PDA

View Full Version : Heartburn

jamie_n5
September 27th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone. For the past few days I have had the most miserable and painful heartburn. I am already on medicine that is supposed to help with acid reflux. I have been taking antacids like crazy and it only slightly eases the pain. Does anyone have any suggestions or some other thing to take or use to try get rid of all of this. Thanks

Endeavour
September 28th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Hi Jamie,

Is the food you are eating particularly spicy/hot or high in acid? If so try to cut that out. And when you do do eat, try to eat and drink quite slowly as that should stop your heartburn getting any worse. When you go to bed, make sure your head is slightly elevated compared to the rest of your body with an extra pillow for example which should aid digestion.

Hope you get better soon!

jamie_n5
September 28th, 2016, 12:30 PM
:)Thanks Lost Horizan!

camo115
September 30th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Spicy food, coffee, alcohol, antibiotics, dairy, fatty foods and most acidic foods cause it. I get refulx quite abit. Does the pain from the reflux ever go up your neck into your jaw or down your left arm by any chance?

jamie_n5
October 13th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the advise both of you. I have been feeling fine now for
the past couple of weeks. Thank goodness for that. I thought I might
be getting an ulcer or something.

Dames
November 23rd, 2016, 12:39 PM
avoid spicy food and soda, and eat basic fruits

Cognizant
November 26th, 2016, 04:52 AM
What medicine do you regularly take? I take 40 mg of omeprazole which requires a prescription, but you can get 20mg at Walgreens or any other pharmacy.

jamie_n5
January 13th, 2017, 03:55 PM
I bought over the counter Zantac (Generic) and it worked great.

jimsterr
January 18th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I bought over the counter Zantac (Generic) and it worked great.

Hey Jamie. I have the same problem.

Also try Gaviscon. (It's a liquid). I find that it works within seconds and I can actually feel it coating my stomach. It comes in a few different flavours but it still does taste really medicine-y. Another thing I do is try not to eat at least 2 hours before bed.

Hope this helps. Good luck :)