PDA

View Full Version : getting fit

lockness
September 12th, 2016, 02:43 AM
Hey guys,
I am wanting to get fitter than I currently am. At the moment I play basketball but not as a team and walk home from school.

So i was wanting some advice on how to get fitter and get fit quickly thanks.

lockness
September 13th, 2016, 01:44 AM
Anyone got any suggestions?

Mars
September 13th, 2016, 06:46 AM
Go to the gym, stick to a gaining diet (protein and carbs, which a lot of you'll burn off anyway). Sure lemondrop will have some for ya too :P

Flapjack
September 13th, 2016, 08:53 AM
I don't play much sports so can't help you too much, I would look into basketball specific workouts if they're a thing :)

lemondrop
September 13th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Mars just gave me away >_<. fastest way to get fit - hit the gym and train EVERYTHING - not a single forgotten muscle , but the most important thing is nutrition m8 , i'm not sure what goals do you have , focus less on abs - they don't mean a shit to me. unless you want some ladies ;) also do multi-join movements (compound) deadlift,squat,bench press ,overhead press , just read my posts in "sport and fitness" section or pm when you have 100 posts or just quote me so i'll know ,but be more specific - i need to know your stats/ goals, weight,height

lockness
September 14th, 2016, 03:48 AM
Thanks for everyone's suggestion so far.
Does anyone else have any more?

lockness
September 16th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Hey dude,
If you want to get fit, the best thing to do is to start eating right. Yeah I know that most of the diets are bull crap and that diets dont really change anything. But seriously, read all the nutrition labels and ingredients of the food that you are eating. I try to stay away from foods that have added sugar and a lot of sodium.
Not only does sugar make you gain weight if you dont use the energy, but sodium really dehydrates your skin and makes your face look very bloated.
If you are looking to gain muscle, look up a lot of body weight exercises or join a gym. A lot of stuff like variations of lunges and squats are really good for that.
If you just want to be fit, and make yourself live longer, start running.
Does not have to be for a while, and you do not have to be the best. Just try to jog at least 3km every couple days, if you really want to get fit, I run about 6km per day.
Good luck man

Thanks for your advice

lliam
September 16th, 2016, 11:31 PM
and get fit quickly thanks.

Bad idea, dude. Your body needs to get used to the new physical requirements of "getting fitter" by constant training in a longterm.

Do you train too much in a short time, you will get just the opposite.