PDA

View Full Version : Fights with younger brother.

Carcel
October 4th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Hey all! I have a younger brother and we keep fighting all the time. I know it's quite common among siblings, but some how i feel that these small regular fights are just spoiling our relation. So, I've decided to stay away from him. No interfering in what he does, nor advising him in anything, nor even talking much with him. You think it's the right thing to do?

Amethyst Rose
October 4th, 2016, 06:56 AM
What are the fights usually about? Rather than ignoring him and hoping the problem will go away, you should try having a talk with him about why you're fighting so you can each understand where the other is coming from.

kyrocks03
October 4th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Hey all! I have a younger brother and we keep fighting all the time. I know it's quite common among siblings, but some how i feel that these small regular fights are just spoiling our relation. So, I've decided to stay away from him. No interfering in what he does, nor advising him in anything, nor even talking much with him. You think it's the right thing to do?

My 16 year old brother used to fight like cats and dogs. Now we mostly avoid one another and don't fuss with each other at all. We follow pretty much what you are saying. Most of our fights start over stupid crap like tele channel or computer.

Ben7
October 5th, 2016, 12:07 AM
It depends on how old you guys are, I'd imagine as you get older you will mature more and I expect this would change for the better.

In any case, he's your brother. I don't know if you have other siblings or not. But he's still your brother and you should look out for him and do your best to be the more mature, respectful, older brother and be a model for him to follow. I'm sure you will keep fighting at times but you are the older brother and any efforts to make amends should initiate from your end. I'd do everything possible to get along with my brother. You will meet many people throughout your life, and most of them you will forget. But your brother will always be your brother.

jamie_n5
October 5th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Yeah maybe he needs some alone time. Give him enough time alone he may even come back to you and ask a question or need help with something. I think you are doing the right thing.

SeansLittleBro
October 12th, 2016, 05:45 PM
You're right fights among brothers isn't anything new I have 3 brothers and one is a twin we have had some really bad fights over the years but as we gre older (all of us) they seemed to become less oh sometimes it starts but our relationship as brothers is very strong and we don't let it bother us, at least I don't

TheFutureDoctor
October 20th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Agree here. I get quite hurt and tell my sis Im gonna forget she exists, not help her with anything. But dude..... shit called sibling love......