PDA

View Full Version : Have you been pulled over? I've been pulled over.

PinkFloyd
October 4th, 2016, 01:00 AM
I've been pulled over a total of nine times. i only recently realized that. To be honest, if someone were to ask me how many times I had been pulled over, I'd guess something like two or three, but in reality, it's six. Here are the stories.

First: Speeding (63 in a 50) warning

Second driving on an official vehicle only street in Downtown Minneapolis warning

Third: Acting suspicious, cop basically pulled me over to make sure I wasn't drunk warning

Fourth: speeding (38 in a 30) and since it was so late, I bet he wanted to make sure I wasn't drunk. warning

Fifth: rolled through a stop sign, told me I slowly rolled through a stop sign and told me to feel my car rock back before I go again warning

Sixth: expired tags, told me to get new ones warning

Seventh: speeding (80 in a 70) was on an interstate highway with my girlfriend coming home from a party an hour and a half north; we really just wanted to get home, so I set the cruise at 80. The cop was cool and gave me a warning.

Eighth: Speeding (57 in a 40) Alright, that sounds bad, but it wasn't. That particular road has very little cross traffic, no driveways, there's not a school for miles, and yeah, the speed limit shouldn't be 40. People commonly go 50. I was kinda sorta late to school, so I was going faster than my usual 50. I blew by a known speed trap, and like clockwork, out came a city cop. About a minute later, he pulled me over and asked for all the usual stuff. (license and proof of insurance) The license was no problem. I got that out easily. However, the insurance was a bit of a hiccup because it was in an envelope in my glove box. Another item in my glove box was a metal BB handgun; you know, the kind that shoot little copper BBs that are meant for small game hunting... It's classified as a lethal weapon. Before even thinking of reaching to my glove box to get the insurance details, I came clean with the cop and told him "There's a very realistic looking BB gun in there, what Should I do?" He was totally cool about it, and just said it wasn't a big deal, so I proceeded and gave him the paper. He went to his car and came back with just my license and gave me a warning. I had a fucking GUN in the car and the guy gave me a warning. it was great.

Ninth: Headlight out; I have a relatively new car, so I have no idea why this happened, but I was fully expecting to be pulled over. So much so, that my wallet (which contains my drivers' license) and insurance details were sitting right in my lap as i was driving. Sure enough, around midnight, I saw the front of a Ford Explorer (common police car here) hiding on a side street, and when I passed they followed me, waited around three minutes to probably see if I'd do anything else illegal, and then they pulled me over. It was a quick, friendly exchange, and I promised to get it fixed, so I got a warning.

Cognizant
October 4th, 2016, 05:03 PM
I've been pulled over five times, four of which were for lighting issues I had due to bad connectors in my car.

1st time: Burnt out headlight (fix it ticket)

2nd time: Broken brake light BY THE SAME FUCKING COP 4 MONTHS LATER (fix it ticket)

3rd time: Broken brake light still not fixed, pulled over by a different PD this time (only got a warning)

4rd time: Same broken brake light (though at this point only 1 brake light was working), that I hadn't gotten fixed (another fix it ticket from San Francisco PD because I didn't have the other ticket with me)

5th time (the only dangerous stupid one): going 90 in a 65 on the freeway bc it was like 1am and I was bored. He asked me if I was drunk. Surprisingly, I explained myself to the officer (I was stressed at home and thought it would be fun to go for a late night drive, but obviously flooring it wasn't a bright idea) and he gave me a warning!!!!

PinkFloyd
October 5th, 2016, 09:38 PM
I've been pulled over five times, four of which were for lighting issues I had due to bad connectors in my car.

1st time: Burnt out headlight (fix it ticket)

2nd time: Broken brake light BY THE SAME FUCKING COP 4 MONTHS LATER (fix it ticket)

3rd time: Broken brake light still not fixed, pulled over by a different PD this time (only got a warning)

4rd time: Same broken brake light (though at this point only 1 brake light was working), that I hadn't gotten fixed (another fix it ticket from San Francisco PD because I didn't have the other ticket with me)

5th time (the only dangerous stupid one): going 90 in a 65 on the freeway bc it was like 1am and I was bored. He asked me if I was drunk. Surprisingly, I explained myself to the officer (I was stressed at home and thought it would be fun to go for a late night drive, but obviously flooring it wasn't a bright idea) and he gave me a warning!!!!

