PDA

View Full Version : What group of High School students support Trump?

PlexiGlassXD
September 7th, 2016, 12:37 AM
I identify as a moderate. I believe in a strong economy, a strong military, a better education system, and a awesome space program that will put the American flag on Mars. I believe in keeping America safe and defeating ISIS but keeping America out of the Middle East mess. I believe in pushing science and technology. I believe in compassion and understanding. Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.

I am not a fan of both candidates.

What groups of students at your school support Trump? The rural people who hunt Deer? The people who play football? The popular girls who like to shop?

Flapjack
September 7th, 2016, 12:39 AM
The racists and the uninformed xD Just keeping it real :)

Babs
September 7th, 2016, 12:56 AM
I'm not sure any particular clique or group can be pinpointed as the sole Trump supports. tbh, I think it's a silly question.

EuRo
September 7th, 2016, 01:05 AM

I'm not racist and I'm not uninformed on Hillary and Trump. I'll support Trump just to spite you for that.

@OP I'm a high-school student and I'd rather support Trump than Hillary. I'm sure that some high-school students are informed enough about Hillary and Trump to make the decision to support Trump if they feel that they need to support one of them.

Periphery
September 7th, 2016, 07:46 AM
I'm not racist and I'm not uninformed on Hillary and Trump. I'll support Trump just to spite you for that.

@OP I'm a high-school student and I'd rather support Trump than Hillary. I'm sure that some high-school students are informed enough about Hillary and Trump to make the decision to support Trump if they feel that they need to support one of them.

So you're saying only uninformed people support Hillary?

PlasmaHam
September 7th, 2016, 10:55 AM
You can't define Trump supporters to a specific group like you can't define Hillary supporters to a certain group. I've seen uninformed and racist Trump supporters, and uninformed and racist Hillary supporters. Neither side has a universal grasp on any group of Americans. Certain groups may lean more towards Trump or Clinton, but that doesn't mean that every single member of that group does, or even a strong majority supports said candidate.

PlexiGlassXD I agree with you on most of your earlier points regarding what you want for America. I'm not a fan of either too, but I definitely have stronger leanings towards Trump.

Vermilion
September 7th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Honestly I wouldn't trust any politician no one sticks fully to what they promise.

If I could vote I'd tick both box so it doesn't count.

phuckphace
September 7th, 2016, 12:05 PM
I've noticed that Trump supporters in general, but especially the younger generation are really the only ones who are seriously enthused about this election cycle - the tentative hope his campaign has brought after decades of hopelessness can't be understated. conversely, most Bernie supporters seemed to root for Bernie simply because he wasn't Hillary, and Hillary's supporters because she isn't Trump or a Republican. in either case the Democrats know what their platform is - keeping the welfare flowing so Shaniqua can buy heroin - and thus understand that their support is a foregone conclusion.

OG posters might remember back in the day how negative and cynical my posts on this topic were - we all grew up during a stage of our history when things were worse but fortunately that means it's almost time for things to start getting better if you're white, lol

The Byrd
September 7th, 2016, 03:32 PM
I deleted this because I knew that I was going to get backlash that I can't be bothered with. Someone delete this post or whatever.

everlong
September 7th, 2016, 04:03 PM
It seems lots of the athletic people in my school (which makes up about 99% of my school) support Trump

phuckphace
September 7th, 2016, 04:19 PM
It seems lots of the athletic people in my school (which makes up about 99% of my school) support Trump

it's actually "ableist bigots" (are bigots even people??) but I'll let you slide this time

PlexiGlassXD
September 7th, 2016, 05:50 PM

What kind of school is it? Rural? Suburban? Middle Class?

everlong
September 7th, 2016, 07:39 PM
What kind of school is it? Rural? Suburban? Middle Class?

Suburban

Dalcourt
September 7th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Where I go to school most don't give a fuck about politics at all so I don't think there are any groups supporting any candidates.

PlexiGlassXD
September 7th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Suburban

If there is a JROTC are they fascist thugs?

Are the cheerleaders snobs and the football players bullies and dicks?

What about sci fi and fantasy fans?

PlexiGlassXD
September 7th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Are Trump supporters violent?

PlasmaHam
September 7th, 2016, 09:57 PM

What?! Why is this thread suddenly about high school stereotypes? Are you wanting actual info on Trump support or are you just looking for an excuse to bash him? People have given reasonable responses, asking them if the JROTC is fascist or if they have the stereotypical mean cheerleaders and rude football players doesn't seem appropriate for a reasonable discussion.

And what is wrong about being a sci-fi fan? That seems like a pretty off-the-wall question to ask.

Dalcourt
September 7th, 2016, 10:15 PM

This is a weird bunch of questions you ask all of a sudden.
Didn't you want to talk about politics?

PlexiGlassXD
September 8th, 2016, 09:15 AM

I've heard Trump has mocked a disabled reporter.

Are these athletic people jerks? Do they like being mean?

Karkat
September 8th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Oh god I haven't been in a school for like five years

I don't even know what highschoolers wear nowadays.

