PDA

View Full Version : How much should i be spending?

Rydar8
October 2nd, 2016, 03:48 PM
I have always need to redo my style, i'm almost 18 and i still dress sightly childish, (Sketchers shoes and everything) I've never really cared because i knew i would just grow out of everything within a few months. (And i still may grow too)

Anyway, i'm online shopping at places like American Eagle, how much should I be spending? What do you guys normally buy and how much does it normally cost? I have to pay for all my clothing myself, so i'm super hesitant on what to buy.

ImCoolBeans
October 2nd, 2016, 04:11 PM
It's hard to say because some brands are more expensive than others and people have different tastes/care about fashion more than others. I probably spend too much money on clothes. I don't buy a lot at one time but I'll usually buy one or two nice pieces of clothing at a time and then get another one or two the next time I go. I really have no problem spending $25 or $30 on a nice t shirt that I really like, or over $100 on a nice jacket. Don't feel like you need to spend a lot of money to dress "nicely" though. I shop at stores like Tj Maxx and Marshalls all of the time and save a lot of money, and still get really nice clothes there.

Amethyst Rose
October 2nd, 2016, 04:13 PM
Here you should use your own judgment on what to purchase/not purchase if you're unsure of how much to spend. Just stay within your budget and you should be fine :)

SethfromMI
October 2nd, 2016, 05:27 PM
It's hard to say because some brands are more expensive than others and people have different tastes/care about fashion more than others. I probably spend too much money on clothes. I don't buy a lot at one time but I'll usually buy one or two nice pieces of clothing at a time and then get another one or two the next time I go. I really have no problem spending $25 or $30 on a nice t shirt that I really like, or over $100 on a nice jacket. Don't feel like you need to spend a lot of money to dress "nicely" though. I shop at stores like Tj Maxx and Marshalls all of the time and save a lot of money, and still get really nice clothes there.

TJ Maxx is amazing!

anyways OP it depends how much money you have to spend. there is not necessarily a specific amount which is too much. look at different stores/online, try to shop when they have sales going on if possible. if you think you are still growing, buy a little here and there.

at the end of the day though, get what you want to wear and find comfortable, not what other people think you should wear

The Byrd
October 3rd, 2016, 11:39 AM
Yo, you're from the States so I couldn't really tell you what a good price would be for anything but I have t shirts in my wardrobe ranging from 2 to 22. There are a few cheaper ones that I like more than the expensive ones too. Of course stay within your budget but don't always feel the need to splash out just to buy nice clothes. Cheap ones can be equally as nice.

Uranus
October 3rd, 2016, 01:47 PM
I see no reason in buying clothes that are more costly. They're not just clothes. They're an expression of who you are. There's really nothing wrong to wear and nothing too expensive to buy. If you wanna buy a $15 T-shirt.go ahead. If you're like me and like buying $100+ on some Jordan's, then buy them.

BlackParadePixie
October 8th, 2016, 06:32 PM
If you're worried about money and getting more for your dollar value...I would shop at places like Target or KOHL's. They have nice clothes much less expensive than AE or Abercrombie...places like that. But even more expensive places like GAP or Old Navy have great clearance aisles...I'd go into the store and look through that stuff, see what you can find.

Just JT
October 8th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Yeah, shop around at stores mentioned here. Don't underestimate Walmart to for some stuff. No shame in saving if you can. But most important, get what you like and are comfortable in. Nothing worse than buying something and never wearing it for what ever reason