PDA

View Full Version : Grey hair...

Rhys2001
October 2nd, 2016, 12:28 PM
So I'm 15 and have noticed that I already have a few grey hairs... Strange right? I don't heavily drink - only occasional wine whilst eating, I don't smoke and have never done any kind of drug... Does anybody have any clue as to why I already have grey hairs??
Thanks

Phosphene
October 2nd, 2016, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure as to why you have them, if it's any consolation I have a friend with red hair and he has some so it's not just you :)

Jinglebottom
October 2nd, 2016, 01:08 PM
I have a few gray hairs as well. I mean, I can't see them (obviously) but everyone points it out.

Skylark
October 2nd, 2016, 02:35 PM
I've got them too. Don't know why, I've only ever drank like twice before. Really noticeable when I style it, it's at the roots.

lliam
October 2nd, 2016, 03:24 PM
Ever considered asking a doctor about it?

My 4-year-old son has had scattered gray hairs for about two years. Does he have a vitamin deficiency? Does this mean he will be prematurely gray?
Debbie O’Leary – Indiana University – Bloomington, Indiana

http://www.drgreene.com/qa-articles/children-gray-hair/

15 Causes Of Grey Hair At Young Age

http://www.boldsky.com/health/disorders-cure/2015/fifteen-causes-of-grey-hair-at-young-age-060147.html

Rhys2001
October 2nd, 2016, 03:45 PM
Ever considered asking a doctor about it?

I've never considered it a sign of illness, so no. Do you think it'd be good to see a doctor about it?

Babs
October 2nd, 2016, 10:30 PM
It's just a couple gray hairs. Never heard of that being indicative of sickness or anything. Maybe genetics? Gray hair runs in my family and I've had gray hair since I was like 12. Like, a lot of it. I dye my hair but last time I had my natural hair color (years ago) I had a huge streak of gray hair. It's no big deal, don't worry about it.

BlackParadePixie
October 3rd, 2016, 05:06 PM
It could just be completely genetic and out of your control...unless you decide to color your hair.

kissban
October 4th, 2016, 05:00 PM
your hard life... :)

kev99
October 5th, 2016, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I also have a couple. In most cases, there's nothing wrong about it. I'd worry if you had tons that turned grey, but if that's only one here and there, it sounds normal. You should ask your parents if they experienced that as well, as often it has genetic origins.

Sailor Mars
October 5th, 2016, 08:13 AM
It could be stress or it could be genetic. Are you not getting enough sleep or are anxious/stressed about something in school or work?

jamie_n5
October 7th, 2016, 12:36 PM
I don't think it's anything to worry about. Doubt that you will go prematurely gray at 15. I guess anything is possible though. I myself have juvenile onset of rheumatoid arthritis.

zzzzzzzzzz
October 7th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Does your dad have grey hair? Did he go grey early. I knew someone that went bald as a plucked chicken at 20, but that ran in his family

Tyson S
October 9th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Grey hair is nothing to be worried about, it can happen if its a family gene or you could just be special :)

Grey hair can also appear if you have had high level of stress.

Msg me if you need help with anything else :)