PDA

View Full Version : Should virtual teen had an app

Biomicro
September 6th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Should virtual teen had an app so that the post will be organised cleary and they can manage their own profile nicer and make this community grow !

Endeavour
September 6th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Should virtual teen had an app so that the post will be organised cleary and they can manage their own profile nicer and make this community grow !

We used to have an app called Taptalk but that had to be removed earlier this year since there was a sort of chat room on there that couldn't be moderated by the staff on here which was abused, and other security problems if I remember correctly. There is the mobile view at the bottom left of the page if you find that easier than using the full website on your phone.

ImCoolBeans
September 6th, 2016, 11:42 AM
As Lost Horizon said, we had to remove the site from Tapatalk, which is a forum app, due to a number of security flaws. Unfortunately we do not have a private app, as it would be expensive to make and we would have to hire a good developer to make it. I've always preferred browsing the site using a mobile browser over Tapatalk anyway, but that's just me.

PlasmaHam
September 6th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Apps are far more complicated than they may seem. I've been in other forums, and most all of them agree that a mobile version is far more economically and practically valuable than an app.

For VT to develop a private app, that would require a huge restructuring of the site and coding for the app. And while I'm sure the development team here is great, an app would almost certainly require hiring a professional. A mobile version is simply a reorganization of the existing site, which is far easier. The thing an app has over a mobile site is accessibility, which is rather minor honestly.

Uniquemind
September 6th, 2016, 04:52 PM
As Lost Horizon said, we had to remove the site from Tapatalk, which is a forum app, due to a number of security flaws. Unfortunately we do not have a private app, as it would be expensive to make and we would have to hire a good developer to make it. I've always preferred browsing the site using a mobile browser over Tapatalk anyway, but that's just me.

I second your opinion.

Kyle37
September 6th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Before they make an app, they should probably fix the bug where boys are able to post in the girls forums and vice versa.

Periphery
September 7th, 2016, 12:35 PM
You can open VT on your phone though. I don't really see the use of an app for VT to be honest.

Sonicomsk
September 14th, 2016, 04:53 AM
won't it be easier to make mobile version of the forum, not app? then it shouldn't be ported for different platforms...

jake97aus
September 14th, 2016, 06:14 AM
I actually just like using the normal webpage on my phone coz that's what i'm used to!

Endeavour
September 14th, 2016, 10:01 AM
won't it be easier to make mobile version of the forum, not app? then it shouldn't be ported for different platforms...

We have one. In the drop down box at the bottom left, there is a mobile view.

Sonicomsk
September 15th, 2016, 06:37 AM
We have one. In the drop down box at the bottom left, there is a mobile view.

I didnt have one on my WP phone. On the Android I've just got notice about mobile version. Cool.