The ones in my circles who seem to support Trump are:

White, middle-class straight males
or
Kind of racist right-wing Christians

So basically who you'd expect.

PlasmaHam
September 8th, 2016, 10:59 AM
I've heard Trump has mocked a disabled reporter.

Are these athletic people jerks? Do they like being mean?

I've heard Hillary laughed at a rape victim.:P

Do you want to have reasonable discussions or not? People are giving reasonable answers, yet you keep wanting to make this an anti-Trump fest.

Vlerchan
September 8th, 2016, 11:31 AM
The largest determinant of whether someone is High School supports Trump is going to be whether that persons father supports Trump.

That means a Trump supporter in high school is likeliest to be [1] white, [2] rurally-based or living in the rust belt, [3] working class or born to lower-middle class parents with low levels of savings, [4] most commonly encounter members of another race, broadly speaking, through the media and not in their personal interactions.

I fit all 4 of those and don't support Trump so it doesn't turn someone into a Trump supporter. But it's the likiliest predictor of it.

everlong
September 8th, 2016, 05:37 PM

No JROTC, at least I don't think.

Some are mean, some aren't.

I don't know the views of the sci fi/fantasy fans

PlexiGlassXD
September 8th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Why are politicians who make it to the top complete jerks? When will Americans demand people with better personalities?

Drewboyy
September 8th, 2016, 07:14 PM
You see, I live in an extremely liberal New York area where there are lower-class families on welfare, illegals who mow lawns for a living, and pot heads down the street. I am fortunate enough to have educated parents who own land in the only neighborhood I wouldn't get shot in for wearing yellow. I work with, go to school with, go to parties with, hang out with, am with in general mostly non-whites. My family is liberal. I am a Trump supporter on my own in this world of left. 90% of my school loves Hillary. Or maybe, more people like him but are afraid to say anything out loud in fear of getting beat. They don't have a reason for not liking him other than being fed New York Times and CNN for breakfeast, lunch, and dinner.

PlexiGlassXD
September 9th, 2016, 08:41 AM
No JROTC, at least I don't think.

Some are mean, some aren't.

I don't know the views of the sci fi/fantasy fans

Those mean people probably support Trump!

Mars
September 9th, 2016, 08:43 AM
TWPR :arrow: ROTW

These threads are better fit here. Please don't post political threads in TWPR.

mattsmith48
September 9th, 2016, 09:41 AM

Racist, uninformed, suicidal, conspiracy theorists and idiots

mattsmith48
September 9th, 2016, 09:53 AM
You see, I live in an extremely liberal New York area where there are lower-class families on welfare, illegals who mow lawns for a living, and pot heads down the street. I am fortunate enough to have educated parents who own land in the only neighborhood I wouldn't get shot in for wearing yellow. I work with, go to school with, go to parties with, hang out with, am with in general mostly non-whites. My family is liberal. I am a Trump supporter on my own in this world of left. 90% of my school loves Hillary. Or maybe, more people like him but are afraid to say anything out loud in fear of getting beat. They don't have a reason for not liking him other than being fed New York Times and CNN for breakfeast, lunch, and dinner.

Who is going to mow your lawn if Trumps deport all the undocumented immigrants? Americans wont do it they don't want to.

There is other reasons to hate Trump other than listenning to propaganda all day. Like that he's an idiot, or that everything he tried in his live failed, or that he doesn't know shit about the economy or foreign policy, or the racism and xenophobia, or that he's the closest the world as seen from Hitler since WWII, or that he's mentally unstable and might start a nuclear war and the end of live on earth.

Vlerchan
September 9th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Who is going to mow your lawn if Trumps deport all the undocumented immigrants? Americans wont do it they don't want to.
Teenagers.

Legal immigrants.

... he's the closest the world as seen from Hitler since WWII...
Lol'd.

... might start a nuclear war and the end of live on earth...
Just keep repeating it until the opposition is worn down.

Who cares about reason.

phuckphace
September 9th, 2016, 10:15 AM
what's everyone's deal with pointing out how white and heterosexual Trump supporters are? it's like visiting the welfare office and being surprised that you're the only natural born citizen in the room

mattsmith48
September 9th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Teenagers.

Legal immigrants.

Teenagers sure, legal immigrants like espanics why would they stay in the US with a racist and xenophobe as president? If I was in their shoes I wouldn't stay how can they be sure go after them too?

Just keep repeating it until the opposition is worn down.

I have explain in the past that its a fair worry to have.

Who cares about reason.

Certainly most Trump voters don't care about reason if they did they wouldn't vote for Trump

Vlerchan
September 9th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Teenagers sure, legal immigrants like espanics why would they stay in the US with a racist and xenophobe as president?
Because of something called the rule of law and the much higher standard of living available to Hispanics than exists for them in their home countries.

If I was in their shoes I wouldn't stay how can they be sure go after them too?
Equal protections clause in the constitution.

