PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts...

Cayli
October 3rd, 2016, 07:20 PM
I'm very open about sex and masturbation with my family and friends. I was wondering if you had a daughter someday would you talk to her about masturbation? I have had sex toys since I was 13 year old. I think having an open line of communication with parents about sex and masturbation is a good thing. I know many of my friends masturbate and have sex and if they got caught there parents would freak out. I want to know your thought on if you would discuses with your daughter the subject of masturbation or sex and if they wanted a sex toy would you get them one?

Uniquemind
October 3rd, 2016, 09:44 PM
I would build up to that famous "talk" by spinning it off of "safety talk" that we all got when we were really little about "boogymen". I would basically explain what kidnapped children have to endure and make sense if it with what they might accidentally hear on the news.

That's what I'd do, don't outwardly push the story on them, but connect it to their already growing curious minds.

I learned the basics in kindergarten when I randomly asked where babies came from, and I got the lecture about the smallest living things are called cells, and two special types are egg cells for female and sperm cells for males, and it takes a man and woman to join them together to make a baby.

I didn't question further til I was 9, then the sex talk came.

ClaraWho
October 4th, 2016, 02:23 AM
Well sex toys simply teach to rely on devices rather than knowing how to use your hands, it may also deminish sexual pleasure and desensitise to stimulation. Therefore no, I wouldn't encourage them or give them toys.

There's also a big difference between a willingness to clinically discuss sex and an unhealthy level of detail into your offsprings sex life. Further, there's a big difference between openness to talk and not parenting by stopping your children having sex before they are mentally mature enough to do so, or protected by law.

~ Clara

LITTLEANGEL16
October 4th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Hiya, Clara makes some very good points, as for sex toys I don't use them myself but a few years ago I experimented with some stuff like a sharpie and hairbrush handle but I soon discovered my hands/fingers were the best for me and would recommend that method to anyone. When a lot older I may get a vibe but if I find the right girlfriend I may have no need for one.
Since I got caught masturbatin mum told not to worry it's just a natural part of growing up and life, and being naturists I was taught not to be ashamed of my body but also to stay safe. Being nude in the locker room and showers at school and the pool does not bother me like it does to others.
If ever had kids girls or boys I would bring them up as I was to respect their body and not to be ashamed of it and also masturbation is quite natural I would answer anything that might arise truthfully but I would not lecture them, I would also tell them to respect themselves and others and most of all stay safe.
X

MaeFae
October 4th, 2016, 07:28 PM
I've always been very open with my friends, not so much with my family. When I do decide to have kids, I hope they can be very open with me, as I w ill be with them. I don't like the thought of us all being so embarrassed :c

Katie96xox
October 6th, 2016, 11:27 AM
I'm very open about sex with my mother. I tell her stuff about my sex life just like me and my friends share stuff with each other about our sex lives. I think being open is the healthiest way of dealing with this topic. My mum has walked in on me masturbating and having sex before and we didn't make a big deal out of it. She has also bought me sex toys when I ask her. If I have kids I will be very open with them about sex, masturbation, etc. and treat it as something completely normal, rather than a taboo.

BlackParadePixie
October 6th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Well sex toys simply teach to rely on devices rather than knowing how to use your hands, it may also deminish sexual pleasure and desensitise to stimulation. Therefore no, I wouldn't encourage them or give them toys.

There's also a big difference between a willingness to clinically discuss sex and an unhealthy level of detail into your offsprings sex life. Further, there's a big difference between openness to talk and not parenting by stopping your children having sex before they are mentally mature enough to do so, or protected by law.

~ Clara
totally agree. My mother explained things to me in a very clinical way when I was younger...and then left it to me to come to her if I ever had any questions. She never painted sex or sexual feelings in a bad light, never tried to shame me for anything I was feeling, but just said that's how my body is going to react as I get older.

SkyClad33605
October 15th, 2016, 05:33 PM
My mother was very open with me and I intend to be open with my kid regardless of gender.

august1999fLower
October 19th, 2016, 07:21 AM
Why wouldn't I be open?

SeeEmilyPlay
October 21st, 2016, 12:30 AM
My mother isn't very open with me, I've learned much more from my sister, to be honest. If I ever have a daughter I want to be open with her and deserve her trust.