That is fantastic. You did the absolute right thing by telling the truth to the cop. I learned that one of the main reasons cops pull people over for speeding at night is to see if they're under the influence. When the cop saw that you were as a bird, he leveled with your frustration and understood you weren't really endangering yourself or others, so he gave you a warning. It's also got a lot to do with the car you were driving. If it's a new car with safety features and responsive steering, it's able to go fast at high speeds in a more safe manor than a 92 Civic.

PinkFloyd
October 6th, 2016, 12:47 AM
San Fran PD probably carries pink guns that fire suction darts

"Thir, do you know how fatht you were going?"

I would not be surprised. :lol3:

CosmicNoodle
October 11th, 2016, 04:12 PM
In the UK you probably would have had your licence revoked at that point.

1st Time: Random check. Obviously young people at night are dealing drugs or murdering people.

2nd Time: Tire pressure at 14psi when it should have been 32 Verbal Warning

3rd Time: Speeding, 38 in a 30, legally mandated speed awareness course at my expense, 90 ($144 at time of incident, see what I mean PinkFloyd, cops in the UK are on a constant power trip, and when I broke the law it was 1AM on a Thursday on a quiet road. I understand you need to be put in your place occasionally, but come on dude.)

4th Time: Low tyre pressure (FUCKING AGAIN -_-) Verbal Warning

Thankfully the 4th time I was pulled over was just a quick chat, little did he know I had a bag full of alcohol and fireworks xD

Reece L
October 11th, 2016, 04:42 PM
My step dad was going 130 down a 70 mph down motor way. He got caught and got fined 100 that's it lmao. P.s I love when my step dad drives mega mega fast:D the speed camera picked my dads car up. Don't think the police would try and catch him. He's fast and never has crashed. I've been in a car when he's driven 120 down a Path way in the woods. Of course it was closed...my step dad was naughty lol.

Muddy Sneakers
November 16th, 2016, 09:33 PM
I'm always looking out for police cars so I've never been stopped for speeding, not that I go THAT much over the limit anyway. But i was pulled over once for talking on a cell phone and got a warning.

Sogeking
November 16th, 2016, 11:08 PM
I haven't been stopped but I have come close several times.

-Went 90 in a 70mph stretch of highway. The cop was hidden behind the trees facing the other side of the highway.
-Went 75 in a 65mph stretch of highway. The only reason I wasn't stopped was because there was another car going slightly faster as we were driving over a crest. (This one was a relief.)
-Went 42 in a 35mph road. The car behind me was also going slightly faster so he decided to go after him instead. (This one was an even bigger relief.)
-I saw someone getting pulled over for rolling a stop sign. (This was an intersection that I also frequently roll stopped.)

I guess I'm just a bit lucky. :P

HahaWaitWhat
December 7th, 2016, 03:36 AM
There were a few times where I got close:

- Was headed back from work one night, doing about 60 in a 45. Get to a two-lane area in town, all of the sudden, a CHP launches out from a secluded dirt area and chases after a car that was only a few seconds ahead of me.

- Was in the city, doing about 70 or 80 in a 65 (freeway/highway). Look in my rear view mirror and notice a plain police suv right on my ass. Needless to say, I slowed down and got in the next lane as he flew by me.

- Was chasing my friend in his jeep through some twisty roads in town. Doing about 60/65 in a 35. An SUV comes out of nowhere in the opposite lane. I just see a white door go by in my peripheral, then I see brake lights in my rear view mirror. Thankfully there's a turn coming up, and my friend and I both nope the hell out of there.

