PDA

View Full Version : No Man's Sky Investigated for False Advertising

Flapjack
October 9th, 2016, 09:59 AM
PkDRtl_Zpzc
What do you think?

I personally was really hyped for the game and then really disappointed! They was definitely false advertising:(

Desynchronized
October 10th, 2016, 04:30 AM
Lol, i knew it after like 10 minutes of playing. And tbh i wasn't much pumped for this game. It just didn't fit with me.

DefinitelyNotY
November 4th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Few days before the "official launch" some people bought a copy and... it was awful, in that moment I cancel the preorder until the official launch to see if there was some "magic" but... that didn't happen :(

Michael75
November 6th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I bought it like a few days after it was out, yes it's a fantastic game in relation to no loading screens and the sheer size of it etc, however it's pretty shite. Of course it's going to get boring after a few hours of game play but the fact I payed like 45 on it kills me; especially how now i'm struggling to save for Battlefield 1.

Flapjack
November 11th, 2016, 05:32 PM
I bought it like a few days after it was out, yes it's a fantastic game in relation to no loading screens and the sheer size of it etc, however it's pretty shite. Of course it's going to get boring after a few hours of game play but the fact I payed like 45 on it kills me; especially how now i'm struggling to save for Battlefield 1.
It still has loading screens xD Tbh the scale impresses me but I value that scale at about 10 as after a fer hours it gets repetitive as fuck :P

Living For Love
November 11th, 2016, 06:10 PM
I think this is clearly a case of false advertising. The devs ruined it by promising features (multiplayer, space battles, animal interactions, dynamic ecosystems, faction system) that simply weren't present in the actual game. It makes me sad, honestly, because I think No Man's Sky had a tremendous potential to become one of the greatest games of the decade.

Paraxiom
November 11th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Though I never played the game myself, and I was pretty pleasantly surprised by my first impressions of it, I think the investigations are justified. There has been misleading advertising, which I expect to have been intended at least in a few places.

Hyper
November 16th, 2016, 06:50 AM
False advertising? Hyperbolic hype trains and crooked reviews and marketing in gaming?!

Who would've thunk.

Michael75
November 17th, 2016, 04:24 PM
It still has loading screens xD Tbh the scale impresses me but I value that scale at about 10 as after a fer hours it gets repetitive as fuck :P

I know holy fuck lol, after a while every time i visit a planet i go 'Bruh have I been here before" Still feels pretty surreal being the only person to visit that particular planet ever, and probably will be the only one ever

Still don't play it anymore lmao. Battlefield 1 and Ride 2 boy

thermid
November 19th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Pretty boring....so Im really disappointed...I was so pumped before it came out!!! Then after a few hours I was so done with it

Weekender56
November 20th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Thank goodness I didn't fall for the hype

DerBear
January 6th, 2017, 08:47 PM
The problem with No Mans Sky is two things.

1) They said early on in the games development it would have MP features which we then know never actually were.
2) They allowed people to create hype and gave very vague answers to vast amounts of questions which in turn allowed the public to draw its conclusions that were false and then they didn't confirm nor deny them.

Contraman
January 7th, 2017, 10:12 PM
It's an impressive game, but not a good one.