PDA

View Full Version : How do you treat burns?

Dalcourt
September 4th, 2016, 08:00 AM
I have two quite large burns on my arm and they are not healing too great. I didn't do anything with them but now I feel since they are not healing at all and hurt quite a bit that I should treat them somehow.
Anyone any ideas what works best?

Flapjack
September 4th, 2016, 08:03 AM
@Peanut_ (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/member.php?u=101228) If they are large buddy, you really need to get to a doctor!!

For small burns I use something like sudocrem (an antiseptic) and cover with a bandage or plaster or something to stop to stop anything touching the burn.

Hope you get better soon buddy :)

Vermilion
September 4th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Try an antiseptic cream and wrap it in cling film to stop any thing getting into it.

Sailor Mars
September 4th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Are they blistering any? Skin peeling and highly irritated?

If yes, go to the hospital.

If no, rinse and wash consistently (and gently, you don't want to irritate it more) with cold water and soap (something soft like dove). A bit of aloe gel or cream and cover loosely with a bandage.

Desynchronized
September 4th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Ya as mars said wash and rinse it to prevent possible infection. And an antiseptic cream and light bandage would do good. If its too big you should goto the doctor.

Dalcourt
September 4th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.
There weren't really blister just a lil bit on one of them they weren't that severe. The skin was all dried up but keeps kinda breaking and was even bleeding a bit.
Guess I should have used some lotion on it.

Voice_Of_Unreason
September 4th, 2016, 01:50 PM
From what you've said, I doubt you will need to go to the doctor. I suggest you keep it moist with some skin lotion.

I've heard that vitamin E oil is very good for healing burns and preventing scarring, so you might want to try some of that.

jamie_n5
September 4th, 2016, 01:59 PM
There are burn ointments you can get for them. The other best thing to do is to keep them clean and dry.