PDA

View Full Version : Tobacco...hell

Reece L
October 12th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Tobacco... What fun it was when I was a smoking. I am sharing my experience as a ex smoker, who has asthma from tobacco use. I always wanted to fit in. Look cool yah know. My mates was smoking. I quit cold turkey, 6 days, 11 hours ago. I have to carry inhalers, as I get out of breath easy. Doing exercise like biking, limits me. I got diagnosed with asthma. I always said, "you can quit later, or you can quit when your 30!" I got 20'pocket money, a week. If I cleaned the car, chores... Dishes,.,my mum used to buy cheap knock of tobacco. (Fake tobacco)

I started young. Maybe 11 or sometime around that, my granpa has stage 3 emphysema... What's emphysema? It's where your lungs go black. And your lungs cannot carry enough oxygen, which results in a oxygen tank. And constant breath problems 24/7. My papa can't talk as well. He can't walk. If you smoke, then, please, quit. Smokers die younger. My papa was young. Tobacco companies don't care. They add nicotine. To keep you hooked. I did quit for 4 month a year ago but started again. My point is, your paying a company, to kill you. Your just inhaling deadly fumes. Tobacco smokers say "90 of smoke comes out, why should I care?" Grab a tissue.. Take a Puff, then cover your mouth...then exhale into the tissue. Can you see the yello tar? Now, take a puff, but don't inhale it. Exhale it onto the tissue. Then you'll see how much you've put in your lungs per inhale. Your lungs absorb 90% of tobacco smoke. Look at how the bright yellow is bright, loom how light the light yellow one is. Why? That's the fumes your inhaling. Tar, bug spray. Carbon monoxide (carbon monoxide restricts oxygen to your heart muscles and arteries. Which may result in a heart attack, or a stroke. Each tobacco cigarette you smoke, your heart pumps faster, and works harder, and >WILL< cause heart disease if you continue. Carbon monoxide restricts the oxygen to much, and that may result in heart failure if to much is inhaled . Now to the admins who may try to remove this, please DONT. I am trying to save a few life's. People need to know what tobacco actually does. I acutely thought tobacco was safe and not deadly as the packs said "smoking kills" i thought it meant right away. But I was a kid.

After 1 year of smoking, your lungs may start to get black as tar, and other chemicals may build up. Causing emphysema if you continue to smoke to 29-40!

Pack a day smokers, are risk of cancer, up to 49%.

Half a pack a day, results in the same dmamage but will result in slower effect.

2 pack a day smokers, within 15 years, the heart may of enlarged, which is a heart condition. And can cause heart failure. Symptoms won't show, untill its to late.

Benefits from quitting

20 minutes, your pulse goes back to normal.

8 hours, your carbon monoxide levels return to 40%! And nicotine will be at 6.289% level.

12 hours, you are 100% carbon monoxide free.... Which means your heart will beat normally. 60-70 bpm. Smoking increases it to 100-110

48 hours, your nerve endings are begging to repair. Resulting in increase smell.

72 hours, your body is now 100% nicotine free.

5-8 days of quitting. You'll get a average 3-5 cigarette craving a day. Each last 10-8 minutes.

10'days, you will now have 2-1 cigarette cravings a day, each last 3 minutes!

11days to 2 weeks, blood circulation in your gums, and teeth, are thT of a non smoker.

2 months, to 3 weeks, your risk of a heart attack, and heart failure, is now starting to drop fast. Your lungs are now improving, and maybe attempting to get rid of the tobacco chemicals in your lungs (not for pack a day smoker. They need to wait till month 9! As the lungs need to recover A lot) . But this will last for a year or so. This mainly happens after month 9! Not this stage, it's rare but may happen.

3 weeks, to 4 months, your energy levels should have returned to normal. (Mainly in week 3-4!) your risk of a clog in your arm, leg, causing a blood clot and may need amputated, is now half that of a smoker.. Your walking should be easier. Exercise should be better and should improve.

3-9. Months

Any smoking related sinus congestion, fatigue or shortness of breath has decreased. Cilia have regrown in your lungs, thereby increasing their ability to handle mucus, and attempt to clean a tobacco damage, and to keep your lungs clean and reduce infections. Your body's overall energy has increased.

1 year. Your risk of heart diseases, I'd now half that, of someone smoking, your risk I stroke, is now that half is a smoker.

10 years, your risk oh fears disease, is now 0! Your risk of lung cancer, is not 60%

20 years. Your risk for any cancer, or lung cancer, is now that of anyone who never smoked.

Please pm me if you want help, or advise on quitting. As I can help.

Mami
October 12th, 2016, 07:25 PM
I've just recently, as in like 3 days ago, decided to quit smoking for about the 5th time I hate the smell, the way it makes me feel gross afterwards, and just having the habit altogether. I never thought I was actually addicted until I tried to quit. It's hard. Thanks for sharing and thanks for all the info too.

Reece L
October 13th, 2016, 04:00 AM
I've just recently, as in like 3 days ago, decided to quit smoking for about the 5th time I hate the smell, the way it makes me feel gross afterwards, and just having the habit altogether. I never thought I was actually addicted until I tried to quit. It's hard. Thanks for sharing and thanks for all the info too.

Np... stay strong... Will power will win. Exercise and eat healthy for a month, I'm now one week smoke free. Posted that before midnight. I smoked a lot a day btw Congrats on trying to quit. Be happy your quitting when u crave one. Say this ... I'm happy. I'm quitting... Over n over... N feel happy...First week all be horrid but it will pass.I promise. Stay strong. >YOU CAN DO IT< I believe In You.