PDA

View Full Version : Favorite mean of transportation

Pilyk
September 24th, 2016, 06:10 AM
Planes, trains, automobiles, tramways, bikes, metros, buses... Flying saucer?
What mean of transportation do you prefer?
Which ones do you use the most?
Any inconveniences that make you despise one of them?

I mostly use the train between cities and the tramways/metros in cities.
I use my feets the rest of the time, sometimes I drive when there is no more simple alternative.

I truly like walking if I have the time, because you can have a look to the world around you, otherwise train. Especially if they're on time :D. The main problem with trains is the cost, it's often cheaper to take the plane :what:. I personaly use planes to go to very distant places, for the reason you have to wait one hour to enter an airport, and another to get out of it.

devotionnel
September 24th, 2016, 10:51 AM
What mean of transportation do you prefer? I like taking the train to places. I also like being driven in cars, but my parents don't/rarely drive so it's not very often for me.

Which ones do you use the most? I use the bus 10 times a week so that is definitely the most frequent.

Any inconveniences that make you despise one of them? I've always been scared of flying, I don't really know where it stemmed from but just the thought makes me shiver. On an unrelated note, last year at the airport we were delayed 8 hrs and it was a massive inconvenience for me. I always now avoid using that airline where possible.

Amethyst Rose
September 24th, 2016, 11:46 AM
What mean of transportation do you prefer? I like being driven in cars and walking. I love the water so I would probably enjoy boat too, although I've never been on one.

Which ones do you use the most? I'm driven by others more than anything.

Any inconveniences that make you despise one of them? Our local buses are very rickety so I'd rather have someone drive me when I go somewhere. Much more comfortable.

everlong
September 24th, 2016, 01:46 PM
I usually get driven by car, walk, or bike. I don't bike as often because I don't like having to carry it with me everywhere I go, but it's not enough of an inconvenience to stop me from riding it. Car will probably be my favorite once I get my license.

CosmicNoodle
September 25th, 2016, 01:56 PM
What mean of transportation do you prefer? MOTORCYCLE

Which ones do you use the most? MOTORCYCLE

Any inconveniences that make you despise one of them? Fuck riding in the rain, that shit sucks ass.

Remora
September 25th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE riding me bicycle around the place! i ride about a marathon daily just going to school and back so i'm fairly certain it's my most common method of transport :p

only inconvenience is the weather- and i'm not talking rain (i love the rain! i'm going to end up wet from my sweat either way and it's very refrshing), but rather snow and ice that makes the road slippery and dangerous. i usually use public transport then.

Drewboyy
September 25th, 2016, 03:08 PM
I live most of my life in NYC so I walk and take the subway everywhere. And if for some reason I have to go another city I go to grand central and take a train to that city and then a public bus. So I guess all public transportation.

The only inconvenience is the $$ (going too fast for Pokemon Go)

PlasmaHam
September 26th, 2016, 11:49 PM
I live in a rural area which means no public transport and walking takes way too long to be practical.
What mean of transportation do you prefer? Biking, automobiles
Which ones do you use the most? Biking, automobiles
Any inconveniences that make you despise one of them? Biking is still limited by range, often times I need to go 20+ miles to get what I need, which is not practical. Also, I live in a very hilly place so bikes are difficult at places.

Akelly
September 27th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Love my longboards

Flapjack
September 27th, 2016, 11:11 AM
For me it is boats :) But for short distances I much prefer walking :)

Endeavour
September 27th, 2016, 01:47 PM
What mean of transportation do you prefer? Tram
Which ones do you use the most? Tram, bus, car, walking
Any inconveniences that make you despise one of them? The buses sometimes get stuck in traffic but it's worth it when you consider that it's relatively cheap.

xXl0sth0peXx
September 28th, 2016, 06:37 PM
[-]uber b/c i can get drunk[/-]

What mean of transportation do you prefer?
honestly i like my car. its comfortable for me and it just is how i've been raised, and it's the most convenient based on where i've lived mostly. however, i lived right around a city for the first time for my internship over the summer and i did become kind of fond of the metro and whatnot. still not as much for busses and whatnot, but i loved utilizing the subway to get around, instead of driving through a larger city and if i go back, i'll definitely continue to utilize it. i've amtraked a few times too and it is kind of fun to get to just sit back and let someone else take care of shit
Which ones do you use the most?
i drive at this point honestly. i do walk from place to place on campus and whatnot, but its not an urban area so we have to drive somehow to get around, and i commute to work and whatnot so at the current time, i'm a driver.
Any inconveniences that make you despise one of them?
traffic can suck a dick

The Byrd
October 3rd, 2016, 04:32 PM
What mean of transportation do you prefer? I love cars. They're so quick and quiet. Everything that I want. Unfortunately though, my mum can't drive anymore since she had a stroke, my dad has never been able to drive, and my granddad can't anymore after he had a heart attack so I hardly ever have the chance to use a car.
Which ones do you use the most? I walk, like, everywhere, bro. The only time I get a bus is when I'm going to my nan and granddad's house or town.
Any inconveniences that make you despise one of them? I strongly dislike trains and I've never been on a plane but I don't much like the sound of doing that.

Falcons_11
October 10th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Since I can't drive a ,car or fly a plane my favorite means of transportation is my bike (or feet). I will get my drivers' license in 2 years, I hope. Then maybe my pilot license after that.

BaronessJamison
October 18th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Other than my car, definitely a train... a great way to see the sights

Just JT
October 18th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Foot or peddle

Walk run or bike, slatboard to

Abhorrence
October 20th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Motorcycle always. One of my good friends has a bike and it's so great to ride on.

Cognizant
October 23rd, 2016, 04:27 AM
What mean of transportation do you prefer? The good old fashioned automobile works best in California, where 95% of our public transportation sucks.

Which ones do you use the most? I drive almost everywhere. If my friends or I are not driving, we usually use uber, or take the subway (BART) into the city.

Any inconveniences that make you despise one of them? Traffic sucks dick and guess who has to use the bay area's busiest freeway to get to work :- ). A 20-25 minute drive to work on quiet weekends turns into a 45 minute-1hr drive on weekdays. Also my car's transmission is on it's last legs which makes driving in stop and go traffic somewhat tedious. Still more convenient than the train, though, because there isn't a single train that aligns well with my work schedule.

Muddy Sneakers
October 25th, 2016, 09:21 PM
if the weather is good then there's nothing better than walking or biking - either alone so I can think or with friends . i hate buses, I don't know why, they feel constraining. but I love trains of any kind.

pastel
October 25th, 2016, 09:29 PM
currently my favorite is my car/bus because it's fast but when i move to toronto for school, i know i love it already but the ttc (toronto transit commission) is fast i guess and gets me around the city