PDA

View Full Version : Will still do it, even if parent don't allow.

Carcel
October 4th, 2016, 04:37 AM
Hey all! So, what's your plans for Halloween this year? My friends and I have decided to pull on a party. But, my parents as usual haven't agreed for it and so, I won't be able to use our backyard. Nor, does any of my friends have a good place for the party. But, we are not gonna give up on this and that's for sure. I've figured out that it's possible to modify shipping containers into rooms. http://www.securecontainer.ca/containers/container-modifications/ My friend's dad owns some shipping containers and I believe that we can borrow one. You think it could be turned into a temporary party area? Do you think it would be illegal to do so, in any ways? Also, if we are modifying it, then we would be doing it on our own, mainly to reduce the expense. Hence, I need ideas on how it can be transformed well into a party space. Please do give your suggestions. I really wanna have a blast this

ClaraWho
October 4th, 2016, 08:24 PM
I'd think this through much more carefully. To answer your question though, yes this would probably be illegal and the cops could shut the party down, including making arrests. Especially if alcohol and loud music is involved. Not to mention fire safety...

~ Clara

lliam
October 4th, 2016, 10:12 PM
That's not a bad idea, I guess.

We celebrated my 16th b-day party in two of such containers. We just had to promise that we will leave the containers in the state in which we entered it. However, to use'em it cost me just this promise.

Sailor Mars
October 4th, 2016, 10:48 PM
I'd think this through much more carefully. To answer your question though, yes this would probably be illegal and the cops could shut the party down, including making arrests. Especially if alcohol and loud music is involved. Not to mention fire safety...

~ Clara

It isn't illegal if someone owns it and gives permission. It also isn't illegal to play loud music. It is illegal though to drink when underaged, so watch yourself with that, OP. Sounds fun tho. Maybe set up some turn tables in the back and some sets of speakers so it echoes ?

Uniquemind
October 5th, 2016, 12:07 AM
If the noise becomes a public disturbance you will be shut down.

Look at local laws and restrictions which make sure you aren't violating anything on that level.

Also parties can get out of hand too, even if you are hosting it becomes hard to throw 20+ people out of the residence if you feel it's gotten out of hand.

jamie_n5
October 5th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Well first of all if your friends dad owns the shipping container and the land it sits on there should be nothing illegal. How many people will be at the party and will there be enough room in there? It is too bad your parents wouldn't let you use your yard. Then they would have known where you were and what you are doing. What a shame. I hope it works out OK. Happy Halloween and have fun decorating.

Falcons_11
October 8th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Having a party in a shipping container seems a little bizarre. By shipping container do you mean like 1 of those trailers your see behind a truck on the highway? But anyway, I hope you and your friends have a great Halloween party wherever you have it.

Just JT
October 8th, 2016, 07:28 PM
That actually sounds like a blast!!
Yeah, let's all get shitfaced in a storage container, so we make it easier for the cops to lock us up, seeing there's only one door. And easy to haul away to, for a slight added cost right?
Or hey, yeah, maybe some pedophile will see this and do the same thing, or s pyromaniac will see it, lock it up and set it on fire!!!

Yeah, really cool huh?

SeansLittleBro
October 9th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Sounds like your friends dad would be ok with you using the containers However where are they going to be? On his property where he parks them? If you have his permission I don't see any legal aspect being a problem. However I'm not sure of your age and you might need adult supervision no matter where Also suprised your parents wouldn't let you have it at your house cause a party is better than walking around doing things that many teens do on halloween

Drewboyy
October 9th, 2016, 04:11 PM
It is illegal though to drink when underaged, so watch yourself with that

So many teens get in trouble with alcohol but all they have to do is tell the police to not enter.

If police knock and say they got a call about loud music then say sorry (and be nice about it) but don't let them in. That is, if alcohol is involved.