PDA

View Full Version : My friends never really invite me anywhere?

kanye
September 24th, 2016, 10:55 AM
I never understand why my friends never invite me anywhere. One example is one day after school two weeks ago they went in a group to the pizza place. Of course I wasn't even invited . It's not like I was busy. These friends are not the only friends I had that would ever ever invite me anywhere. This has been a reoccurring problem with every single friend that I've had in life so far. I just want to figure out why I never get invited anywhere because it's starting to bother me.

Amethyst Rose
September 24th, 2016, 11:53 AM
I know not getting invited to things can make you feel left out but you also have to do your part. For example, you could ask if they have any plans for the weekend. Or you could invite them to go places as well.

Endeavour
September 24th, 2016, 12:44 PM
I don't actually have anything else to add to what has already been said. Yes it can make you feel left out, I know how you feel. But you should start asking people, or bring up whether you can go/what you're doing on the weekend etc.

kanye
September 24th, 2016, 12:57 PM
I know not getting invited to things can make you feel left out but you also have to do your part. For example, you could ask if they have any plans for the weekend. Or you could invite them to go places as well.

I want to ask them but I get worried about them saying no. In the past I had people say no when I wanted to hang out with people.

Amethyst Rose
September 24th, 2016, 01:17 PM
I want to ask them but I get worried about them saying no. In the past I had people say no when I wanted to hang out with people.

Don't let your experiences with asking people in the past keep you from asking now. And it's not the end of the world if they say no this time, you'll have plenty of other opportunities to do things with them and other people :)

everlong
September 24th, 2016, 01:36 PM
I'm going to side with wholelottalove. Also, if they say no, and you feel like they don't want you around, it might be time for some new friends.

jamie_n5
September 24th, 2016, 07:37 PM

I think this is a good approach. You need to get more involved with your friends and groups. Make sure to get into conversations or suggest activities that you all could do together. Just try to fit in more.

Darkbisco
September 30th, 2016, 01:15 PM
I had the same problem last year. I resolved it beginning more confident, it was so hard, but now I've no more problem of that type

Drewboyy
September 30th, 2016, 04:36 PM
For me there's never an invite to anything. Party? Movies? Pizzeria? My friends and I just go, nothing formal about it.

You sure you're not just missing your chance?