PDA

View Full Version : One Republic's latest album

TheFutureDoctor
October 8th, 2016, 05:55 AM
I started listening to 1R approx 2 months back, and they've really got to me :P
I mean dang, those are some good songs!!
Yesterday, their latest album Oh My My came out. Anyone who heard it, what do you think? I think it is good (of course!) but somehow...something seems missing... I mean I heard the entire Native Album and those actually got me euphoric..or dancy or something :D. The only ones I truly liked in this one were Lets Hurt Tonight and Kids.... So I personally am a liiiittlee disappointed... No offense, I like them a lot.

Plane And Simple
October 8th, 2016, 07:33 AM
I've known them since Apologize came out, and I feel it happens with all the albums they release, at first I'm like "Meh" but I slowly start liking them more and more to the point I only listen to it for a few days. I like this album it's different from Native, but it's certainly more charming and motivating that Native was. I see it as Native being the "bottom" side of when you "break", and Oh My My being when you slowly start to get back on your feet. I like it, so far, and Choke has to be my favourite, together with Kids

Phosphene
October 8th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Oh yay!! I was waiting for someone to make this thread! :D I first heard One Republic perform on The Voice a few years ago around the time they released Native and fell in love with them. Their music motivates me and I just think they're fabulous.

I like Oh My My - I just need a few more listens to warm up to it, if you get what I mean. It's different than everything they've done prior, which is great. Not my favorite album of theirs but I like it nonetheless. To be honest I would like anything they put out, cuz I mean they're ONE REPUBLIC :heart:

Plane And Simple
October 8th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Oh yay!! I was waiting for someone to make this thread! :D I first heard One Republic perform on The Voice a few years ago around the time they released Native and fell in love with them. Their music motivates me and I just think they're fabulous.

I like Oh My My - I just need a few more listens to warm up to it, if you get what I mean. It's different than everything they've done prior, which is great. Not my favorite album of theirs but I like it nonetheless. To be honest I would like anything they put out, cuz I mean they're ONE REPUBLIC :heart:

Agreed with the second paragrsph, byt it just became my favourite album from them :P

Melodic
October 8th, 2016, 03:16 PM
I'm actually a pretty big fan of One Republic. I started getting into them a few years ago.

I personally feel their style changed a bit in this new album. The current sound in pop music is very different compared to the previous years and I can see a bit of that influenced into their new album.

TheFutureDoctor
October 9th, 2016, 06:17 AM
To be honest I would like anything they put out, cuz I mean they're ONE REPUBLIC :heart:

EXACTLY!!!:cool:

Yeah, I guess I'm warming up now. :P Can't stop listening.... :D

Posts merged. Use the edit button next time ~Mars