- Another time, my friend (the one I was chasing above) and I were headed back from the Bay Area (he was driving) after buying some car parts. It was about 2 or 3am and were just a few minutes from home. He's usually a fast driver, and we were driving his first car that he had just spent two years on engine/manual swapping it so he driving the hell out of it everywhere. Anyway, it's pretty late at night and nobodies out, so he's obviously speeding. We're doing about 73 in a 45 when a pair of headlights appear around a turn. The car goes past, said car slams on the brakes and my buddy already knows he's fucked. We get pulled over a few seconds later.

Thankfully, I haven't gotten pulled over yet. Hoping that my first time won't be any time soon either, or when I'm doing 20 or 30 over the speed limit. BMW drivers already have a bad rep anyway.

brandon9
December 7th, 2016, 11:47 AM
I was stopped once for doing 120 in a 55 on a mile-long stretch of straight road while driving my uncle's Porsche, cop came out from behind a little copse of trees. When the cop came up to the car and shit he saw who my uncle was and just said "Nice to see you again" and told me to slow down, then we went on our way lmao. I was only saved any legal issues because my uncle is so well-known where he lives and nobody pays him mind.

Sublime Demonz
December 8th, 2016, 12:09 AM
I've come close quite a few times, but I've only ever been stopped once.

It was about 9:30 pm and I was on my home from work, just coming off the freeway in to a 25 mph zone where I was caught doing 41 mph. The cop was on the opposite side of the rode coming toward me and I barely got past him before I saw his lights come on. I pulled over and he asked if I knew why he stopped me, so I told the truth and said that I had been speeding. He asked if there was a particular reason I was speeding and I said no, and he let me off with a warning. I've been a little more careful since, but there were still some close calls after that too.

PinkFloyd
December 8th, 2016, 12:17 AM
There were a few times where I got close:

- Was headed back from work one night, doing about 60 in a 45. Get to a two-lane area in town, all of the sudden, a CHP launches out from a secluded dirt area and chases after a car that was only a few seconds ahead of me.

- Was in the city, doing about 70 or 80 in a 65 (freeway/highway). Look in my rear view mirror and notice a plain police suv right on my ass. Needless to say, I slowed down and got in the next lane as he flew by me.

- Was chasing my friend in his jeep through some twisty roads in town. Doing about 60/65 in a 35. An SUV comes out of nowhere in the opposite lane. I just see a white door go by in my peripheral, then I see brake lights in my rear view mirror. Thankfully there's a turn coming up, and my friend and I both nope the hell out of there.

- Another time, my friend (the one I was chasing above) and I were headed back from the Bay Area (he was driving) after buying some car parts. It was about 2 or 3am and were just a few minutes from home. He's usually a fast driver, and we were driving his first car that he had just spent two years on engine/manual swapping it so he driving the hell out of it everywhere. Anyway, it's pretty late at night and nobodies out, so he's obviously speeding. We're doing about 73 in a 45 when a pair of headlights appear around a turn. The car goes past, said car slams on the brakes and my buddy already knows he's fucked. We get pulled over a few seconds later.

Thankfully, I haven't gotten pulled over yet. Hoping that my first time won't be any time soon either, or when I'm doing 20 or 30 over the speed limit. BMW drivers already have a bad rep anyway.

There was one time where a friend and I kinda sorta outran the police. Well, it wasn't like they were right behind me with their lights on, attempting to pull me over. What happened was we were going about 110 down a four lane county road in a more secluded part of a suburb of Minneapolis. It wasn't super secluded considering there were plenty of subdivision developments and a large gas station nearby, but anyways, we were rocketing down that empty road at 3 AM. We were in the right lane and a cop was sitting on a side street on the other side of the street. We zoomed by and in my rear-view mirror about five seconds later, I saw red and blue lights way behind me. we knew they were for us (me) because we were the only car on the road. I put the pedal down to the floor and felt as 110 turned into 130. about 30 seconds later, I could still see the red and blue lights, but they were much, much smaller. I took the next turn, flew about two miles down that road until saw a beacon of hope, a Wal-Mart. we parked in the busiest part of the lot and chilled there for two hours, and then went home.

