PDA

View Full Version : Blinking.

Miserabilia
February 20th, 2014, 03:33 PM
When I get anxiety,
I. Can. Not. Stop. Blinking.

Besides the many other fidgety random movements, blinking is the worst.
I keep blinking alot, and really fast.

It's so annoying, and I don't think I can be alone in this.

Croconaw
February 20th, 2014, 03:43 PM
I've never experienced this before. I usually just tap my foot really fast.

Philleeep
February 20th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Sometimes I do, especially if I get looked in the eyes. I usually sweat and get flustered and mess up.

Tarannosaurus
February 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Happens to me too, though I've no idea why it happens. And of course once you realise it's happening it gets worse.

CcRoder
February 27th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Doesn't happen to me, but I understand how it could. It's just another nervous impulse. Your body will choose anything and blinking seems to be the thing for you.

Considered counselling? Cognitive behavioural therapy (not as frightening as it sounds) can help with that!

Karkat
February 27th, 2014, 06:26 PM
For me this happens if I become conscious of how I'm blinking same with how I'm breathing.

If I suddenly become aware of what my eyes are doing, I blink like crazy, and I can't stop it. I can't take my mind off of it. I obsess over it, and if I wasn't having a panic attack before, well now I am. (I usually become aware due to anxiety/anxiety attack, but I'll have a panic attack because I feel out of control of my body.)

If I suddenly become aware of how I'm breathing, I can't breathe unless I try to. I obsess over my breathing. See above.

IT DRIVES ME INSANE!

backjruton
March 1st, 2014, 05:12 PM
In situations where I'm worried I keep flapping my hands and for some reason I get the feeling my eyebrows are twitching but I don't know if they actually do physically. This happens when I'm talking to authority I haven't spoken to before... especially the careers advisors in college because I can't tell them I don't want to ever get a job and they keep trying to suggest other things I could be doing... :| I don't actually know about blinking though

Its Pretty
March 1st, 2014, 05:45 PM
It sucks too because whenever I blink monsters appear in front of me and try and eat me :,(

Dat_Mango
March 7th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I do the same thing, it's like a nervous tic. People always ask me if I'm ok or if that's normal and it makes me really insecure. Sometimes they might even make stupid jokes or copy me for some reason. :( But then I just forget about it, I've had it since I was 4 and, even though blinking doesn't leave me alone, I've also had uncontrolable cough, finger crossing, moving my nose like a rabbit and so many things that I can't even remember. Luckily, it's gotten better and now I only blink a little bit more than other people (except when I'm really anxious) and my friends and family respect me for who I am and don't act stupid and if they do I know it's not meant to insult me. Just try to ignore it, the more you care about it, the worse it becomes.

Hilariousfish
March 10th, 2014, 09:58 PM
I have the exact same thing. it sucks too because my eyelids get tired and It makes me feel tired. Once my friend noticed me doing it and he asked me if I had a twitch or something and then I got really self conscious. I wish I had a way to stop my self from doing it but it just sort of comes and goes.

thatgothgirluknow
March 13th, 2014, 09:36 PM
never had that i fidet allot tap my hands and feet do repetitve actoins refuse to tlk cant think straight and shake uncontrolbley and the minute i realize it i get even more upset nervous self counscouis and shake even more i hate that when i try to stop it it just gets worse till im having a full blown panic attack

Stephane17
March 13th, 2014, 09:55 PM
i blink a lot to when im anxious! Happens all the time even twitch when i am very nervous on my cheek very noticeable hate it lol

ImCoolBeans
March 27th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Blinking is something I'm usually aware of but it's not one of my big things. I'm usually more fixated on my hands or playing with anything I can find.

Deiform
March 27th, 2014, 01:23 PM
happens to me all the time. very annoying.

imthomas
April 10th, 2014, 08:13 PM
I have trouble breathing