PDA

View Full Version : Bronchitis getting worse?

Skylark
October 9th, 2016, 09:09 AM
So I've gotten bronchitis right around this time of year for as long as i can remember, and it's always lasted a couple weeks to a month. But this year, for the first time I've noticed a rusty bloodlike tinge in the phlegm i've been coughing up (disgusting i know, there's really no way to sugarcoat this though). This has never happened before, and i've never seen a doctor about this before. Should i see one now? I know they'll probably just put me on antibiotics, which absolutely destroy the immune system, but i'm really concerned that it's something more serious.

Endeavour
October 9th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Hi there, I do think that it is important that you go to see your doctor. You should definitely go if you are seeing blood in your phlegm, especially if it has never happened before. Going to see your doctor also allows the doctor to rule out any other illnesses, such as pneumonia, which have similar symptoms to bronchitis.

Amethyst Rose
October 9th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Yes, you should see a doctor. I had bronchitis less than a year ago. I only had it for two weeks and never tasted blood in any phlegm I coughed up. You should definitely have a doctor check you out to make sure it's nothing more serious and to get the appropriate treatment.

Tyson S
October 9th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Bronchitis is usually cause by smoking, however if you dont smoke it may have been caused by second hand smoking.

Other causes are viruses, bacteria that you breath in and even just breathing in dust or smoke.

So you know:

Acute bronchitis last a day or two

Chronic Bronchitis lasts a month to a few months or more. Smokers are more at risk of Chronic.

Reference: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/bronchitis

My advice, go see a doctor, you should never let any health condition lay it's course, as it will only get worse.

Message me if you need more help :)

Skylark
October 9th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Bronchitis is usually cause by smoking, however if you dont smoke it may have been caused by second hand smoking.

Other causes are viruses, bacteria that you breath in and even just breathing in dust or smoke.

So you know:

Acute bronchitis last a day or two

Chronic Bronchitis lasts a month to a few months or more. Smokers are more at risk of Chronic.

Reference: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/bronchitis

My advice, go see a doctor, you should never let any health condition lay it's course, as it will only get worse.

Message me if you need more help :)

I don't smoke and nobody in my life smokes or ever has before. I don't know the cause and tbh I don't really care all that much. I'm just worried if this is something other than the CB that i'm not noticing and is possibly even more harmful.

Uniquemind
October 10th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Yes my gut says go see them.

Eat lots of veggies and nutrients and cut out ALL white flour/bread/sugar from your diet.

Drink lots of fluid, invest in a dyson air purifier, and yes doctors most likely will put you on antibiotics. So follow their advice as well.

Reece L
October 11th, 2016, 07:13 PM
antibiotics Will destroy the immune system? Nope. They target bacteria, and viruses. The immune system would destroy the antibiotics if they attacked your body. Your body makes billions of white blood cells. Sometimes the immune system can get confused and mistake bad bacteria as "freindly". The antibiotics sees the immune system as "freindly" not fo.
The antibiotics will find the bad bacteria your immune system may of mistaked, or can't find. My immune system is good. Coughing up green mucus is a sign of a infection. Yellow is a sign of sinus infection. Black is where tobacco smokers cough up tar in there lungs where the body try's to ex spell of the tar. It would be 1 in a billion chance of the antibiotics attacking your immune system as they target fungi, viruses, and bad bacteria. And your immune system would prevent the antibiotics attacking you. Of course the immune system will see the antibiotics as fishy as the immune system can tell how many cells it has made and extra ones came in without it making them. But, it will see antibiotics as freindly still. So your Immune system will be extremely cautious.

StoppingTom
October 12th, 2016, 01:07 PM
antibiotics Will destroy the immune system? Nope. They target bacteria, and viruses. The immune system would destroy the antibiotics if they attacked your body. Your body makes billions of white blood cells. Sometimes the immune system can get confused and mistake bad bacteria as "freindly". The antibiotics sees the immune system as "freindly" not fo.
The antibiotics will find the bad bacteria your immune system may of mistaked, or can't find. My immune system is good. Coughing up green mucus is a sign of a infection. Yellow is a sign of sinus infection. Black is where tobacco smokers cough up tar in there lungs where the body try's to ex spell of the tar. It would be 1 in a billion chance of the antibiotics attacking your immune system as they target fungi, viruses, and bad bacteria. And your immune system would prevent the antibiotics attacking you. Of course the immune system will see the antibiotics as fishy as the immune system can tell how many cells it has made and extra ones came in without it making them. But, it will see antibiotics as freindly still. So your Immune system will be extremely cautious.

Accurate post overall, but antibiotics can potentially inadvertantly harm you, what with the whole "superbug" crisis.

However, in this situation, OP does need antibiotics, and blood in phlegm indicates to me that they are coughing hard enough to cause bleeding, which doesn't happen with bronchitis. I think pneumonia personally, but they NEED to see a doctor about this, because they can do the proper examinations and cultures.

Reece L
October 12th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Accurate post overall, but antibiotics can potentially inadvertantly harm you, what with the whole "superbug" crisis.

However, in this situation, OP does need antibiotics, and blood in phlegm indicates to me that they are coughing hard enough to cause bleeding, which doesn't happen with bronchitis. I think pneumonia personally, but they NEED to see a doctor about this, because they can do the proper examinations and cultures.

I did state they can harm you but it's very rare. But yes they can, but it's unlikely. As the immune system would bash the antibiotics within seconds if the immune system catches it trying to invade healthy cells. White blood cells and helper T cells would protect you. Helper T cells can attack anything mainly. But to be attacked by antibiotics you'd not even know. Coughing up green mucus is a sign you've got one aka virus or cold, I just wait for my immune system to kill it.

But mainky whe coughing up green mucus, is a sign your white blood cells are removing the virus and telling your body to remove of the dead virus. Once the white blood cells kill the virus, they shrivel and die. As they did there duty..And other white blood cells eat the dead ones. And the process repeats, once your body finds a virus, it registered it into a memory cell. Like chicken pox. Once the I'mmune system sees the chicken pox right away, it will smash it within seconds it enters the body. Anti bodies connect to the walls of the virus preventing it killing healthy cells. So if the virus tried to attack a white blood cell, or tissue, it would bounce off it. They would normally kill it. But if there's a few white blood cells, and tons of the viruses formed, that's when your body goes into lock down. You immune system would flood the area of white blood cells, and the white blood cells would release tons of antibodies per seconds, that's maybe why you feel sick sometimes. Your body makes millions a hour to upon billions a day. Without the immune system, we'd all be dead. There is a injection that cancer research has been working on. It makes the immune system immune. It makes it so if it suspects cancer cells are happily growing, this injection trains the immune system to kill the cancer cells without no mercy. As the immune system that is weak, can be brought back again, and more powerful then anyone's before. Research has shown that some tumours can trick the immune system, thinking its a normal cell. And won't attack it. And when the injection is in the body with the fluid.... There's no stopping the immune system. As it boosts it up. There is still hope and this maybe the cure. As it can sniff out cancer cells, even if it was hidden good before was going undetected. Technically doctors say in 30'years, they maybe able to alter real human life expectancy. As they altered a dog life to 11 more years longer. They cloned a sheep. Called dolly....I bet in 20 years Thel, have a device that transport us to the moon and back.... Humanity is growing smarter. Happy days bro.