Just JT
December 8th, 2016, 06:02 AM
I even driven cars plenty. But never got stopped. There was that one time though but I didn't stop. So I don't think that counts. And I didn't get a ticket or warning or anything. But I sure felt sorry for the owner of that car lmao!!!

Dalcourt
December 10th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Not when I was driving...but I have been sitting in the passenger seat when we were pulled over a view times.

When it's some routine shit in our city it's nothing to worry about.

But I remember being pulled over for speeding when I was in the car with my Dad during a stay in the neigbor state at my grandparents. This one was really scary with police officers pointing guns at us and shouting and all that stuff...

PinkFloyd
December 13th, 2016, 04:58 AM
Not when I was driving...but I have been sitting in the passenger seat when we were pulled over a view times.

When it's some routine shit in our city it's nothing to worry about.

But I remember being pulled over for speeding when I was in the car with my Dad during a stay in the neigbor state at my grandparents. This one was really scary with police officers pointing guns at us and shouting and all that stuff...

Why did they have their guns drawn for speeding? Did the driver attempt to outrun the police?

Dalcourt
December 13th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Why did they have their guns drawn for speeding? Did the driver attempt to outrun the police?

No, he didn't...there was some sort of misunderstanding and the wrong skin color.

PinkFloyd
December 13th, 2016, 02:00 PM
No, he didn't...there was some sort of misunderstanding and the wrong skin color.

Yeah, certain cops can be pricks. I only asked because a friend of mine didn't pull over right away, (he didn't make any attempt to evade, but he took roughly two minutes to pull over) and the original officer called backup and in the end, all four of the cops ran up to the kid's driver and passenger side with their guns trained on him. That was certainly a situation where him not being a white kid came into play.

Dalcourt
December 14th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Yeah, certain cops can be pricks. I only asked because a friend of mine didn't pull over right away, (he didn't make any attempt to evade, but he took roughly two minutes to pull over) and the original officer called backup and in the end, all four of the cops ran up to the kid's driver and passenger side with their guns trained on him. That was certainly a situation where him not being a white kid came into play.

Yeah...well it's difficult sometimes and dangerous. My Dad at first thought they meant another car as he hadn't realised he did something wrong as the other one was obviously speeding, too. So it also took him a few minutes to react but he didn't go faster to escape or anything...

It was somehow unlucky and could have easily escalated. But as long as you keep your calm, your hands where the cops see them and stay respectful you have a good chance to get out of it unharmed.

TaCoonaBiKe
January 16th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Ha, "funny" story actually, i was driving my grandpas old old old 50cc "rocket" (a babetta 210 if u wanna look it up) and i was going through vineyards, cuz i have those behing my street.. i had no license nor a registration plate.. so i was done in the vineyards just doing my usual spinaround like i always did, then i exit and decided its a good idea to go ride in a sort of a "MTB or Motocross" track with ramps, jumps etc.. so i was cruisung down my street, and since i have no license i had to go through a dirt road.. theres the problem, the dirt road sort of connects to a motorway with this like "exit" road which noone uses now... and as i was approaching the exit road i noticed 2 damn police cars (mind that these are the "green" cops, PMJs = motorized police unit [policajna motorizovana jednotka] and those guys are not someone to fuck with hehe) so i pulled both of those oldass brakes, stopped right befor them, did a spin on my leg and exited the road on a dirt road.. i looked back and theres no one.. yet.. i somehow managed to take a wrong turn and i got lost.. i uturned back to the dirt road and headed to my house, and as i look to my right, theres a fucking cop cap behing me... i pulled the throttle so hard, i ran through an intersection and was doing maybe 40.. then the sirens and everything turn on, i got super scared cuz, no license yet, and stopped... i waited for them.. they pull over, get out, and i see 2 guys with glocks and kevlars on them.. i shat myself.. one says: "are u tryin to outrun us on that? "Points at the bike" i said "no sir" and then they were asking like wtf am i doing etc.. in the end i got a warning :D thou i lost my goggles somewhere... i went home shitless and parked the bike never to ride it again :DD... now i got a license and am enjoying the dirt... ling post sry for mistakes

stoneflowe96
February 2nd, 2017, 06:47 PM
I got pulled over one time. I drove for my voluntary service to France and I got pulled over on the border by german police. They just checked the car and my driver licens. I did nothing wrong. I got probably pulled over because I drove a van.

