PDA

View Full Version : help me deal with familial abuse?

cherryblood
October 3rd, 2016, 04:44 AM
Hey, my brother has emotionally, mentally, and even physically abused me a bit. I've developed PTSD because of this. I still live with him, his rooms right next to mine. I have regular panic attacks and breakdowns because of this. My parents are unable to help me, and most of my support is from my online friends.

Is there any advice I could get to cope with living with my abuser, and stay safe day to day?[/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

:cry:

ClaraWho
October 3rd, 2016, 07:44 AM
The most important step to take is to report abuse. Stop it happening, not just for you, but to stop it happening to other people. This solves all your immediate problems involved in this question.

As for any psychological trauma, that is something you should talk to a counsellor about. The forum on mental health/abuse might be a helpful support group, but be aware some people lie on here.

In essence what I am saying is seek help. You deserve better and there are people out there who, with your motivated commitment to change for the good, can help you recover.

Good Luck,

~ Clara

Zachary G
October 3rd, 2016, 08:00 AM
The most important step to take is to report abuse. Stop it happening, not just for you, but to stop it happening to other people. This solves all your immediate problems involved in this question.

As for any psychological trauma, that is something you should talk to a counsellor about. The forum on mental health/abuse might be a helpful support group, but be aware some people lie on here.

In essence what I am saying is seek help. You deserve better and there are people out there who, with your motivated commitment to change for the good, can help you recover.

Good Luck,

~ Clara

ClaraWho has made some very good points, the main one being to seek out help by reporting the abuse to someone. If your parents cant/wont help you, then you need to seek assistance outside of the home to get some kind of intervention going on your behalf. Your safety comes before anything else.

Carcel
October 4th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Yeah, you need to report the abuse. Once, you have reported, I'm sure things will change. How old are you? If you are old enough and you find your parents not supporting you, you can always move out. If you are not finding ways to get out of the shock and depression then I think you should consult a psychiatrist. It may help you.

jamie_n5
October 5th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Well I am sorry you aren't getting along well. You are right most sibling fight and squabble a bit. I feel for your frustration and emotional state. Maybe it's time to see a counselor or a doctor for help.

Flapjack
October 5th, 2016, 12:23 PM
I agree with what has been said by ClaraWho you need to report it buddy!! If not to your parents then to the school :) Wish you luck in the future and we're always here for you if you need us!!

SeansLittleBro
October 12th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Report it for sure if it is threatening your physically that is important to do now A counscellor would be a great idea too I agree with that Someone to talk to because of emotional problems is very important