PDA

View Full Version : Sore back

lockness
September 12th, 2016, 02:47 AM
So I have started playing basketball most nights for about an hour and a couple of days ago my back started hurting and is still hurting now when i move a certain way or bend over.
I was wondering if it was just muscular or a response for doing to much to start with and whether it will go away? If it persists should I contact the doctor?

zack.zack
September 12th, 2016, 12:52 PM
having back pain is nothing to mess with, if its a continuous pain thats bothering you, especially when you move certain ways when doing regular stuff, you should get it checked out because you could do some real damage to your spine and you dont want that.

PlasmaHam
September 12th, 2016, 08:44 PM
I would say you probably sprained it some. I've done it before, twist a wrong way, lift something wrong, and your back suffers the consequences. I would give it a rest for a few days, and if it doesn't ease up, then I would probably go to a doctor after a week. Every time I've done it, it has fixed itself, but that may not be the case for you.

lockness
September 13th, 2016, 01:43 AM
I would say you probably sprained it some. I've done it before, twist a wrong way, lift something wrong, and your back suffers the consequences. I would give it a rest for a few days, and if it doesn't ease up, then I would probably go to a doctor after a week. Every time I've done it, it has fixed itself, but that may not be the case for you.

Thanks to everyone for their help so far.
plasmaHam how long did you back take to get better?, mine has been sore for around 5 or so days now.

Any other advice guys?

Flapjack
September 13th, 2016, 09:04 AM
From my personal experience it sounds like you haven't used your back muscles in a while and they are aching :) If it lasts more than 3 to 4 days or the pain is particularly bad then I would see a doctor :) Obviously I am not a doctor blah blah blah pls don't sue me <3

jamie_n5
September 13th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Well it could be just stiff muscles from starting to get in shape. Does it get better when you loosen up after playing some? If so it is just probably getting into shape. If not maybe see a chiropractor.

lockness
September 14th, 2016, 03:45 AM
From my personal experience it sounds like you haven't used your back muscles in a while and they are aching :) If it lasts more than 3 to 4 days or the pain is particularly bad then I would see a doctor :) Obviously I am not a doctor blah blah blah pls don't sue me <3

Thanks for your advice, I have currently been sore for around 5 days now.

Also have any of you heard of 'rocktape'?, If so do you think that this will work for me?

Flapjack
September 14th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Thanks for your advice, I have currently been sore for around 5 days now.

Also have any of you heard of 'rocktape'?, If so do you think that this will work for me?
No prob buddy and yeahh that stuff is awesome for aches and pains and swelling but after 5 days I am worried it might be more serious, it might be nothing but I am worried for you :) please see a doctor :)

lockness
September 15th, 2016, 01:42 AM
No prob buddy and yeahh that stuff is awesome for aches and pains and swelling but after 5 days I am worried it might be more serious, it might be nothing but I am worried for you :) please see a doctor :)

Thanks man, I probably will. So would you recommend rocktape?