The fact that Trump's base aren't interested in persecuting Hispanics for the sake of them being Hispanic is also quite obvious.

I have explain in the past that its a fair worry to have.
I preceded the explain that the likelihood is ridiculously exaggerated and your continued insistence on it being a potential feature of his candidacy only makes you seem hysterical and unreasoned.

mattsmith48
September 9th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Because of something called the rule of law and the much higher standard of living available to Hispanics than exists for them in their home countries.

Why not move to another country like joining all the american refugees coming to Canada

Equal protections clause in the constitution.

Like the Republicans give a shit about that

The fact that Trump's base aren't interested in persecuting Hispanics for the sake of them being Hispanic is also quite obvious.

Why not thats the kind of things neo nazis and racist do

Vlerchan
September 9th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Why not move to another country like joining all the american refugees coming to Canada
One would have to presume that immigrants just prefer the standard of living in the United States - or Canadian immigration is too restrictive.

Like the Republicans give a shit about that
Ignoring that it was Republicans amended the constitution to include it - the fact is that it doesn't matter whether Republicans give a shit about it because it guides their legislative abilities regardless.

Why not thats the kind of things neo nazis and racist do
Statements like this is the reason people don't take you seriously.

Edit: I also don't intend to be mean but it's this sort of hyperpartisan clap-trap that discredits the entire anti-Trump movement. There comes a stage when people have heard so much hyperbolic bullshit about Trump that his actual faults - terrible as these might be - become normalised. That's a serious issue. Engaging in the sort of remarks - such as the quoted above - undermines whatever credibility you have when making claims that might be - in fact - true.

Of course historical racists have persecuted other races. But if you seriously think that historical behaviour is relevant to the current situation at all then you need to need to seriously begin to consider your sources.

Periphery
September 9th, 2016, 03:00 PM

So a suicidal person is automaticly a Trump supporter? Are you saying suicidal people are bad people and idiots? I'm sorry but that's just stupid. Are you basing that claim on facts or are you assuming because someone is suicidal they are bad people?

Also, no high school group. Literally every person you come across no matter what their personality or their background is could be a Trump supporter.

mattsmith48
September 9th, 2016, 04:02 PM
So a suicidal person is automaticly a Trump supporter? Are you saying suicidal people are bad people and idiots? I'm sorry but that's just stupid. Are you basing that claim on facts or are you assuming because someone is suicidal they are bad people?

Also, no high school group. Literally every person you come across no matter what their personality or their background is could be a Trump supporter.

Suicidal people who will vote for trump when they know he might end the world and start a nuclear war but still vote for him anyway. Or in a party sense republican who vote for trump even if they know that they will have to defend every stupid things he's gonna do and that this Trump thing might be the end of their party

Drewboyy
September 9th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Suicidal people who will vote for trump when they know he might end the world and start a nuclear war but still vote for him anyway. Or in a party sense republican who vote for trump even if they know that they will have to defend every stupid things he's gonna do and that this Trump thing might be the end of their party

Just IMAGINE if Trump had the button in his hand on the new independence day (June 14th) , he was feeling extra destructive (even after the piles of every single non-white race was being used to make that wall to keep those rapists out!) and extra hateful towards China after there was a toy made over there that was selling in Trump-R-Us and he decided to start wwiii by shooting a couple warheads at them. Worst case scenario? Every country in the world wages war on America and we could very well hold every single one of them off with our super TRUMP defense system.

Porpoise101
September 9th, 2016, 06:59 PM
My school is kinda weird. Early in the race when Trump was more of a meme, all the kiddies loved him. Now they are realizing the implications of Trump, and even some of the country kids are against him. I can only think of three people who are strong supporters; two are in Young Republicans and the other is a shitposter who follows Yiannopoulos. That being said, the student body isn't really pro Clinton. In fact, as unenthusiastic as I am, I may be her best apologist among my peers.

Bull
September 9th, 2016, 07:30 PM
I actually will be voting in this election. I am a registered republican. Since there is not a true republican running I will vote for experience, the person most qualified to lead. I will vote for the person who does not believe the president of Russia is a great leader. I will vote for the person who trusts the military to do their job.

PlasmaHam
September 9th, 2016, 07:39 PM
I actually will be voting in this election. I am a registered republican. Since there is not a true republican running I will vote for experience, the person most qualified to lead. I will vote for the person who does not believe the president of Russia is a great leader. I will vote for the person who trusts the military to do their job.

Which candidate is more likely to let the real Republicans in Congress and state governments do their job?

Porpoise101
September 9th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Which candidate is more likely to let the real Republicans in Congress and state governments do their job?
The Republican Party has one of the most one-sided Congresses in US history in their favor. If they can't get anything done, that is their issue. In fact, they are the ones withholding action half the time.

PlasmaHam
September 9th, 2016, 09:29 PM
The Republican Party has one of the most one-sided Congresses in US history in their favor. If they can't get anything done, that is their issue. In fact, they are the ones withholding action half the time.