HahaWaitWhat
February 15th, 2017, 02:47 AM
There was one time where a friend and I kinda sorta outran the police. Well, it wasn't like they were right behind me with their lights on, attempting to pull me over. What happened was we were going about 110 down a four lane county road in a more secluded part of a suburb of Minneapolis. It wasn't super secluded considering there were plenty of subdivision developments and a large gas station nearby, but anyways, we were rocketing down that empty road at 3 AM. We were in the right lane and a cop was sitting on a side street on the other side of the street. We zoomed by and in my rear-view mirror about five seconds later, I saw red and blue lights way behind me. we knew they were for us (me) because we were the only car on the road. I put the pedal down to the floor and felt as 110 turned into 130. about 30 seconds later, I could still see the red and blue lights, but they were much, much smaller. I took the next turn, flew about two miles down that road until saw a beacon of hope, a Wal-Mart. we parked in the busiest part of the lot and chilled there for two hours, and then went home.

Lol almost in the same boat, thankfully the CHP that had pulled us over for the 73 in a 45 wasn't around a few hours before when we maxed out his car at about 135.

More recently, my friend (from above) and his girlfriend were driving an hour to the next city while my cousin and I followed behind in my wagon and got some rolling shots and videos of his m3. Anyway, we're in the city on the highway and my friend decides to do a flyby doing probably 140+ while my cousin got a video. A few seconds later, I'm doing 90 in the fast lane and look up in my rear view mirror to see flashing red/blue lights way behind me. I slow down and merge into the next lane hiding my buddies car on my right. We were all 90% sure he was looking for my friend. We both take the next exit to avoid any other CHPs on the lookout.

Moral of the story? Always have a silver station wagon around to hide you.

http://i65.tinypic.com/dyaj3m.jpg

PinkFloyd
February 15th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Lol almost in the same boat, thankfully the CHP that had pulled us over for the 73 in a 45 wasn't around a few hours before when we maxed out his car at about 135.

More recently, my friend (from above) and his girlfriend were driving an hour to the next city while my cousin and I followed behind in my wagon and got some rolling shots and videos of his m3. Anyway, we're in the city on the highway and my friend decides to do a flyby doing probably 140+ while my cousin got a video. A few seconds later, I'm doing 90 in the fast lane and look up in my rear view mirror to see flashing red/blue lights way behind me. I slow down and merge into the next lane hiding my buddies car on my right. We were all 90% sure he was looking for my friend. We both take the next exit to avoid any other CHPs on the lookout.

Moral of the story? Always have a silver station wagon around to hide you.

image (http://i65.tinypic.com/dyaj3m.jpg)

I love the E36 M3! And your E39 wagon looks pretty awesome too. I'd love to get an E39 M5 some day, but they're kinda pricey to maintain.

HahaWaitWhat
February 15th, 2017, 03:31 PM
I love the E36 M3! And your E39 wagon looks pretty awesome too. I'd love to get an E39 M5 some day, but they're kinda pricey to maintain.

Ooh a fellow BMW enthusiast? I had a chance to sell my wagon and buy an LMB/LMB e39 m5 off of my friend's brother. Lol same person that sold me my wagon.

I would've had to take out a small loan on top of whatever I sold my car for. Didn't want a car payment, but now I regret not buying it. Instead of selling it, he's decided to part it out.

PinkFloyd
February 16th, 2017, 02:05 AM
Ooh a fellow BMW enthusiast? I had a chance to sell my wagon and buy an LMB/LMB e39 m5 off of my friend's brother. Lol same person that sold me my wagon.

