PDA

View Full Version : UK Users

vision16
September 15th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Anyone that's from the UK (United Kingdom) can chat and ask questions about issues that occur in the UK

Flapjack
September 15th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Do you mean have a forum for UK users? I really don't see the need for it.

nebula
September 15th, 2016, 03:52 PM
I don't see how that would be appropriate, as I believe there aren't a massive population of British users on here.

Endeavour
September 15th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Use 'The Brits ' (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/group.php?groupid=60) social group if you really want to, but like no one really uses them at all :)

everlong
September 15th, 2016, 06:26 PM
I don't think a forum for the UK would be that useful

Amethyst Rose
September 15th, 2016, 08:46 PM
I don't see it being beneficial in any way. We're all on here to interact and seek advice from each other, so if anything having a forum for one country that excludes all other countries would hinder the communication.

Sonicomsk
September 16th, 2016, 10:57 PM
that's not cool, having 'personal forum' for ones, and don't have for others.

lliam
September 16th, 2016, 11:18 PM
I don't see it being beneficial in any way. We're all on here to interact and seek advice from each other, so if anything having a forum for one country that excludes all other countries would hinder the communication.

agreed. but have a look at this:

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=512 (Threads in Forum United States Forum)

Uranus
September 16th, 2016, 11:38 PM
Let's also add America, Russia, Japan, China, Korea one and two, Germany, Italy, France, Mexico, ECT or we can just make threads titled "**Country Name Here** discussions"

Sonicomsk
September 16th, 2016, 11:49 PM
agreed. but have a look at this:

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=512 (Threads in Forum United States Forum)

but in that forum there is no restrictions, like one can post, and other can't. isn't that what OP wanted to do?

Endeavour
September 17th, 2016, 05:58 AM
that's not cool, having 'personal forum' for ones, and don't have for others.

A personal forum is not run by the forum itself, a member runs it. Of course if you wanted a UK Forum when you meet the requirements (100 posts and 2 months here) you could request for one to me made for you.

Sonicomsk
September 19th, 2016, 08:49 AM
A personal forum
I've used wrong definition, sorry. I've meant private forum.

Endeavour
September 19th, 2016, 10:35 AM

What do you mean by 'private' forum then?

Andyyy95
September 19th, 2016, 02:47 PM

No I don't like the idea of this, best thing about VT is diversity - making a UK forum for (supposedly) UK users only is somewhat discriminating in my opinion.

lliam
September 19th, 2016, 04:07 PM
What do you mean by 'private' forum then?

I assume that's personal. :D

Endeavour
September 19th, 2016, 04:24 PM
I assume that's personal. :D

But he already said it's not personal (see a few posts above)

lliam
September 19th, 2016, 11:09 PM
But he already said it's not personal (see a few poss above)

I see. But, well, that was just an ironic remark of me. Also, I admit, I'm curious to know what he means by personal and private.

Cause private normally implies personal. At least according to my definition. But I'm always willing to learn from definitions based on other peoples' opinions.

Sonicomsk
September 20th, 2016, 02:53 AM
ok lliam and Lost Horizon, I'll try to explain.
I can't use definition "personal" because A personal forum is not run by the forum itself, a member runs it
At first I wanted to say that OP wants forum that would be open for ones and closed for others.
Here (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-personal-and-private) I found such quote "Private" can apply to either a group or an individual.
"Personal" can apply to only an individual.
So here I use personal for member-created forum and private for forum that may be closed for anyone who is not from the UK, like OP wanted to do. Is it clear now? Feel free to correct me, English is my native language, so...

Endeavour
September 20th, 2016, 09:44 AM
ok lliam and Lost Horizon, I'll try to explain.
I can't use definition "personal" because
At first I wanted to say that OP wants forum that would be open for ones and closed for others.
Here (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-personal-and-private) I found such quote
So here I use personal for member-created forum and private for forum that may be closed for anyone who is not from the UK, like OP wanted to do. Is it clear now? Feel free to correct me, English is my native language, so...

Oh righty. I got you :D

lliam
September 20th, 2016, 01:10 PM
And once again my horizon has widened.

Hermes
September 20th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Sometimes things will come up that are inherently country specific or are of much more interest to people one country than another. On the other hand the fact the Internet is worldwide is one of its great advantages. We have access information and points of view from across the world and we can see, sometimes, that different countries do some things in very different ways.

I am not saying "never" have a discussion and make it clear you're interested in responses only from people in the same country, but consider if you might be avoiding useful input if you do that.