PDA

View Full Version : sharp pains in head

Josh112
October 10th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Ok, so I'm feeling these sharp pain in my head every now and then. its like a hurting throbbing pain that's localized. is it something to be worried about?

ForumQueen
October 10th, 2016, 10:58 AM
I would be a bit alarmed, did you tell your parents and/or guardian?

StoppingTom
October 10th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Have you hit your head?

If not, where specifically is your pain? Does light or sound make it worse?

To me, it sounds like strong migraine headaches, which I deal with myself.

Uniquemind
October 10th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Could be a sinus infection.

I'd also reduce salt intake and drink water, no soft drinks.

It is something you want to bring to the attention of your parents/guardian, and a doctor might need to do an MRI.

If you haven't had any massive mood swings, gaps in memory, trouble speaking/moving, that's a good sign, but if you have had those problems that's a bad sign.

Hideous
October 10th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Does it come every few minutes? Is it triggered by sound or light?

I have these sharp pains in my head behind my ears and on one side. It's like someone's stabbing you. It's so painful I can't even focus or move. It's unbearable. Could possibly be trigeminal neuralgia but I'd still see a doctor.

Josh112
October 10th, 2016, 09:15 PM
it might happen 5-10 times a day at random time and it really actually hurts. Its hard to tell parents coz they don't ever believe me and what I say.

I havn't hit my head either :(

Uniquemind
October 10th, 2016, 09:41 PM
yeah see a doctor.

Second Chance
October 11th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Ok, so I'm feeling these sharp pain in my head every now and then. its like a hurting throbbing pain that's localized. is it something to be worried about?

This is definitely something you should be worried about because getting frequent pains in the same place regularly is unusual. It is hard to say what you have because it could be anything which is why it is best you talk to a professional such as your doctor. Just tell your parents you are having frequent headaches that are not getting better and that you need help because those headaches are affecting your life. Hopefully, your parents will be rational and take you to a doctor. When you see the doctor, then tell him/her everything such as where and when the headaches happen so that the doctor can figure out what is going on.