PDA

View Full Version : How do I get more muscle?

Eli.
September 26th, 2016, 02:48 AM
Does anybody know any tips and suggestions on ggettin more muscle? I have tried a few things but they didn't show much improvement. Tips would be greatly appreciated!!

P.S : I have a gym membership so I can use equipment there, just which ones should I use and for how long

camo115
September 26th, 2016, 03:16 AM
Get a personal trainer session at the gym, otherwise muscle often comes naturally with puberty but otherwise weight training. Im not sure about specific exercises.

ska8er
September 26th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Eat a lot of chicken-fish-cereals and
dairy products and exercise.

benbeny
September 26th, 2016, 07:46 AM
high protein diet, exercise... gym, swimming, aerobic, cycling, basketball...
really, but...
NEVER TRY STEROID!

Flapjack
September 26th, 2016, 01:45 PM
P.S : I have a gym membership so I can use equipment there, just which ones should I use and for how long
Why do you want to gain muscle? For a sport? For looks? I can recommend a few YouTube videos for the later but don't know much about sports :)

Living For Love
September 26th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Puberty For Boys :arrow2: Sports and Fitness

Eli.
September 26th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Why do you want to gain muscle? For a sport? For looks? I can recommend a few YouTube videos for the later but don't know much about sports :)

Not for sports, just for looks.

dbfordateam
September 27th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Eat and lift heavy

jhongood20
October 20th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Does anybody know any tips and suggestions on ggettin more muscle? I have tried a few things but they didn't show much improvement. Tips would be greatly appreciated!!

In order to produce muscle growth, you have to apply a load of stress greater than what your muscles or body had previously adapted too. :yummy: You lift progressively heavier weights? :yeah: Using Home Gym Equipment look here
jonsguide (http://jonsguide.org/best-top-home-gym-equipment-reviews/). :confused:

Uranus
October 20th, 2016, 03:43 PM
You should try high protein diet. Also you should consume a fair amount of dairy as well. Those are probably the two most important parts of your diet. The best types of equipment to use are abdominal machines. I prefer the ones where you can really feel it every rep. Also try for chest, biceps and shoulder workouts and machines. Go for 3-5 sets, 20-25 reps each. Swimming is also very effective. If you can, work out daily (at least 45-60 minutes a day) and swim (doesn't even have to be exercising but keep moving) daily as well, and I you will probably see improvement within a month. Leg workouts are also very good to do.

Eli.
October 30th, 2016, 09:57 PM
In order to produce muscle growth, you have to apply a load of stress greater than what your muscles or body had previously adapted too. :yummy: You lift progressively heavier weights? :yeah: Using Home Gym Equipment look here
jonsguide (http://jonsguide.org/best-top-home-gym-equipment-reviews/). :confused:
Oh my gosh that was so helpful THANKS

thermid
November 18th, 2016, 02:55 AM
Google "starting strength" it's a weightlifting program for beginners...totally easy to follow and its all laid out for you. you can buy books about it but a lot of the information is available online for free now

ethan-s
November 18th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Take a walk down to your local farmers house and ask if the farmer will hire you for free. If anything will make you stronger, tossing bales and feed bags will.

KimuraWannabe116
November 18th, 2016, 06:10 PM
If you really want to gain muscle, the best thing you can do workout wise is to do a mixture of both heavy weight for low reps, and lighter weight for high reps. Since you're a beginner, I would recommend going on a 5x5 compound program, its a well-known program and its advisable you do all the compound movements the way its directed. The lifts include Bench, Squat, Overheads, Deadlifts, and Barbell rows. I'd also recommend doing accessory work as well.

Remember that form is everything, and if something hurts, don't go and work it out -been there, done that, paid my dues with a herniated disc, nerve damage in hands, pec strains etc.

Also diet and sleep is the other half that most people tend to forget when it comes to training. You're not going to have you're dream body is a week, or even in a couple months, it takes a while. You learn more as you go on, you learn what works best for you, and what doesn't.

Good luck man

NzForever
November 18th, 2016, 07:12 PM

Get a personal trainer session at the gym, otherwise muscle often comes naturally with puberty but otherwise weight training. Im not sure about specific exercises.

Don't listen to what most people are saying here. No need for a personal trainer, waste of cash. You really do need to do your own research of various different sources.

For myself, I had about 30% body fat, I started working out 8 months ago and have gotten rid of all that fat and made more progress to my muscles then any one in my gym has. I research a lot though and look at a huge range of different sources and compare them and find out whats best. Because when researching, you'll find a lot of bullshit.

To build muscle fastest the two most important things is "intensity" and "diet"

To build muscle the intensity needs to be high (not as in like stronger weights, I mean faster). You need to be doing workouts that take less then half an hour, but will have you completed destroyed lying on the ground. You'll often see people spend an hour in the gym doing bicep curls and never making progress. Thats because the intensity isn't there.

Also you should focus on different exercises that target more then one muscle group (e.g. whole upper body exercise).
Intensity is the best for burning muscle though as it puts heaps of stress on them, most peoples muscles don't build cause they doing it really slow. Its about busting out the workouts. You're better doing 10 benchpresses in 20 seconds, then you are doing 100 in 45 minutes.

Also diet, you should be eating well throughout the day and you should be getting protein in liquid form within 10 minutes of your workout to get protein synthesis started.

camo115
November 18th, 2016, 11:20 PM
NzForever i really think a PT is the best way to get motivated which is often a bigger problem than not knowing the exercises.

NzForever
November 19th, 2016, 12:33 AM
NzForever i really think a PT is the best way to get motivated which is often a bigger problem than not knowing the exercises.

Watch https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24 Athlean-X. He will tell you more then any personal trainer would and he has some great exercises, just look at these holy jesus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcM7w4AOcxo&list=PLfOSbgDjxWGSwwyfEG6FQUbWQwjYLrYAg&index=23

Kyleroe
December 19th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Hi there, guys! All your tips and advice in this thread will be very helpful for me as well, as I am working on it too. Which supplements do you usually take? I want to try out some PA(7) from https://hpnsupplements.com/product/pa7-mtor-elevation as it helps build muscle and gain strength. Have you ever tried it? I would appreciate your reference

Fleek
December 20th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Getting too much muscle during puberty can stunt growth

Trevor.
December 28th, 2016, 04:30 AM

You should start eating more and keep on lifting... Adapt to greater weight as time passes. Don't expect it to happen in all in a day. Keep repeating the process of eating and working out and you will do great :) oh and don't forget your AWESOME JUST THE WAY YOU ARE :)