PDA

View Full Version : Gym showers??

evilspaghetti
September 18th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Hi, I've been nervously poking around this site thinking for a while about if i should join, but I have a bit of a problem i guess, so I joined.

My friend and his older brother go to the gym a lot and i was interested in joining them, but I had to ask about the showers. My friend and his brother have seen me naked before because i would change into trunks with them when we'd go swimming at their house, but I don't know if I'm comfortable or not with a bunch of other people seeing since it's never happened before. So from what my friend told me the showers are all open and on the walls and there's lockers with everyone naked and stuff. Im kinda nervous about showering there because its a lot of strangers but its also because im afraid me and my friend will stand out because we're kids, but I really want to start going to the gym but i have to shower.

What do I do?

user-999
September 18th, 2016, 12:33 PM
I'm sure no one will really care, and i don't think that there are a lot of people in the locker room/shower all the time. If you are uncomfortable shower facing the wall and change as quickly as posible, but don't make it too noticable.

ska8er
September 18th, 2016, 12:36 PM
As long as u go along with ur friends to the gym
and shower and ur comfortable with them being
naked it shouldn't bother u-than if u were there
alone-find places next together so u have their
backs in case u feel uncomfortable. How r the
showers in school-r u uneasy there with other
guys u may not know? What do ur friends feel
about the naked gym showers-have u asked
them what they think? Ur buddies just stick
together and everything will be Cool. I'm glad
u joined-there r a lot of good guys here and
have a lot of good advice.

evilspaghetti
September 18th, 2016, 01:06 PM
As long as u go along with ur friends to the gym
and shower and ur comfortable with them being
naked it shouldn't bother u-than if u were there
alone-find places next together so u have their
backs in case u feel uncomfortable. How r the
showers in school-r u uneasy there with other
guys u may not know? What do ur friends feel
about the naked gym showers-have u asked
them what they think? Ur buddies just stick
together and everything will be Cool. I'm glad
u joined-there r a lot of good guys here and
have a lot of good advice.

The showers at school arent manditory and when we change for PE, we don't get naked. Not all of us i mean, only a couple of the guys use the showers or ever get naked. I dont get naked around them because im afraid of some hidden camera after hearing stories of girls putting a hidden camera in boys showers and stuff. My friends don't care about nudity or anything so I dont think they care

Flapjack
September 18th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Honestly buddy you're all guys, no one will care :)

Cadanance00
September 18th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Honestly buddy you're all guys, no one will care :)

True, this.

ska8er
September 18th, 2016, 01:26 PM
The showers at school arent manditory and when we change for PE, we don't get naked. Not all of us i mean, only a couple of the guys use the showers or ever get naked. I dont get naked around them because im afraid of some hidden camera after hearing stories of girls putting a hidden camera in boys showers and stuff. My friends don't care about nudity or anything so I dont think they care

If ur friends don't care then u shouldn't either-like I
said just hang together-cover each others backs.
I know its uncomfortable from the beginning but
once u shower a few times u will get used to it-wear
a towel to the shower and then after showering put
the towel on again to the locker room-Btw-y not tell
ur friends that u r apprehensive of showering naked
an c what they have to say and then do what they do. :cool:

NZPerson
September 18th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Dont nake a scene and no one will notice you.

guywithquestions12
September 18th, 2016, 02:51 PM
No adult cares if there are any kids in the locker room unless you start screaming or acting childish. So don't worry about that, just go.

football1124
September 18th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Dont nake a scene and no one will notice you.

Pretty much this. Just do your thing and you'll be good

Falcons_11
September 18th, 2016, 04:52 PM
If you are uncomfortable with open showers and being with other naked around other guys then try to find a gym where the showers are closed. Most gyms where there are open showers those who used them don't really care about everyone showering naked. I think they would be more concern if anyone showered with their clothes on. If you don't act weird in the showers you won't be stared at. Just be yourself and everything will be okay.

nekid
September 18th, 2016, 05:49 PM
We shower at school. I was scared at first but not anymore. At a gym you can just pretend you're taking one with your brother or dad.

hockeyboy2000
September 18th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Yea like honestly no one will care, it could be awkward if there are other kids there but then they are feeling the same as you. and if its to much for you, just shower when you get home.

jamie_n5
September 18th, 2016, 07:20 PM
I am sure it will be fine. It's nothing to be worried about being naked with other guys around. You will have your friends with you too. I started in open showers and changing room at like 5 years old. No one ever bothered me and still don't. Just go and enjoy yourself at the gym.

pconnor2001
September 18th, 2016, 07:28 PM
no-one will give you a second thought in the gym showers. It's like showering at school. We are all boys with the same parts. If you are nervous you can wear a towel back and forth.

Harrier
September 25th, 2016, 04:31 PM
You definitely don't have to shower or even change at the gym. You can always just do that at home. My friends and I used to go to this one tiny little gym that didn't even have showers just a locker room/bath room. We were the only 3 teens who worked out there and the rest were all roid taking UFC guys lol. Working out was sometimes intimidating but I wouldn't of cared had we showered there. Guys regardless of age all have the same parts. Now a couple of us go to a different gym that is bigger and has a pool and basketball courts and stuff and occasionally we'll shower if we're going somewhere afterwards. It's no big thing, you'll get used to it eventually. It shouldn't make you not work out.

pjones
September 25th, 2016, 06:28 PM
if you're going for a workout your choice to shower as Harrier says.
i've used school and public showers. everyone using them was getting clean. yeah we all look, every age. not a big deal to me

Eli.
September 26th, 2016, 01:01 AM
If you are the only kids, everyone else will know it is just the human body, and a penis is not that big of a deal. They have penises as well, so it isnt like they are knew to them. You shouldn't let something silly like that get in the way of what you want to do.

zzzzzzzzzz
September 26th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Just forget about others there. After a couple of times, it will get easier

mark_r100
October 21st, 2016, 03:08 PM
dont worry about it taking naked showers gets easier the more you do it

SeansLittleBro
October 21st, 2016, 06:18 PM
If this is a gym that is open to all it is normal for guys to change and see other guys naked as has been said you will be with friends and if others see you no biggie i mean we're all guys in the locker room i have been using open showers since i was 7 i guess when i started swim lessons and then joined the local swim team so i'm used to it but really guy don't worry about it everything will be fine and like sk8er said welcome to VT i joined about 6 days after you and have found it really great a lot of good guys on here and getting good advice when i need it

steellord321
October 21st, 2016, 06:57 PM
It's better this way than your first time being at a small school or somethin like i had to. Then your around these guys, including some you don't like all day every day, you see them and just picture them naked and you wonder if that's all they think when they see you

Sounds like you'll be around mostly strangers though. That's good, you get used to it and no risk

pconnor
January 1st, 2017, 12:09 AM
We all have the same parts. Nobody will notice you.

NewLeafsFan
January 8th, 2017, 03:08 AM
Going to the gym has so many health benefits and you are lucky to have friends to go with. Working out with your friends would make exercise a lot more enjoyable.

You described the other guys in the shower as strangers. Think about that. You don't know them. And they don't know you. Does it really matter if they see your penis? Does it matter whst they think of your body? Would it be worth being naked to go and enjoy the exercise with your friends at the gym? These are questions that only you can answer.

Makawhile
January 8th, 2017, 11:58 AM
You should go in my opinion. We're lucky in the gym that I go to because we have a separate shower for our swimming team opposed to the other public showers so normally I'll shower alone or with friends and we're all comfortable with seeing eathother naked and I'm pretty sure most other people would be too

Endeavour
January 8th, 2017, 12:06 PM
This thread was bumped. :locked: