PDA

View Full Version : Exclusion

BrokenWingedPegasus
September 8th, 2016, 06:41 PM
So, I had an issue that usually affects the views of myself. Which is a difficulty in making friends. I'm an introvert, and I made a few situational friends before. But I never made a friend that actually cared about me. Like, I feel excluded when my friends keep contact with each other, ask them to play games with them, go out, etc. But they never ask me to do it. I always have to do everything. If I wanted friends, I have to make them because no one cares enough to actually start a conversation with me, ask me to go out, etc. And talking to them is difficult for me since I'm depressed and I'm an introvert like I said. It makes me feel lonely and excluded, but also makes me feel like I'm uninteresting, boring, antisocial... Even when I try to 'risk' things and start conversations outside of school, it never works out and I feel worse. This wouldn't be so much of a big deal since many people have troubles in making friends, but it's seriously worse if it's combined with a depression... And saying that I should continue to do things by myself, ask them out, and start conversations myself doesn't help. Because thinking that it's in my hands to make a friend, and that I'll have to ask lots of people to be friends and to go out only makes me more nervous, afraid of things going wrong, and it puts lots of pressure on me, making me even more anxious and stressed. My self esteem is pretty damaged. When I smile I think I'm ugly, and to be honest, I don't think I'm anything special. I think I'm an average, okayish, boring person...
Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

jamie_n5
September 10th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Well first of all you need to like yourself. Quit thinking you are a bad person and all messed up. You are a good person I am sure. You just are letting your thoughts and insecurity get the best of you. Go out and keep trying to make fiends. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking the first step in meeting people and talking to others. I think you have imagined that you are ugly and not worthy of others. I would love to be your friend and talk to you and really meet you.

Cadanance00
September 10th, 2016, 03:48 PM
^^this is truth.

Another thing is make it less important that other people like you. Some people won't like you & there's nothing you can do about it, so let them. You'll find that some people do like you, reach out to them.

BrokenWingedPegasus
September 10th, 2016, 04:33 PM
^^this is truth.

Another thing is make it less important that other people like you. Some people won't like you & there's nothing you can do about it, so let them. You'll find that some people do like you, reach out to them.

Thank you. That's what I'll try to do. :)

jxxx_z
September 13th, 2016, 01:29 PM
The right people will come along... Don't worry