PDA

View Full Version : Feeling worthless and hated

Glis25
October 3rd, 2016, 09:15 PM
Hello again, I have not posted here in forever, I deleted my pasts posts. Recently I just dont really know how to describe it. I honestly just feel hated by everybody in my family and i have a sense of worthlessness lurking over me at all times. I am currently a senior in highschool and I also work a part time job 5 days a week. I used to feel depressed consistantly in 10th grade and then it went to only every so often last year, and ever since this year started its been coming back. my mom and dad have been on my back consistantly about collages, my activites, my health and everything. Basically I am a lazy 17 year old who its on my computer all day, is fat, never been in a relationship, introvert and so on. My mom always complains that ive never had an actual relationship with the family since i was 12 and that i go out of my way to avoid everybody, and then wehn i go to talk to anybody in my family after a few minutes it always ends with me getting yelled at and then i go back into my room. my parents have been on my back about college to, and saying that they arent paying for it because i dont spend 24/7 researching and taking notes on it, however they cant wait until im 18 so they can kick me out. Ive played hockey all my life until 9th grade when i tried out for my school team and didnt make it so i quit because im not good enough. this made me put on weight and im now above 250 as a 17 year old about 5'10. I havent cut in maybe a little over a year but its tempting. yesterday i didnt pay my mom for my car insurance so she took the keys this morning and i already missed the bus so i skipped school. i asked her to call in for me and she didnt, which means im gunna get a saturday detention and im sure that looks good on a resume. skipping school? thats an instant acceptance. my mom always compares me to some of my friends. She always talks about how one of my friends would like to become a dentist and she goes meanwhile i have a kid who cant even follow proper directions.. honestly i am just so done..i honestly feel like a waste of space. i am probably forgetting some things right but sorry. i just needed to rant. i honestly dont know what to do im so stressed :(

Amethyst Rose
October 3rd, 2016, 09:36 PM
It may be tempting but please don't start cutting again. :( It is incredibly unhealthy for you and will not accomplish anything good. Find things to distract yourself like talking to a friend, drawing, writing, anything that will take your mind off of it when you get urges like those. Being compared to other people is frustrating - instead of letting it discourage you and make you feel inadequate, use the people you're being compared to as an inspiration to make a greater effort. Do you know what you will go to college for yet?

I hope this helps and that your depression subsides soon.

jamie_n5
October 4th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Well I am sorry that you don't get along with your parents and that they treat you that way.
Next you need to get off your dead ass and out of your room and exercise and get a life. You need to get back in shape loose some weight now before it becomes a health problem. Please start looking for the good in the world and your life instead of feeling sorry and bummed out about yourself. Go enjoy doing things with your friends. Try being kinder to your family smile and try being a happier guy and maybe mom & dad will start treating you better and respect you more. What and who you are in life is up to you. I hope you can find happiness again and trim down and accomplish great things in your life. Good luck man.

Glis25
October 4th, 2016, 07:54 PM
It may be tempting but please don't start cutting again. :( It is incredibly unhealthy for you and will not accomplish anything good. Find things to distract yourself like talking to a friend, drawing, writing, anything that will take your mind off of it when you get urges like those. Being compared to other people is frustrating - instead of letting it discourage you and make you feel inadequate, use the people you're being compared to as an inspiration to make a greater effort. Do you know what you will go to college for yet?

I hope this helps and that your depression subsides soon.
I didnt cut. And i usually go and play video games but like i guess i have fun however it still lingers in the back of my mind and i feel as if im wasting my time when i can do something productive but i never do that. And and even myself i always feel atlot lesser than my friends.. im alot dumber and more irresponsible and smart. I want to go to study psychology so I can help other people with their issues, but i worry how can i do that for others when i cant even help myself...
Well I am sorry that you don't get along with your parents and that they treat you that way.
Next you need to get off your dead ass and out of your room and exercise and get a life. You need to get back in shape loose some weight now before it becomes a health problem. Please start looking for the good in the world and your life instead of feeling sorry and bummed out about yourself. Go enjoy doing things with your friends. Try being kinder to your family smile and try being a happier guy and maybe mom & dad will start treating you better and respect you more. What and who you are in life is up to you. I hope you can find happiness again and trim down and accomplish great things in your life. Good luck man.
thanks for the reply, ive tried to excercise more and i would stop for one day then never do it again. none of my friends ever want to do anything really. I try to be happier honestly but something usually ends up happening that puts me in a sad mood. i try to be nice to everybody but idk. i know it is my own fault but i just am not strong enough to do anything about it

jamie_n5
October 5th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Well I am glad you are trying and have a better attitude man.

Glis25
October 5th, 2016, 11:02 PM
Well I am glad you are trying and have a better attitude man.

Thank you