I don't see how that is too relevant to the discussion. I was talking about which candidate will likely align themselves more with Congressional Republicans, and not threaten to veto any bill the Republicans produce they don't like. The influence of the president is often powerful when it comes to Congressional decisions. If you really want to support,"Real Republicans", I suggest you consider things beyond the direct.

Periphery
September 9th, 2016, 11:59 PM

What does that have to do with suicidal people? That's just Trump supporters

mattsmith48
September 10th, 2016, 01:13 AM
What does that have to do with suicidal people? That's just Trump supporters

The nuclear war thing

Periphery
September 10th, 2016, 01:21 AM
The nuclear war thing

That literally makes no sense like at all.

So what you're saying is a suicidal person is a bad person (because obviously you see Trump supporters as bad people)? The fact they're suicidal has nothing to do with their political standpoints and honestly you're mocking suicidal people here which is pathetic.

mattsmith48
September 10th, 2016, 10:30 AM
That literally makes no sense like at all.

So what you're saying is a suicidal person is a bad person (because obviously you see Trump supporters as bad people)? The fact they're suicidal has nothing to do with their political standpoints and honestly you're mocking suicidal people here which is pathetic.

Someone who is suicidal is a bad person if they what to kill other people in the process of killing them self which is the casee here

Periphery
September 10th, 2016, 10:56 AM
First you said suicidal teens support Trump, now you say they want to kill people if they support Trump. Look, I am not a Trump supporter at all but you are taking it a bit too far (you also fail to make like, any sense).

Mars
September 10th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Keep this thread on topic.

Bull
September 10th, 2016, 12:31 PM

The republican party is so fragmented with different varieties of RINOs they are totally inept. Our party nominee will not be able to bring the factions together if he is elected and the republican majority holds, which is not certain. We really need to reevaluate the base makeup and reexamine our core principles to see if we still exist as a viable political force.

Porpoise101
September 10th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I don't see how that is too relevant to the discussion. I was talking about which candidate will likely align themselves more with Congressional Republicans, and not threaten to veto any bill the Republicans produce they don't like. The influence of the president is often powerful when it comes to Congressional decisions. If you really want to support,"Real Republicans", I suggest you consider things beyond the direct.
Over the years, Clinton has actually shown herself to be good at working with the other party. Yet, with the current state of the Republicans I am not sure. Anyways, the power of Trump is changing the party. If Trump is elected, he will have a lot of influence with the voting base. Essentially, he will be keeping the Congress in line and espousing his own values, which may or may not fall on the party line. Either that, or new candidates for Congress who are more sympathetic to Trump will replace the uncooperative ones in 2 years.

Professional Russian
September 11th, 2016, 08:23 AM

ive literally read every single one of your political posts and all i see is you basically saying every Republicans an idiot and the Democrats are the Aryan race that can never be wrong and will make the world all unicorns and flowers. I got news for you the world aint flowers and Daisy's. we need a leader with balls that can keep or classified information to themselves and not leak it. we need a leader who sends help when navy seals call for it. we need a leader who aint afraud of shit and will fight battles foreign and domestic. a leader that'll Crack down on this heroin epidemic and do all they can to stop the flow of illegal drugs into the country. that'll send out teams to fight gang wars that kill tons of innocent people. and I'm sorry but I don't see that in hillary. hillarys biggest base if turned Bernie supporters and people who are voting for her cause shes a woman. plus do you really want bill Clinton getting blow jobs in the Oval Office again?

Vlerchan
September 11th, 2016, 08:48 AM
classified information to themselves
Like the contents of their security-briefs?

we need a leader who sends help when navy seals call for it.
If this is about Benghazi, we all agree that it was a policy-failure. But the continued attempts to spin it as being malicious on the part of the administration, is wrong.

we need a leader who aint afraud of shit and will fight battles foreign and domestic.
No idea why you think that puts Trump in a better position.

a leader that'll Crack down on this heroin epidemic and do all they can to stop the flow of illegal drugs into the country.
Demand for addictive drugs tends to be quite irresponsible to shifts in supply and the likelihood is that boosting the price is just going to make the habit more deleterious.

The war on drugs, as it has persisted in the developed world, has also been an abject failure, and I have no idea why you think the same policies will work under the administration of someone else.

that'll send out teams to fight gang wars that kill tons of innocent people.
I thought you'd agree with me that state's rights are actually valuable.

mattsmith48
September 11th, 2016, 07:56 PM
ive literally read every single one of your political posts and all i see is you basically saying every Republicans an idiot and the Democrats are the Aryan race that can never be wrong and will make the world all unicorns and flowers. I got news for you the world aint flowers and Daisy's.

If you really had read every single of my political posts you would know that I've said multiple times that the Democrats are conservatives who are pro-choice and doesn't deny climate change is real. Liberals living in the US support the Democrats only because there is only two choice and the other party are racist and maniacs.

we need a leader with balls that can keep or classified information to themselves and not leak it.

Thats why you support the guy who tweets every single thing that goes throught is head.

we need a leader who sends help when navy seals call for it.

