PDA

View Full Version : Is he gay?

Alac16
September 29th, 2016, 06:03 PM
There is this kid that sat next to me at lunch on my first day of school. We've been sitting together almost every day since. I haven't really made any other "friends" yet. He is masculine and quite handsome, so I would've never guessed he was gay but...

Earlier on we were having a conversation about Japanese people. He mentioned that Japanese guys look really good. I didn't really think much of him saying that but... we were talking about this kid, and he started talking about how nice his hair is. He doesn't seem very interested in girls. Whenever a girl walks by with really short skirts on or something, he comments to me how provocative girls dress these days. I was curious, so the other day I asked him "so, has anyone caught your eye yet?"

He told me that he knew this girl that he heard wanted to go to homecoming with him. He then said: "I'm not really interested in girls though". I looked at him surprised, and then he went on to saying "not like gay... I just prefer the company of guys"

Well I'm not interested in girls either, but I've never told anyone. I haven't seen him at lunch the past two days. Our only form of contact in the past two days was a couple of high fives. I really like him. Whenever we're sitting together and he turns towards me when talking and his knee is touching mine I just get butterflies every time. I don't want to lose contact with him, but I'm afraid he might think I'm not interested in being his friend or something. What should I do? Is he gay?

Amethyst Rose
September 29th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Everyone has their own definition of what is attractive, for both sexes. Just because he made the comment about girls dressing so provocative doesn't really mean anything - he might just find girls who dress conservatively more attractive whether he is drawn to them sexually or not. And talking about the Japanese guy and the hair, it's hard to tell that way either; he could have found it attractive, but on the other hand I know plenty of people who make comments like that about people of the same gender and aren't gay, they are just meant as compliments. I say become friends with him and get to know him better before you make any assumptions.

ska8er
September 30th, 2016, 05:44 AM
He may be gay but u just don't go straight out
and ask. Just being his friend and the two of u
knowing each other-in time u may get more
answers to what he likes but for now just play
it cool and enjoy each others company. He may
b shy around girls that is y he does not mingle
with them-I think a gay boy usually has more
girls he hangs with than guys.

The Byrd
September 30th, 2016, 02:08 PM
All you can have is his word and if he's said that he isn't gay, you'll have to trust that that is the case. Of course there is the possibility that he is just nervous about coming out or whatever but if he is, you shouldn't force it out of him. If he's said that, he either isn't gay, or isn't ready to come out. Just lay off the topic for now so you don't seem so confrontational (for lack of a better word.)

camo115
September 30th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Dayumm son hes dropping massive hints, hes totally into you.

SeansLittleBro
October 2nd, 2016, 12:12 PM
I agree with Sk8er, just become friends and youll get to know him better. I am not sure of my own sexuality, but I too prefer the company of guys rather than girls.

damon_fl
October 14th, 2016, 01:51 PM
like sk8er n SeansLittleBro said, just keep getting to know him.

if he makes u happy, n u have good times, n he can make u see starts inside ur eyelids with just his finger (if u want that) thn will it rlly matter if he says hes gay?

also, japanese guys have good hair. thats just a fact. ;)

pconnor2001
October 14th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Get to know him better dude!

zack.zack
October 15th, 2016, 09:09 AM

I think ska8er has a good point here. I agree.

Just JT
October 22nd, 2016, 08:08 PM
You might be reading into it to much, maybe not. It's hard enough figuring out your own sexuality let alone verbalise it with an almost total stranger. It might just take time is all. In the mean time just be you let him be him and see where the friendship goes. And follow you gut instincts

Never_Give_Up
October 23rd, 2016, 06:17 PM
JUST DO IT!!! *it sounds like a good fanfic idea*

loki2000
November 5th, 2016, 09:08 AM
It sounds like you two are becoming good friends... Just keep being your self and hang out and be friends with him...Don`t ask any more if he is gay .. If he is high 5n you in the halls he def still likes you.... you will get tighter as friends and take things slow... Your friendship may get interesting in time !

Curious_Guy
November 11th, 2016, 06:53 AM

Totally agree and well said Sk8er

dude_g