I would've had to take out a small loan on top of whatever I sold my car for. Didn't want a car payment, but now I regret not buying it. Instead of selling it, he's decided to part it out.

I definitely love BMW, that's for sure haha :D
It's a shame the guy parted it out.

HahaWaitWhat
February 16th, 2017, 02:30 AM
I definitely love BMW, that's for sure haha :D

Hard not to love them lol. Yeah, I understand his financial reasoning behind it though, but it is unfortunate that he's parting a pretty much BMW legend.

PinkFloyd
February 16th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Hard not to love them lol. Yeah, I understand his financial reasoning behind it though, but it is unfortunate that he's parting a pretty much BMW legend.

Is it true that the E39 5-series, E46 3-series, E65 7-series, etc are the last truly mechanical BMWs? Because if so, they are definitely gems.

HahaWaitWhat
February 16th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Is it true that the E39 5-series, E46 3-series, E65 7-series, etc are the last truly mechanical BMWs? Because if so, they are definitely gems.

It certainly seems like that. Those generations are also most popular in the enthusiast community, whether for being 'truly mechanical' or just because they're easy to get a hold of. I can't really comment on most models/generations as I've only really been around e36, e46, and e39s. I can't really say that I've heard good things about e65s though.

With that aside, I've been around a few newer BMWs all of course owned by my friends BMW fanatic family. Out of all of them, I've only driven their X3 so I can't even really say much about the rest of them. His wife's previous 128i and its replacement (an M2) are both amazing cars regardless though :wub:

PinkFloyd
February 17th, 2017, 12:46 AM
It certainly seems like that. Those generations are also most popular in the enthusiast community, whether for being 'truly mechanical' or just because they're easy to get a hold of. I can't really comment on most models/generations as I've only really been around e36, e46, and e39s. I can't really say that I've heard good things about e65s though.

With that aside, I've been around a few newer BMWs all of course owned by my friends BMW fanatic family. Out of all of them, I've only driven their X3 so I can't even really say much about the rest of them. His wife's previous 128i and its replacement (an M2) are both amazing cars regardless though :wub:

The M2 seems really cool

Andre1998
April 9th, 2017, 06:14 AM
I didn't​ get pulled over yet luckily.

jdhud024
May 23rd, 2017, 11:42 PM
I got pulled over once for cutting through a gas station parking lot while running late for school. Three other cars in front of me did it so I said fuck it and did it too. Undercover cop got me, but he didn't give me a ticket, warning, or anything. He didn't even ask for license or registration. Just told me not to do it again and that he understands how irritating it is when someone holds up traffic like the guy at the stop sign was doing (not turning when he had plenty of time, I sat waiting for like 5 minutes before cutting through the parking lot).

PinkFloyd
May 26th, 2017, 06:17 PM
I got pulled over once for cutting through a gas station parking lot while running late for school. Three other cars in front of me did it so I said fuck it and did it too. Undercover cop got me, but he didn't give me a ticket, warning, or anything. He didn't even ask for license or registration. Just told me not to do it again and that he understands how irritating it is when someone holds up traffic like the guy at the stop sign was doing (not turning when he had plenty of time, I sat waiting for like 5 minutes before cutting through the parking lot).

How come it was illegal to cut through the parking lot?

Pepito
May 26th, 2017, 08:19 PM
I haven't personally, but my parents have been when i was in the car with them. It was actually my fault (at least partly) coz i slid the seatbelt off my shoulder as i was looking at the satnav and apparently it looked like i wasn't wearing one.

jdhud024
May 27th, 2017, 02:03 AM
How come it was illegal to cut through the parking lot?

Cutting through parking lots/anything really to avoid stop signs/stop lights/etc. is illegal and I knew it was but still did it to try to get there on time lol. This is what the road/gas station looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/IzmLlcC.jpg

That road is busy as fuck every school morning, because there is an intermediate school just out of view on the bottom left, and the high school is 1/2 to 1 mile to the right. I was waiting at that stop sign, which isn't a three way stop (the stop sign is where the single red car is on the left), and after waiting for over 5 minutes in the same place, the three cars in front of me decided to cut through that gas station parking lot to turn right, so I followed, and there was an undercover cop in an unmarked silver Charger that got me. Was chill, didn't ask for license or registration, or even my name, just said he understands the struggle but don't do it again.

