PDA

View Full Version : I'm voting for Johnson!

PlexiGlassXD
September 9th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Trump and Hillary are jerks and bullies! Both would continue and start wars! They are both narcissists!

I'm voting for Gary Johnson!

Time to stand up to the fascists!

I see a land with liberty for all,

Yet still, I know the truth will rise and fall,
That's just the way it goes, a word now to the wise,
The world was made to change, each day is a surprise

Looking at life through my own eyes,
I'm searching for a hero to idolize,
Feeling the pain as innocence dies,
Looking at life, through my own eyes

I'll take my heart into battle, give that freedom bell a rattle,
Get my independence signed, declare it on the dotted line,
Let Philadelphia freedom ring, and patriotic voices sing,
Red, White and Blue, never give up, you represent America!

I'm hoping and praying for a brighter day,
I listen to my heart and I obey,
How can I see it any other way?

Mars
September 9th, 2016, 08:41 AM
TWPR :arrow: ROTW

These threads are better fit here. Please don't continue to post political threads in TWPR

Living For Love
September 9th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Isn't Gary Johnson the guy who didn't know what Aleppo was?

Flapjack
September 9th, 2016, 09:58 AM
If I was going support a third party, I would support Jill Stein however I think we should support Clinton in order to keep Trump out. I have heard some concerning things about Gary Johnson.

Vlerchan
September 9th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Isn't Gary Johnson the guy who didn't know what Aleppo was?
In fairness the campaign statement that was produced afterwards was a testament to his better character.

It's unfortunate that slip-up - albeit it was quite bad - is going to haunt the rest of his campaign and the rest of his career.

---

I'd vote Johnson if he'd a plan on immigration and foreign policy and monetary policy and it wasn't just feeding Trump's chances.

Dalcourt
September 9th, 2016, 10:06 AM
If I was going support a third party, I would support Jill Stein however I think we should support Clinton in order to keep Trump out. I have heard some concerning things about Gary Johnson.

What concerning things did ya hear?

mattsmith48
September 9th, 2016, 10:10 AM

If you think of voting for Trump than voting for Johnson is fine. I think Bernie people voting for Jill Stein will hurt Clinton more than Trump people or other conservatives voting for Gary Johnson instead of Hillary Clinton

Living For Love
September 9th, 2016, 10:11 AM
I think we should support Clinton in order to keep Trump out.
Wat? You mean you're voting for Hillary only to prevent Trump from winning?

lyhom
September 9th, 2016, 10:12 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_voting

ethan-s
September 9th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Trump and Hillary are jerks and bullies! Both would continue and start wars! They are both narcissists!

I'm voting for Gary Johnson!

Time to stand up to the fascists!

I see a land with liberty for all,

Yet still, I know the truth will rise and fall,
That's just the way it goes, a word now to the wise,
The world was made to change, each day is a surprise

Looking at life through my own eyes,
I'm searching for a hero to idolize,
Feeling the pain as innocence dies,

I'll take my heart into battle, give that freedom bell a rattle,
Get my independence signed, declare it on the dotted line,
Let Philadelphia freedom ring, and patriotic voices sing,
Red, White and Blue, never give up, you represent America!

I'm hoping and praying for a brighter day,
I listen to my heart and I obey,
How can I see it any other way?
I agree on the first statement, but I don't think Gary is the way to go. He supports mandatory vaccination, gets triggered when someone says illegal immigrant, and doesn't support libertarian views in general.

Needless to say, I'm not supporting any of the people in the running this year.

Flapjack
September 9th, 2016, 10:51 AM
I can't vote but I would do for exactly that reason :) She is corrupt and won't get much good done.
What concerning things did ya hear?
Tbh buddy I have some issues with him involving gun control, climate change and knowledge of world affairs but he isn't as bad as people make him out to be :) I heard he was terrible for LGBT right but I have read that he has stated he believes the government doesn't belong in out bedroom. He supports cutting the military and is pro choice, I don't support him but he is a lot better than I expected :)

mattsmith48
September 9th, 2016, 10:54 AM
I agree on the first statement, but I don't think Gary is the way to go. He supports mandatory vaccination, gets triggered when someone says illegal immigrant, and doesn't support libertarian views in general.

Needless to say, I'm not supporting any of the people in the running this year.

I like the mandatory vaccination thing

phuckphace
September 9th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Gary isn't much use on the issues that matter but I bet he could sure hook me up with some loud ass endo

ThisBougieLife
September 9th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Not much love for Johnson from me. Listening to his interview with David Remnick just reinforced many of the negative feelings I often have about libertarians being unprincipled and unrealistic. That isn't to say he doesn't have some good ideas, but I'm not going to vote for him just because he's not Trump or Hillary. This election just blows all over, though.

Paraxiom
September 12th, 2016, 04:16 AM
I don't mean to put tactical voting as more important than anything else, but Johnson's chances of getting presidency are... low.

Then again, you're not getting involved in the main two-way 'TRUMP / NOT TRUMP (CLINTON)' game, so that's noteworthy.