PDA

View Full Version : Basic Workout Routine for Teenager?

qwertyjack987
September 4th, 2016, 07:40 AM
Hi guys, does anybody know a good but simple and beginner workout routine I can do at home or outside with the least amount of equipment as possible? I recently finished a 2-month fitness running plan so I now want to move on to working out as well as running. I'm quite thin so losing weight isn't really my main goal, even though I would like to lose a little. My goal, for now, is to get rid of my flat stomach and gain muscle mass throughout the body. I know that won't happen overnight but I want to know how I can start without going to a gym. Also, some tips on how to diet and eat while doing said workout would also be greatly appreciated.
P.S I'm 16 years old.

Flapjack
September 4th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Basically buddy your body has 2 metabolisms, putting on weight (fat or muscle) and losing weight. It is very difficult for you to build muscle and lose weight at the same time.

I would try losing the fat first and then building muscle :) For losing fat I would focus on the best calorie burning exercise and running you're already doing would be a good exercise to burn calories :)

lemondrop
September 4th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Basically buddy your body has 2 metabolisms, putting on weight (fat or muscle) and losing weight. It is very difficult for you to build muscle and lose weight at the same time.

I would try losing the fat first and then building muscle :) For losing fat I would focus on the best calorie burning exercise and running you're already doing would be a good exercise to burn calories :)

Nah mate,he's fresh he can do both at the same time for like..hmm 3 months or soo ,then he will have to choose between bulking (getting weight up) and cutting (losing weight) ,but i guess this is kindish impossible with home workouts - to gain and lose at the same time,anyway. I would suggest you to do some calisthenics- body weight exercises (pull ups,push-ups,leg raises and stuff) you'll progresss fast ,so this means you"ll have to do harder and harder exercises. Your stomatch is flat ,because you didn't put any ab work yet,after 2-3 weeks you'll have 4 pack,maybe even 6 pack,this is because of your body tonnus. So my advice would be- just eat as much as you can for the first 3 months . Go on youtube and try to find some calisthenic begginer stuff. P.s. Always push yourself forward,don't stay in the same level

Flapjack
September 4th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Nah mate,he's fresh he can do both at the same time for like..hmm 3 months or soo ,then he will have to choose between bulking (getting weight up) and cutting (losing weight) ,but i guess this is kindish impossible with home workouts - to gain and lose at the same time,anyway. I would suggest you to do some calisthenics- body weight exercises (pull ups,push-ups,leg raises and stuff) you'll progresss fast ,so this means you"ll have to do harder and harder exercises. Your stomatch is flat ,because you didn't put any ab work yet,after 2-3 weeks you'll have 4 pack,maybe even 6 pack,this is because of your body tonnus. So my advice would be- just eat as much as you can for the first 3 months . Go on youtube and try to find some calisthenic begginer stuff. P.s. Always push yourself forward,don't stay in the same level
He's fresh? xD I know it is possible, I have done it myself but it is very difficult :) What you have suggested sounds good though :)

Drewboyy
September 4th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Personally I gain muscle by doing multiple sports so multiple parts of my body gets worked out.
While running, arms are just as important as legs so I don't know what your fitness running plan entailed but you can't go wrong with pushups and pullups to start out. Also small weights (like 10-20 lbs) really help if you rapid fire them

ThomasD
September 11th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Lots of press ups and sit ups and chin ups if u have a bar. Thats for building muscle

ninja1010
September 12th, 2016, 10:11 PM
Just doing sit ups and pushups is a great start. Just start with say 20 for two days. Then do 25 the next two, 30 the next, etc.

It doesn't sound like a lot, but it's all about gradual improvement. Get a stop watch or stare at a clock and see how long you can do a plank. Take maybe half of that and do it 3 times a day.

As your limitations improve, you'll be able to do a lot more.

Definitely do pull ups of you can.

There is an extremely false idea that you have to go to the gym to get strong. Now, it does help but it's not required.

Zenos
September 19th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Hi guys, does anybody know a good but simple and beginner workout routine I can do at home or outside with the least amount of equipment as possible? I recently finished a 2-month fitness running plan so I now want to move on to working out as well as running. I'm quite thin so losing weight isn't really my main goal, even though I would like to lose a little. My goal, for now, is to get rid of my flat stomach and gain muscle mass throughout the body. I know that won't happen overnight but I want to know how I can start without going to a gym. Also, some tips on how to diet and eat while doing said workout would also be greatly appreciated.
P.S I'm 16 years old.

Here you go all you need is your body and maybe a few (very few accessories) http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenandoah/OBB/OBB.html

also a little bit of a discussion on another site about the stuff on the one above
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81653.html

Eric Rom
September 23rd, 2016, 04:33 AM
Watch this simple 4 minutes workout. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HInbNpXLXuo