Thats why you support the guy who insult the millitary and parents of solders killed in action.

we need a leader who aint afraud of shit and will fight battles foreign and domestic.

Thats why you support the guy doesn't know shit about foreign policy.

a leader that'll Crack down on this heroin epidemic and do all they can to stop the flow of illegal drugs into the country.

How is Trump going to do this?

that'll send out teams to fight gang wars that kill tons of innocent people.

So just let cops get away with murder and shooting black people for no reason.

and I'm sorry but I don't see that in hillary. hillarys biggest base if turned Bernie supporters and people who are voting for her cause shes a woman.

You do realize that people voted for her to be the nominee of the Democratic Party right it seem very unlikely that they all voted for her only because shes a woman

plus do you really want bill Clinton getting blow jobs in the Oval Office again?

Why would I give a shit about that and why do you?

Professional Russian
September 11th, 2016, 10:05 PM
If you really had read every single of my political posts you would know that I've said multiple times that the Democrats are conservatives who are pro-choice and doesn't deny climate change is real. Liberals living in the US support the Democrats only because there is only two choice and the other party are racist and maniacs.

Thats why you support the guy who tweets every single thing that goes throught is head.

Thats why you support the guy who insult the millitary and parents of solders killed in action.

Thats why you support the guy doesn't know shit about foreign policy.

How is Trump going to do this?

So just let cops get away with murder and shooting black people for no reason.

You do realize that people voted for her to be the nominee of the Democratic Party right it seem very unlikely that they all voted for her only because shes a woman

Why would I give a shit about that and why do you?

you're first problem was assuming I'm a trump supporter. I'm not. they're both idiots. neither of them deserve office. I vote we bring back Ronald Reagan from the dead or my personal favorite ted nugent for president

mattsmith48
September 11th, 2016, 10:12 PM
you're first problem was assuming I'm a trump supporter. I'm not. they're both idiots. neither of them deserve office. I vote we bring back Ronald Reagan from the dead or my personal favorite ted nugent for president

If there is something more dangerous than a maniac from a neo-nazi party running a country is a zombie version of the guy who the neo-nazi party consider the most important person ever to exist after Jesus. And btw even if you could do that Zombie Reagan couldn't run as president of the US because he already serve is limit of two terms

Professional Russian
September 11th, 2016, 10:14 PM
If there is something more dangerous than a maniac from a neo-nazi party running a country is a zombie version of the guy who the neo-nazi party consider the most important person ever to exist after Jesus. And btw even if you could do that Zombie Reagan couldn't run as president of the US because he already serve is limit of two terms

Ronald Reagan was a good president. he wasn't a neo nazi. you seem to think everyone who disagrees with you is either racist, neo nazi, and maniac, suicidal, stupid, or my personal favorite will start a nuclear war. I'm only here to stir up some shit cause im bored of doing math homework, did I rustle your Jimmy's yet?

Periphery
September 12th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Ronald Reagan was a good president. he wasn't a neo nazi. you seem to think everyone who disagrees with you is either racist, neo nazi, and maniac, suicidal, stupid, or my personal favorite will start a nuclear war. I'm only here to stir up some shit cause im bored of doing math homework, did I rustle your Jimmy's yet?

I still fail to understand his way of saying suicidal people are bad people but oh well.

mattsmith48

The thing is, I don't agree with the republicans but I don't see them as a nazi party either. They don't go running around saying all Jews (or in this case Muslims) are bad people, Trump hates them. Judging an entire party and it's history based on one man who isn't even president yet is just stupid.

Periphery
September 12th, 2016, 12:59 PM

I still fail to understand his way of saying suicidal people are bad people but oh well.

mattsmith48

The thing is, I don't agree with the republicans but I don't see them as a nazi party either. They don't go running around saying all Jews (or in this case Muslims) are bad people, Trump hates them. Judging an entire party and it's history based on one man who isn't even president yet is just stupid.

mattsmith48
September 12th, 2016, 06:13 PM

The Republicans being or acting like nazis isn't only based on Trump but the Trump chapter certainly doesn't help. They have tried for years to take away rights of minorities whether its blacks, hispanics, immigrants, muslims, gays, ect. Im not saying they all republicans are racist but if you are living in the US and racist this is the party for you.

Vlerchan
September 12th, 2016, 06:39 PM
They have tried for years to take away rights of minorities whether its blacks, hispanics, immigrants, muslims, gays, ect.
Which doesn't make them either Nazis or NeoNazis.

StoppingTom
September 12th, 2016, 07:25 PM
"Everyone I Dislike Are Nazis"--A VT Musical

lyhom
September 12th, 2016, 07:34 PM
"Everyone I Dislike Are Nazis"--A VT Musical

https://d.justpo.st/media/images/2016/01/14/everyone-i-dont-like-is-hitler-the-emotional-childs-guide-to-political-discussion-1452799024.jpg

phuckphace
September 12th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Everyone I Don't Like Isn't Hitler: the VTjugend handbook

mattsmith48
September 12th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Which doesn't make them either Nazis or NeoNazis.

