PDA

View Full Version : Is attending an IB program worth it?

Refreshingly
October 7th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Hey again. I'm planning to attend a high school with the sole purpose of attending an International Baccalaureate program. I have heard of its benefits, but it has been stated that it's very difficult to complete it. Is it worth it?

Thanks,
Justin.

lliam
October 8th, 2016, 12:09 AM
At the beginning of the new school year, I moved to a new school where the IB program was offered. This school is a international school.

Of course, after nearly two months, I really can't say, whether the IB is worth or not.
But my new school, and especially the form of the "teaching" there (based on self-education of the students), however, suits me.

The advisor at the new school, said, that it is a very challenging program of course, and it requiries more time from the student than the education at a "normal" school. And as for that also an enormous amount of self-discipline and such.

But the tests after the consultation showed that I really should be able to pass the IB without being mentally overstrained by the requirements of the program.

This result was decisive, that I was accepted as a student at that school. The school's capacity is set for just 300 students only. Therefore, the the education is claimed to be as one of the best. And the teachers aren't teachers, but tutors.

And after one or two years, I'll continue my education in the IB program at a Canadian partner high school and finish the IB there.

At least, eg, if you want to study abroad, it is worth taking part in the IB-program, I guess.