PinkFloyd
May 27th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Cutting through parking lots/anything really to avoid stop signs/stop lights/etc. is illegal and I knew it was but still did it to try to get there on time lol. This is what the road/gas station looks like:
image (http://i.imgur.com/IzmLlcC.jpg)

That road is busy as fuck every school morning, because there is an intermediate school just out of view on the bottom left, and the high school is 1/2 to 1 mile to the right. I was waiting at that stop sign, which isn't a three way stop (the stop sign is where the single red car is on the left), and after waiting for over 5 minutes in the same place, the three cars in front of me decided to cut through that gas station parking lot to turn right, so I followed, and there was an undercover cop in an unmarked silver Charger that got me. Was chill, didn't ask for license or registration, or even my name, just said he understands the struggle but don't do it again.

Ah, that makes sense. I've pulled similar maneuvers, but never like that. There are similar gas stations that are on a corner like that, but none of them offer a clear passageway like that. I can see why it's illegal in your case. If it wasn't, that parking lot would be a street in it of its self :lol:

jdhud024
May 27th, 2017, 11:12 PM
Ah, that makes sense. I've pulled similar maneuvers, but never like that. There are similar gas stations that are on a corner like that, but none of them offer a clear passageway like that. I can see why it's illegal in your case. If it wasn't, that parking lot would be a street in it of its self :lol:

Yeah lmao. Glad I didn't get a ticket. Already had a wreck in September I don't need another reason for my insurance to go up

jdhud024
June 5th, 2017, 01:16 AM
I'll probably be pulled over for doing shit like this one day though.
https://goo.gl/photos/GXGd6Hjc62XuX4At5
I love hearing that Ford 5.4L 3V V8 roar under the hood. Makes me smile every damn time. Only 300HP and 365ft/lbs of torque, but she'll pull anything thrown at her without complaining.

bpk1234
June 7th, 2017, 10:41 PM
Yes I have. I was doing 70mph in a 50mph zone. The cop gave me a break because I was honest with him and he only ticketed me for the slowest speed he clocked me at which was 55mph.

CosmicNoodle
June 11th, 2017, 08:16 PM

It's always a shame until you really need that one part :D I don't like it either but they're definitely a necessary evil It's better their being a few less cars on the road than a lot more cars rotting on driveways because of a obsolete part.

Back on topic, my and my friend got pulled over today, we where in his car, 50mph in a 30mph zone, amazingly no ticket. It sounds weird but because of the stupid place the speed limit is and the way the road lays it's not as bad as it sounds, just given a very stern talking too by a very annoyed police officer.

My favorite part was him saying "don't do it in front of a police officer"

jdhud024
June 23rd, 2017, 12:23 AM
Story time. I'm the luckiest motherfucker I know.

Ok, so June 22, 2017, I was on the way home from Montgomery, AL. Traveling on I-85, I was between exit 32 and mile marker 42, somewhere in there. Don't know, doesn't matter.

Before I continue, let me say that I was driving my mom's car, a 2013 Hyundai Azera. 3.3L V6, 6 speed transmission, its a fast sedan, my dad's gotten it up to 120 mph in 5th gear, so she still had another gear to keep going. Anyway, I was driving my mom's car, which makes 80 mph feel like 20 mph.

So, I was a few cars back in a long line of cars in the left lane, and there was this one car riding my ass. People that do that piss me off greatly. Well, I decided to do a very dumb thing. As soon as I got a chance, I got in the right lane and floored it to get away from the car riding my ass. Well, I wasn't paying attention to the speedometer. But the undercover state trooper in a blacked out Ford Explorer in the left lane that I merged in front of certainly was. I knew as soon as I merged into the left lane that it was a cop. I could see the LED lights mounted in the grille. I got back in the right lane and just started slowing down, knowing I fucked up. He followed and turned his lights on.

