PDA

View Full Version : New Green Day album to be released October 7th

Amethyst Rose
September 30th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Anyone excited for it? I'm not a big fan but I like some of their music, so I'll still listen to it. I'm more excited for the new albums by One Republic and Norah Jones set to be released the same day tbh.

City Kid
October 1st, 2016, 12:51 PM
I seriously didn't know that until just now. :D That would explain why they're suddenly touring again. I've been thinking about going to their concert in my city in January.

Mars
October 1st, 2016, 02:26 PM
Aren't these guys like hella old now?

Tbh I only liked their first album

The Byrd
October 1st, 2016, 03:02 PM
Did someone wake them up yet? September just ended.

Wait, is that even them?

Melodic
October 1st, 2016, 03:59 PM
To be honest, I prefer their material from the early 2000's. I haven't really gotten into their last few albums. I'll definitely listen to the new one!

ImCoolBeans
October 1st, 2016, 04:14 PM
Eh, I like their really old stuff from the 90's but their new stuff isn't really my thing. I'll give it a listen though.

everlong
October 1st, 2016, 04:55 PM
Currently working on listening to all their albums. Once that's done, I'll listen to the new one. I dig em.

Amethyst Rose
October 1st, 2016, 05:42 PM
Did someone wake them up yet? September just ended.

Wait, is that even them?

Yeah lol that's them, opportune timing if I ever saw it :D

Valentine_
October 2nd, 2016, 10:36 AM
I'm a big fan and very excited for the new album. Really like few songs that have been out from that album.

BlackParadePixie
October 3rd, 2016, 05:11 PM
Tbh I only liked their first album
which one?

Mars
October 3rd, 2016, 08:17 PM
which one?

The one that Basket Case was on. Can't remember the name

Amethyst Rose
October 3rd, 2016, 08:25 PM

That was Dookie. I like that album and American Idiot.

BlackParadePixie
October 3rd, 2016, 08:45 PM
Dookie. That was their 3rd album...just sayin :P

NoahNoah
October 3rd, 2016, 11:42 PM
American Idiot is probably in my top 5 albums of all time, Dookie and Warning are certainly among my favourite as well. But the singles that they've released so far are, if i'm being totally honest here, trash. They just don't sound like Green Day. The vocals are over-produced to oblivion, the guitars are too clean, the drums are shit. i like literally nothing about them.

However, that being said, I'll go in as open as I can, and who knows, I might end up liking it

Amethyst Rose
October 8th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Well, it's been released.

And I don't like it.

The first song and the last song are all right, but other than that I was not impressed. Revolution Failure.

rioo
October 8th, 2016, 12:03 PM
I also wanna hear their new album, hope its great.
I like their guitar crunch sound in their last album un dos tre, it's more clear than american idiot era which more modern rock. Now its time for punk!

Hudor
October 8th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I heard their new single. It was nice. Hopefully others from the album would be nice too. I'll give the album a listen as soon as I get time.

Lost in the Echo
October 8th, 2016, 12:17 PM
The new green day sucks, just my opinion. I didn't care for their uno, dos, tre bullshit albums and I'm not too fond of the "bang bang" single. I will say it has grown on me a little bit, but old school green day was fucking awesome.

Human
October 12th, 2016, 08:07 PM
I don't really like the new album, and I haven't since dookie tbf

Sonicomsk
October 14th, 2016, 07:05 AM
American Idiot is my favourite(and the only I have on CD, though I've recently ordered 21st Century Breakdown)

Cjmccjface
November 21st, 2016, 02:43 AM
90's Green Day was the best Green Day. Kerplunk, and Dookie the top contenders for the 90's. The song "Somewhere Now " i really like that song off there new album.