LanaPole
October 21st, 2016, 06:22 PM
im also very open with family and friends, and i think i'll stay the same in the future

liz2003
October 27th, 2016, 07:59 AM
well its always better coming from u than someone else who may be wrong

playfull-qt
October 28th, 2016, 10:50 AM
I'd like to think my children and I will be open and honest with each other.

LITTLEANGEL16
October 28th, 2016, 11:36 AM
I'd like to think my children and I will be open and honest with each other.

Good for you Amanda it would be great if everyone had the same attitude, I hope it works out well for you. :yes:
Take Care
XX

shamrockgirl02
November 2nd, 2016, 07:59 AM
I would definitely discuss masturbation with my future daughter(s) from a very early age. I think that girls especially, since most of our hardware is internal, need to know that it's okay to play with yourself and it feels amazing. I mean I'm not gonna be telling a toddler about her clitoris, but studies show that a large number of people start rubbing their genitals for pleasure at an early age, and some might not realize it. I'm saying that I won't be one of those parents who freaks out when they see it. Plus my mom wasn't around by the time I started noticing touching down there felt good. I had to go to my sister for questions , and at first I was very nervous about doing it. When I have kids I want to make sure they know about their bodies and that there's no part of the human body that is bad or shameful.

As for the sex toys, I'm about 95% certain I would buy my child a sex toy when they reached the right age, son or daughter (although admittedly it seems that male sex toys seem better suited to older guys). As a 14-year-old, I would be over the moon if my step mom had bought me a sex toy when I was entering puberty not that long ago and I'm very glad I found the right cousin who would supply me. For my own daughter, I will probably buy a small vibrator or dildo around age 12 and save it for the right moment or just surprise her with it. She would never hafve to ask mey, I would already be prepared. My cousin did me a big favor when she bought me my first toy and i will probably do the same for a younger cousin down the line.
The only point of contention I have is that some toys may be too much too soon for certain ages.
Do you mind if I ask what it was your mom first bought you, and if she only did so after you asked her to?

angelina
November 3rd, 2016, 09:40 PM
im also very open with family and friends, and i think i'll stay the same in the future

Lana is right...me too like this in this regard. First realise that sEx is nothing but body's natural urge and instinct.Parents should teach the right one.No reason why they all hide this.

Elena_
November 5th, 2016, 08:00 AM
I'm very open about sex and masturbation with my family and friends. I was wondering if you had a daughter someday would you talk to her about masturbation? I have had sex toys since I was 13 year old. I think having an open line of communication with parents about sex and masturbation is a good thing. I know many of my friends masturbate and have sex and if they got caught there parents would freak out. I want to know your thought on if you would discuses with your daughter the subject of masturbation or sex and if they wanted a sex toy would you get them one?

My family is kinda conservative ... And my mom told me that i had to have sex with the person whom I'd marry... So, yeah I cant talk about that stuff with her. And if she found out im not virgin anymore she'd kill me lol

Im not planning to have any children, so I cant answer that xD

nicole97
November 6th, 2016, 01:30 PM
I would emphasize openness as well, that doesn't necessarily mean going out of my way to encourage any future daughter/son that I might have to masturbate or have sex (it's their own decision), but I would never shame them for it. I'd emphasize that I'm open and would be willing to provide them with anything or any advice they wanted to be safe or just enjoy the experience more including condoms, birth control, and toys. My own mother, while not someone I would ever ask to buy me a toy, has thankfully provided me with birth control and never attempted to lecture me or discourage my sexuality despite knowing that I began having sex at an early age (13) and having accidentally walked in on me masturbating even before that.

truelana
November 16th, 2016, 01:58 AM

I can't talk to my family about these things but I think thats something I want to change when I have kids. Did your parents buy your your sex toys? that would never work for me lol I got mine from an ex

Svetlana2000
December 1st, 2016, 09:47 AM
i know both styles of parenting, the prude and the rather open. my mom used to be quite prude, e.g. i cant remember that i have ever seen her nude. but she left when i was like 10 and dads girlfriend who moved in a couple of months later is just the opposite. shes like a best friend to me and she knows (nearly) everything about me. sex, masturbation, boys, girls... and she also bought me some toys. got a nice collection in the meanwhile although nothing does better than my magical fingers!