View Full Version : Idk what to do

September 16th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Im sad tbh bc i dont really have a lot of frineds i open up to... and i dont have any frineds that i can talk to openly. Ive tried to make friends but it just doesnt seem to work out for me! idk what to do... pm me if you wanna talk to me btw but idk

September 16th, 2016, 05:41 PM
I have the same problem maybe we are just unlucky and in an environment surrounded by jerks

September 16th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Sometimes you have to approach one of these friends first and say you need to talk to them...or ask them if you can have an open honest conversation. They may not know you need to talk or share your feelings. They're not all mind readers.

September 16th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Proverbs 18:24

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

You have to take the initative to make friends. Talk to people, be nice, that kind of stuff. Don't let this get you down, there is nothing wrong with having few friends.

September 17th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Maybe you need to be a little more outgoing. Take the first step by talking to people and starting conversations and stuff like that.

September 17th, 2016, 03:00 PM
There's no need to be sad that you don't have a lot of friends! Quality over quantity, always. :) You'll find that the vast majority of friends you make in your life will be more than happy to be there for you and to listen when you need somebody to talk to. Everybody likes it when somebody trusts them enough to talk openly with them. You have to make the first move with this though, as most people won't be able to accurately tell when you need to talk.

It's really simple to initiate a deeper conversation -- you just start by asking your friend if you can talk. "Yo, is it alright if I talk to you about something that's been bothering me? I just need to talk it out with a friend." Go from there. I've actually experimented with this quite a bit, and I'm yet to find someone who says no to a question like that!

Now, I used to have a little trouble approaching new people (nothing major, just noticed that I'd started getting a little bit nervous) and I dealt with it by assuming that everybody else was as nervous, if not more nervous, about approaching new people as I was. It just gave me a little (temporary) confidence boost so that I could approach more and more new people, who would then show me that there's no need to be nervous. We're all human, so let's talk about that. :)

Giving a friendly smile once you've made eye contact with someone is an easy way to initiate a conversation I've found. Their reaction to your smile also gives you an idea of how comfortable they are meeting new people.

Smiling when people make eye contact with you is friendly, open and inviting. If you make eye contact with someone, smile! Even wave if you want. :P More confident people will come up to you to initiate a conversation, and you can make the first move with the shyer types if you like.

Never be disappointed with the amount of friends you have, just appreciate each of them for who they are and let them know that you value them. An easy way to do that? Open up to them. :)