PDA

View Full Version : IPhone 7

Madison519
September 8th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Any opinions on the new iPhone?

Mars
September 8th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Dumb. As. Fuck.

Taking out the headphone jack, and the only "improvement" is just a better camera. Same shit as the 6. Unless I completely fuck up my phone I'm probably not going to upgrade. Rather see what the next iPhone 8 would b

Periphery
September 9th, 2016, 12:22 AM
I think the wireless headphones are great! You know what would make them better though? A cable connecting both of them to my phone.

azure moonstone
September 9th, 2016, 12:53 AM
Even though I've always liked my iPhone (I still have a 5s) - the last few years' new iPhone models (6,6+,7) and the new versions of iOS have all been meh. I don't exactly want to say "underwhelming" but not really groundbreaking for me either. They are just kind of....there.

PinkFloyd
September 9th, 2016, 02:03 AM
I'll be getting an Android for my next phone without a doubt. Fuck Apple.

Jinglebottom
September 9th, 2016, 02:53 AM
I'm happy with my current phone, I see no reason to waste $800+ on a new one.

Endeavour
September 9th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Seriously.. getting rid of the headphone jack? Now you couldn't charge your phone and listen to music at the same time. And to not include the new airpods for free and making you pay 150+ is a little ridiculous. I also agree with many people above, I'm fine with my old phone and there aren't really that many differences between the recent iphones/ios releases. The latest big one I can remember was ios7, which was quite a few years back now.

Kyle37
September 9th, 2016, 01:47 PM
1. I didn't think a smartphone could get uglier than the iPhone 6. But Apple has proved me wrong with the iPhone 7. No wonder they didn't show it on stage and made the whole reveal video really dark to mask the actual design.
2. Removing the headphone jack. I am 99% sure they removed it because GREED. They want to sell you the expensive wireless shit.
3. I think I heard somewhere that a person commented that the new home button doesn't even feel like an actual button because the casing is too thin. This technology worked in the MacBook, but probably not as well in the iPhone.
4. Apple has to fix their iOS, those greedy bastards. If I don't want Apple Music, I want to use the app in a more elegant way like in iOS4->8.3. Make another Apple Music app separate from the normal one. Also splitting the music controls in the control center is just bad in my opinion. (The reason I complain about the OS is because that's what you're getting on the iPhone 7.
5. No notable improvements functionally. Sure you can now take better photos, its about as fast as every other iPhone on their original OS, and better graphics, but thats not really appealing at all to upgrade.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Remora
September 9th, 2016, 01:50 PM
i'm too poor to afford any kind of iphone, but the whole no headphone jack thing is the worst. why?

Hideous
September 9th, 2016, 02:11 PM
I just like the dust and water proof aspect of it. Not gonna lie, the space black looks really good. I'm pissed about the headphone jack tho.

I'll stick with my 6s Plus.

devotionnel
September 9th, 2016, 02:13 PM
The colour range is supposed to be good. Only thing good about it.

german_boy
September 9th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Since my contract will expire soon, I've just pre-ordered the iPhone 7 today (and will probably receive it on Friday).

In my opinion, the differences between my current iPhone 6 and the new iPhone 6 are not that big.

everlong
September 9th, 2016, 05:54 PM
I've always gotten iPhones, only because that's the smartphone I'm used to. I really don't like Apple, and after seeing they're getting rid of the headphone jack, I think that guarantees my switch to another smartphone.

ThisBougieLife
September 9th, 2016, 07:28 PM
I have the 6S and usually get the "S" models. So I probably will not be getting this one. It's not enough of a change from the 6S. If the next iteration has an OLED screen I will probably get it.

Kacchon
September 9th, 2016, 11:27 PM
I have no interest in it, personally. I'm quite happy with my 5s, and I most likely won't be getting another phone for a long time. When I do, though, I think I'll be switching to Android.

If you really don't like the iPhone 7, then maybe... don't buy it? Crazy idea.

Ben7
September 10th, 2016, 02:11 AM
Picture, for a moment, a whelmed. Just imagine it.

Now, picture me standing beneath it.

I am underwhelmed.

Desynchronized
September 10th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Lol it sux dik

Uniquemind
September 11th, 2016, 03:46 PM
They claim iphone 7 has one hour longer battery life...we'll see.

The other thing they changed is the base model is 32 GB and the 16GB version is gone.

I'm probably keeping the phone I have.

Sonicomsk
September 19th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Not worth it.

YouTube
September 26th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Only reason I'm upgrading from my 6s is because on my plan, I lease for a year and upgrade to the new iPhone every year. If I don't upgrade, I overpay. This time I want the plus version because that telephoto camera would kill the Instagram game��

Uniquemind
September 27th, 2016, 07:10 PM
My opinion has been revised given that the glass on my current iphone 5s is starting to pop-up or (warp).

I might be getting the iphone 7, and in a few years once I get a credit card I can transition to mobile apple pay for security.

We'll see if my current phone holds up for another year, and what deals are offered this holiday season.