Most of them are acting like Neo-Nazis Trump the 1st. They are openly descriminating against those people and denying them equal rights because they believe they are inferior to straight white christian people.

PlasmaHam
September 12th, 2016, 08:10 PM
The Republicans being or acting like nazis isn't only based on Trump but the Trump chapter certainly doesn't help. They have tried for years to take away rights of minorities whether its blacks, hispanics, immigrants, muslims, gays, ect. Im not saying they all republicans are racist but if you are living in the US and racist this is the party for you.

Nothing you said there is supported by common sense or facts.

If you are a authoritative dictator, or against individual liberties, the Democrats are the party for you. The Republican party may attract bad characters, but it isn't like the Democrats are home free. If you actually knew history, then you would probably realize that Hitler and Nazi doctrine aligns just as much with the Democrats as the Republicans.
Most of them are acting like Neo-Nazis Trump the 1st. They are openly descriminating against those people and denying them equal rights because they believe they are inferior to straight white christian people.
I think I finally figured out your view on life. If people don't agree with you, they are automatically either stupid or evil. You keep touting "tolerance" yet you openly admitted you want to oppress viewpoint you find offensive or simply disagree with. You are never going to get anywhere in life with such a closed, arrogant mind.

image (https://d.justpo.st/media/images/2016/01/14/everyone-i-dont-like-is-hitler-the-emotional-childs-guide-to-political-discussion-1452799024.jpg)
Yep, with the alternate title being "Everyone I don't like is going to Nuke the Earth."

Vlerchan
September 13th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Which, like I said, doesn't make them Nazis or NeoNazis, because these political labels actually mean something.

---

I also think the actual claims are pretty severe exaggeration, but let's get an idea of what we're actually talking about first, I say.

If you actually knew history, then you would probably realize that Hitler and Nazi doctrine aligns just as much with the Democrats as the Republicans.
It aligns with neither.

---

Democratic legislators are also pretty non-authoritarian in the general.

PlasmaHam
September 13th, 2016, 11:13 AM
It aligns with neither.

Exactly, constant claims that a certain party is the reincarnation or the continuation of a death cult isn't gaining you credit in a debate.

mattsmith48
September 13th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Nothing you said there is supported by common sense or facts.

The southern strategy, voter ID laws, the drug war, openly hating on the president and saying he is a muslim who wasn't born in the US because he is black, hating and screening muslims treating them like they are all terrorist, wanting to ban a entire religion for no reason, supporting Donald Trump, wanting to control women and their reproductive rights, letting black people being murder by racist cops, hating on gays and denying them equal rights, ect. I could go on for hours but some of us have better things to do. So for the republicans if your not a straight white man you don't deserve rights or even to live

If you are a authoritative dictator, or against individual liberties, the Democrats are the party for you.

Wow you complain that what I say isn't supported by common sense or facts than you come up with this.

The Republican party may attract bad characters, but it isn't like the Democrats are home free. If you actually knew history, then you would probably realize that Hitler and Nazi doctrine aligns just as much with the Democrats as the Republicans.

If Hitler was alive and living in the US what party would he choose? The conservative pro-choice that are the Democrates or the racist, homophobic, xenophobic cartoon that is the republican party.

I think I finally figured out your view on life. If people don't agree with you, they are automatically either stupid or evil. You keep touting "tolerance" yet you openly admitted you want to oppress viewpoint you find offensive or simply disagree with. You are never going to get anywhere in life with such a closed, arrogant mind.

Thats not true there is alot of people who I don't agree with politically who aren't stupid or evil they are good people we just don't agree on a few things, but other people are stupid and evil because thats who they are.

Vlerchan
September 13th, 2016, 11:27 AM
If Hitler was alive and living in the US what party would he choose?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nazi_Party

mattsmith48
September 13th, 2016, 11:28 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nazi_Party

If wanted a chance to win what party would he choosee?

Vlerchan
September 13th, 2016, 11:33 AM
If wanted a chance to win what party would he choosee?
In historical politics, Hitler preferred to lead the Nazis when they were losers than vote in liberal-internationalists, which is what the Republicans are in a historical sense.

Furthermore, that Hilter would support something doesn't make it Hitlerian. That's obviously fallacious.

PlasmaHam
September 13th, 2016, 11:35 AM
The southern strategy, voter ID laws, the drug war, openly hating on the president and saying he is a muslim who wasn't born in the US because he is black, hating and screening muslims treating them like they are all terrorist, wanting to ban a entire religion for no reason, supporting Donald Trump, wanting to control women and their reproductive rights, letting black people being murder by racist cops, hating on gays and denying them equal rights, ect. I could go on for hours but some of us have better things to do. So for the republicans if your not a straight white man you don't deserve rights or even to live

Thats not true there is alot of people who I don't agree with politically who aren't stupid or evil they are good people we just don't agree on a few things, but other people are stupid and evil because thats who they are.
Wow, that was so closed minded and just plain dumb, I really don't know how to respond to that, except by this random meme.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d9/d96ea5ba7168aa980626eb234f378bb2fa87d0f1932e8471ae2167d393b5129b.jpg
I don't like cussing in debates, as I don't like to devalue my opponents, but you are already so far down, I don't think I can bring you down lower.

