PDA

View Full Version : Singing classes

BrokenWingedPegasus
September 30th, 2016, 09:40 AM
I'm considering taking a few. I love music a lot and I like to sing, and I find my voice a bit interesting. So I was wondering if I should take singing classes. Does anyone know what they are like? I'm mostly a fan of rock and alternative metal. Do the classes work for any genre, are there specific singing classes for the genres, how long do they take to make effect? ...I have many questions about them. If anyone with either experience or if you know someone that took singing classes, tell me what you think of them?

Amethyst Rose
September 30th, 2016, 09:49 AM
I haven't taken singing classes (although I would benefit from them :P), however my sister did in the past. She didn't stick with it for long, but I took note that some important things they worked on were projecting your voice and voice control. Regarding how long the classes would take to be effective, that will vary from person to person; singing comes more naturally to some. Another thing to keep in mind is all teachers have different methods of teaching, so if you don't mesh with the first teacher you have there are plenty more out there. If it is something you're interested in go for it! :)

BrokenWingedPegasus
September 30th, 2016, 10:01 AM
I haven't taken singing classes (although I would benefit from them :P), however my sister did in the past. She didn't stick with it for long, but I took note that some important things they worked on were projecting your voice and voice control. Regarding how long the classes would take to be effective, that will vary from person to person; singing comes more naturally to some. Another thing to keep in mind is all teachers have different methods of teaching, so if you don't mesh with the first teacher you have there are plenty more out there. If it is something you're interested in go for it! :)
Thanks. I'm going to think more about it and discuss it with my mom to see if I can take a few. I don't want to become a music star, but I just want to sing like a pro at home and with my friends :P

Melodic
October 1st, 2016, 11:14 PM
I currently take voice lessons. I've learned several vocal techniques from control and breathing. You'll be shocked on how quickly you start to improve. You will have opportunities to perform at student recitals if you need some performance experience. You will also work on new material if you ever decide to audition for something.

Every voice instructor is different as far as learning style and what genres they are able to teach. Most instructors are pretty flexible and will be able to train you in rock/alternative.