Here's where I'm a lucky motherfucker.

We pull over, he walks up (he's like early to mid 20s), I explain what and why I did it. He said, "That's still no reason to go at least 98 mph, and that was the last thing I clocked you at". He gave me a speech about how if I had wrecked, he'd have to tell my parents that I didn't make it, and things like that. He asked for my license, I gave it to him, he noticed I had just turned 17 a few days ago, and he could tell I was obviously terrified. I was shaking. I knew that I would be in deep shit with my parents, cause that ticket would have been at least $600, not to mention insurance skyrocketing. Well, he asked if I had been pulled over before. I said no (I had been, but there isn't any proof of that since the first time neither my tag or license had been run), and he said, "Well, I'm gonna give you a mulligan. You know what that is? It's a do over, a second chance. State troopers don't normally give mulligans. I'm not going to write you a ticket, I'm not gonna write you a warning, just don't do that shit again. I don't want to be the one that has to tell your parents you were going 100+ on the interstate and flipped and didn't survive. I've had to do that too many times already. Understand?" and naturally I'm saying thank you so much and yes I understand and stuff like that. Then he let me go.

My adrenaline was still pumping 30 minutes later when I got home, and an hour after I got home I could still feel it some.

Don't speed. Definitely not in traffic. And definitely not with an undercover cop or state trooper around.

Seriously though, that scared the fuck out of me. That is why I need to stick to trucks and not cars, I don't act like an idiot as much in my F250.

And lastly, to that state trooper, thank you so much. I promise I won't be a dumbass like that again.

xXl0sth0peXx
June 26th, 2017, 02:54 PM
a lot of the stories in here really made me laugh. and cringe. and laugh.
i don't have any really exciting stories, and ive only ever been pulled over twice.

first was when i had my permit and i didn't understand the concept of me having a stop sign and traffic the other way not, and i didn't yield and it just happened to be an officer. he was nice about it, but yeah.
second was the day that i left my dorm to go on my internship.. car packed full ass to the brim, to the point where i had to buckle the seat belt next to me because the weight sensor thought i had a passenger.. right before i left, i gave everything one last push so i could attempt to see out the back. the road near school is a US highway, but it changes from a 45 to a 40 to a 30 randomly and the signage is awkward.. so i'm pushing 60, which isn't totally uncommon in the 45, but i didn't realize we had switched into the 40, and i got nabbed by a guy hiding in trees. gave me a warning though.

had so many close calls on the interstate driving home and back to school every weekend though. especially in some of the 55 speed limit areas.. fuck. there was one time though where literally a cop with lights pulled out behind me from a median as i was traveling in the left lane and i thought i was toast.. but as i merged over a lane, he just sped up and kept on going.

Amethyst Rose
June 26th, 2017, 03:00 PM
No, I've never been pulled over. :D

mrmee
July 11th, 2017, 01:07 AM
I always drive about double the speed limit around my home town, mainly because i know all the roads and i know there are no cops within 10 miles. Id never even been pulled over, although i did get a ticket for riding a dirtbike on the road but i was in a lifeline helicopter to the hospital before police got there so they just mailed it to me when i got back home a month later. It was a $20 fine.

Senior week 2017, i had a few run ins. It wasnt quite being pulled over, but a bike cop stopped me on the boardwalk for having an open beer and i got cuffed and thrown in jail until my mom drove a few states over to bail me out because im a minor. Then about an hour after getting out of jail, me and the crew i came down with were heading to go get food and someone slammed on their brakes in front of my friend, who i was following and i rear ended him. The police decided i was having too good of a day so i got a $280 fine for negligent driving. Then they called a tow truck that i told them not to call who lifted my truck and started driving away with me on the bed because it didnt need towed. They charged me $550 for the tow.

So now i do all i can to refrain from driving anywhere outside my county.