Flapjack
September 13th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Wow, that was so closed minded and just plain dumb, I really don't know how to respond to that, except by this random meme.
image (http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d9/d96ea5ba7168aa980626eb234f378bb2fa87d0f1932e8471ae2167d393b5129b.jpg)
I don't like cussing in debates, as I don't like to devalue my opponents, but you are already so far down, I don't think I can bring you down lower.
Why don't you tell him which thing he said you think is made up?

PlasmaHam
September 13th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Why don't you tell him which thing he said you think is made up?

That would take hours that I don't have, and since I've told mattsmith48 much of this before, which he just ignored, I see no reason to try again.

Ever since I've been debating here, I have been bringing myself down to his level to try to teach him a few lessons in common sense. But no, he doesn't want to listen. He is so hypocritical and fallacious, and it seems like the only reason he debates is to pick fights, and is so closed minded to opposing viewpoints. He has up and said that he wants to limit rights to free speech, so that says something about his debating. I am done debating with little,"Everyone I don't like is a racist, stupid Hitler" guy here. Learn some respect and humility for once.

Flapjack
September 13th, 2016, 12:21 PM
That would take hours that I don't have, and since I've told @mattsmith48 (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/member.php?u=101901) much of this before, which he just ignored, I see no reason to try again.
Do what I do and send it to them until they respond xD

Dude if you really think debating him is bringing you down to his level, whatever that means, then don't debate. But if you want to debate then wouldn't you enjoy disproving his arguments and making him look like an idiot? Tbh buddy refusing to debate and insulting the other debaters (if that is a word) makes it seem like you quit because you can't refute them.

They say one debates to change the readers opinion, not the other debaters :)

mattsmith48
September 13th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Do what I do and send it to them until they respond xD

Dude if you really think debating him is bringing you down to his level, whatever that means, then don't debate. But if you want to debate then wouldn't you enjoy disproving his arguments and making him look like an idiot? Tbh buddy refusing to debate and insulting the other debaters (if that is a word) makes it seem like you quit because you can't refute them.

They say one debates to change the readers opinion, not the other debaters :)

You should waste your time arguing with him on this he knows he's wrong if I was really making shit up someone else would have said it already the only argument he as left is to insult people and say people who don't agree with him are just lying.

mattsmith48
September 13th, 2016, 12:49 PM
In historical politics, Hitler preferred to lead the Nazis when they were losers than vote in liberal-internationalists, which is what the Republicans are in a historical sense.

Furthermore, that Hilter would support something doesn't make it Hitlerian. That's obviously fallacious.

In a normal country with a real democracy yes thats what Hitler would do, In the US if you really want to be president you only have two choices

Paraxiom
September 13th, 2016, 02:03 PM
In a normal country with a real democracy [...]

That disqualifies most/all countries for me, as it happens. :rolleyes:

Dalcourt
September 13th, 2016, 03:05 PM
That would take hours that I don't have, and since I've told mattsmith48 much of this before, which he just ignored, I see no reason to try again.

Ever since I've been debating here, I have been bringing myself down to his level to try to teach him a few lessons in common sense. But no, he doesn't want to listen. He is so hypocritical and fallacious, and it seems like the only reason he debates is to pick fights, and is so closed minded to opposing viewpoints. He has up and said that he wants to limit rights to free speech, so that says something about his debating. I am done debating with little,"Everyone I don't like is a racist, stupid Hitler" guy here. Learn some respect and humility for once.

Lol, sometimes it's just useless to try and debate.
I don't get why people from other countries are so keen on discussing Trump anyway...it's not that I'm not interested in other countries but who they vote for or not is foremost their thing and I don't go around bashing their candidates.

Apart from that I never got what this thread was supposed to be about anyway apart from bashing Trump and his supporters and that's just getting old.

Vlerchan
September 13th, 2016, 03:27 PM
In a normal country with a real democracy yes thats what Hitler would do[.]
The US is a democracy. That it is not multiparty does not make it less so. Having change occur within the party system, as opposed to within the parliamentary system, just makes governance more stable.

In the US if you really want to be president you only have two choices
I imagine Hitler would have gone with 3. putsch.

I don't get why people from other countries are so keen on discussing Trump anyway...it's not that I'm not interested in other countries but who they vote for or not is foremost their thing and I don't go around bashing their candidates.
Because American politics have a significant impact on us all.

That Americans can afford to be so typically parochial is a privilege that comes with the rest of the world pivoting around you, and not the other way around.

Dalcourt
September 13th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Because American politics have a significant impact on us all.

