PM
My dads a major jock and has been all his life and wants me to follow his footsteps. I like all sports but don't want to go pro or anything. Any suggestions to keep him in line? I wanted to focus on wrestling and sort of get out of playing football.

Just JT
October 17th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Tell him what sports you like
Seems like that should pretty much do it right?

mark_r100
October 17th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Tell him what sports you like
Seems like that should pretty much do it right?

you don't know my dad he's great and all that but i think he wants me to be like him he played semi pro ball now he's a coach

Just JT
October 17th, 2016, 07:56 PM
you don't know my dad he's great and all that but i think he wants me to be like him he played semi pro ball now he's a coach

But your not him

jamie_n5
October 18th, 2016, 01:06 PM
You have to do your own thing man. I know the kind of pressure you are under and a lot of fathers want to relive their younger days through watching their son's do what they did and even achieve higher goals. That is really not fair of the fathers to do that because we son's have to be who we are and set our own goals in our lives and do what we feel is right. I really don't know how to or what to tell you what to do. I think all you can do is say hey dad I know that you would like me to follow in your ways but I need to do what I would like to do and set and achieve my own goals in my life. I would just like your backing support in what I choose to do. That is about all I can think to do. I hope it helps you some.