PDA

View Full Version : How to confront some ex-friends

Nopito
October 5th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Hey guys

Im going to be seeing 2 of my old friends who basically dropped me from our tight-knit group of friends and gave no reason at all about a year ago at this point. Im going to be seeing them in about 2 weeks for the first time in 9 months. I really want to confront them about why they stopped talking to me and dropped me from the group after growing up together, and also convey just how much this has affected me.

How do i go about confronting them about this issue the right way?

Thanks
Nopito

NeuroTiger
October 5th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Hey guys

Im going to be seeing 2 of my old friends who basically dropped me from our tight-knit group of friends and gave no reason at all about a year ago at this point. Im going to be seeing them in about 2 weeks for the first time in 9 months. I really want to confront them about why they stopped talking to me and dropped me from the group after growing up together, and also convey just how much this has affected me.

Thanks
Nopito

Any particular event or reason why you would be meeting in 2weeks?
And what happened a year ago between you guys?

Nopito
October 5th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Any particular event or reason why you would be meeting in 2weeks?
And what happened a year ago between you guys?

Yea, i signed up for an event with my friend, turns out the 2 of them are going too.

What happened? I wish i knew. A few months ago i posted on here about what i thought happened, but the more i thought about it it didnt convince me. Basically 4 of my closest friends dropped me completely out of the group sithout saying a word. I asked them for a reason, they gave nothing but dumb excuses(they were obviously excuses, but i dont want to go into specifics to remain anonymous). I have suspicions that 2 of them made up some rumors about me that i was talking shit about the other 2, but thats only a suspicion so i have no idea.

I'll link my old post in case you still want to read it.

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2028406

jamie_n5
October 6th, 2016, 03:44 PM
I think you should just ease into things. Don't even bring up the subject. Just start talking like how have things been going I have missed you guys and just go about rejoining each other. Don't try to make any issue about dropping you or anything. Why take a chance on upsetting them. If they bring it up or apologize or something like that well then talk about it. Otherwise let the past be the past and go on with the future.

zzzzzzzzzz
October 7th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Hey guys

Thanks
Nopito

I think you should just ease into things. Don't even bring up the subject. Just start talking like how have things been going I have missed you guys and just go about rejoining each other. Don't try to make any issue about dropping you or anything. Why take a chance on upsetting them. If they bring it up or apologize or something like that well then talk about it. Otherwise let the past be the past and go on with the future.

Agreed. Going in heavy handed and angry would just lead to more sour grapes, and never speaking again. Keep it friendly. If they are blunt or rude, it will be their issue, and you will be no worse off than you are now

Babs
October 7th, 2016, 05:06 PM
My advice is don't. It would create unnecessary drama, and it's petty to dredge up the past. If the situation is over, then let it be over.

SeansLittleBro
October 7th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Just see how they act toward you. If they dropped you it is their problem but to confront them might make things worse. See what happens. You've lived without them for a year and the worse thing that could happen is you guys don't get back together.

Just JT
October 8th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Sometimes time heals old wounds
If they bring it up, like everyones saying....talk about it
Going in half cocked will only agitate, you don't wana put salt on that wound do ya?