So do Russian or Chinese or just feel free to pick any countries' politics.
It's not that it's the almighty USA anymore. What's happening within the EU has far mor impact on you where you live than what happens in the US. Europeans are significantly more affected by things like Brexit or the refugee crisis at the moment I'd say.

And second I don't see what useless bashing of candidates from foreigners could do that is useful to world politics anyway.

Vlerchan
September 13th, 2016, 03:55 PM
So do Russian or Chinese or just feel free to pick any countries' politics.
The politics of the United States is considerably more important since they project themselves across the globe (and have a particularly stronger influence in the West), whilst the Russians and Chinese are really just regional powers and pivot around the actions of the US, too.

It's also worth considering though that American politics are much easier to understand - for people who aren't nerds like me (I also keep an eye on Russian and Chinese politics) that's probably a significant driver too, though people wouldn't gravitate towards American politics in the first place, if they weren't important.

What's happening within the EU has far mor impact on you where you live than what happens in the US. Europeans are significantly more affected by things like Brexit or the refugee crisis at the moment I'd say.
I pay more attention to European Union politics than American politics. It's the fact that this forum is so US-centric that would make it seem otherwise.

And second I don't see what useless bashing of candidates from foreigners could do that is useful to world politics anyway.
I like to think I make cogent arguments that people consider, as opposed to casting out as more foreign-national noise.

Dalcourt
September 13th, 2016, 04:13 PM
The politics of the United States is considerably more important since they project themselves across the globe (and have a particularly stronger influence in the West), whilst the Russians and Chinese are really just regional powers and pivot around the actions of the US, too.

It's also worth considering though that American politics are much easier to understand - for people who aren't nerds like me (I also keep an eye on Russian and Chinese politics) that's probably a significant driver too, though people wouldn't gravitate towards American politics in the first place, if they weren't important.

I pay more attention to European Union politics than American politics. It's the fact that this forum is so US-centric that would make it seem otherwise.

I like to think I make cogent arguments that people consider, as opposed to casting out as more foreign-national noise.

The bashing side note wasn't directed at you but at other European and Canadian members ; )

US politics is easy to understand? How? Not even US citizens understand it.

And yeah I still say that America is so big and important is just a myth nowadays those days are long gone in reality. But as long as it is in the other countries' heads good for us. The only way the USA has a big impact these days is through pop culture but apparently that's enough still to qualify for a superpower.

Vlerchan
September 13th, 2016, 04:26 PM
The bashing side note wasn't directed at you but at other European and Canadian members ; )
Ah, I think I understand what you are getting at now. Yeah, just talking shit about other countries isn't helpful and makes it more difficult for your well-intentioned countrymen to be taken seriously.

US politics is easy to understand?
Relative to the non-democratic and authoritarian political cultures of China and Russia, yes.

Though, at a cultural and institutional level - despite noted divergences, re: guns, for example, Europe and the US really aren't that different, and it's easy enough to begin to take an interest in the other.

And yeah I still say that America is so big and important is just a myth nowadays those days are long gone in reality.
I actually just don't agree with this at all.

Recall at the supposed height to the power of the US it was opposed by a relatively equal Soviet power (and was beaten by the much smaller, backwards Vietnam) - since the 1990s, though, it's unchallenged (Islamic terrorism is not an actual threat to its hegemony), and that's allowed for ease of projection across every region of the world.

You can see it declining in the future, perhaps - and I'm not even sure there (I see China and Russia faring poorly heading into the future, too) but at the moment, it's still a hyperpower.

Dalcourt
September 13th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Ah, I think I understand what you are getting at now. Yeah, just talking shit about other countries isn't helpful and makes it more difficult for your well-intentioned countrymen to be taken seriously.

Relative to the non-democratic and authoritarian political cultures of China and Russia, yes.

Though, at a cultural and institutional level - despite noted divergences, re: guns, for example, Europe and the US really aren't that different, and it's easy enough to begin to take an interest in the other.

I actually just don't agree with this at all.

Recall at the supposed height to the power of the US it was opposed by a relatively equal Soviet power (and was beaten by the much smaller, backwards Vietnam) - since the 1990s, though, it's unchallenged (Islamic terrorism is not an actual threat to its hegemony), and that's allowed for ease of projection across every region of the world.

You can see it declining in the future, perhaps - and I'm not even sure there (I see China and Russia faring poorly heading into the future, too) but at the moment, it's still a hyperpower.

Well we go very much off topic here - whatever the topic of this thread was - so I'm not sure if we can discuss this here further.

Being unchallenged does qualify for being so influential?
Then same would go for the whole of Europe then, too.
If they would lose themselves in petty fights over stuff like who has to pay what and who takes in how many refugees and stuff like that they could overshadow every other so called superpower.
Sure the US meddle with whatever country and impose their opinion on otherd but is it useful? Is it needed? Most of the time it does more harm but as esp. due to being the "heroes" in WW II
everyone including the USA itself sees them as some magical power...so it's a not really deserved influence in my opinion.
But I shut up now as it's all very much off topic.