PDA

View Full Version : Nfl 2016

SethfromMI
September 3rd, 2016, 05:46 PM
Just like my thread for college football, this is a good place to talk about all things for the NFL 2016. Even waiting for the regular season to start, there have been so many key injuries and changes this preseason which are going to end up having big impacts on the season. Hopefully we can have some good convos and you can help me keep it alive since I am not going to be able to be on as much anymore since classes start for college on Tuesday and I am just going to be busier all around.

Can't wait for the season to officially start!

ThomasD
September 11th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Watching Packers at Jaguars programme right now

BlackParadePixie
September 11th, 2016, 04:43 PM
And the chargers blow it again...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-75s_G-HffOk/U50qwoVIFDI/AAAAAAAAJVI/591xzBGU6v4/s1600/tears-flow-emoticon.png

azure moonstone
September 11th, 2016, 06:43 PM
All the whining from people around here about the helmet-to-helmet hits that Cam Newton took a few nights ago, and I'm telling them that's really not much of an excuse for the loss (and I love the Panthers myself :heart:). I mean, you had a decent lead going into the fourth quarter....and you blew it.

Happy to see Kelvin Benjamin playing, though.

SethfromMI
September 11th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Watching Packers at Jaguars programme right now

Go Packers!!!! :D

And the chargers blow it again...

image (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-75s_G-HffOk/U50qwoVIFDI/AAAAAAAAJVI/591xzBGU6v4/s1600/tears-flow-emoticon.png)

haha awww...yea..it is going to be another tough year for them I think

All the whining from people around here about the helmet-to-helmet hits that Cam Newton took a few nights ago, and I'm telling them that's really not much of an excuse for the loss (and I love the Panthers myself :heart:). I mean, you had a decent lead going into the fourth quarter....and you blew it.

I definitely understand why people are upset about it. If it happened to Rodgers, I would be furious. In this age of player safety concern, if they are going to claim it is a priority, it didn't seem to show by what happened on the field. even if Newton brings it on himself, there is still no call for it.

Like you have rightly said though, it is not why they lost. the Broncos surprised everyone with their young qb Simeon and defense is as solid as ever. they are going to be another formidable team. Panthers will be good too. I think the NFC has more competition than the AFC this year so we will see what ends up happening.

Benjamin is such a beast. I was thrilled my boy Nelson had such a solid day after being injured all last season as well

hesaidhesaid
September 11th, 2016, 08:01 PM
PATS! PATS! PATS!
Viewing the NE/AZ game from Sydney- and it's a cracker so far! Garopollo (can never spell his name right) has really stepped up where he has needed to.)

teenboyNathan
September 11th, 2016, 08:50 PM
My Cincinnati Bengals won a tight one today!

SethfromMI
September 11th, 2016, 09:26 PM
PATS! PATS! PATS!
Viewing the NE/AZ game from Sydney- and it's a cracker so far! Garopollo (can never spell his name right) has really stepped up where he has needed to.)

jimmy garoppolo. you were close haha. he really has. I expected Arizona to win. now they still have plenty of time to do so, but the whole New England team isl ooking solid without Brady or Gronk right now.

My Cincinnati Bengals won a tight one today!

I didn't get to see any of the game but it was a tight one for sure. there were three games which were decided by a point so far. is this the year the Bengals finally win a playoff game under Marvin Lewis?

teenboyNathan
September 12th, 2016, 01:47 PM
jimmy garoppolo. you were close haha. he really has. I expected Arizona to win. now they still have plenty of time to do so, but the whole New England team isl ooking solid without Brady or Gronk right now.

I didn't get to see any of the game but it was a tight one for sure. there were three games which were decided by a point so far. is this the year the Bengals finally win a playoff game under Marvin Lewis?

Man, I hope it is

hesaidhesaid
September 12th, 2016, 06:56 PM
We don't need no Brady LOL (just kidding, we so do). But it helps that the team has really stepped up on their own foot. Blount played a great game but our whole defence needs some serious work because Larry Fitzgerald-type players are not exclusive to Arizona. Knowing where the vital pockets are will be important.

NB: I only speak as a viewer- living in Australia, I've only played recreational football.

PlasmaHam
September 12th, 2016, 08:58 PM

I live in North Carolina only a hour or two from the Panthers, and believe me, that is all over the news. I listen to sports radio whenever I drive, and the people there were not only ripping on the Broncos and refs, but also on the Panthers for letting Cam Newton, the star player, constantly take those beatings. Despite the many bad calls that were in the game, I still agree that the Panthers did let their guard down too much, and the Broncos took that weak point to their advantage. Ultimately the Panthers did bring upon their own defeat.

Panthers are the only games I watch, or really care about, so don't expect me to be to comment often.

SethfromMI
September 13th, 2016, 09:05 PM
We don't need no Brady LOL (just kidding, we so do). But it helps that the team has really stepped up on their own foot. Blount played a great game but our whole defence needs some serious work because Larry Fitzgerald-type players are not exclusive to Arizona. Knowing where the vital pockets are will be important.

NB: I only speak as a viewer- living in Australia, I've only played recreational football.

The Cardinals played a shaky game. I mean at home, they were supposed to have played a lot better. still, it shows how much talent the Patriots do have. if they were going to lose a game while Brady was out, it would have likely been Arizona. I think there is a good chance they will still go 4-0 now without Brady (barring some upset which is possible)
I live in North Carolina only a hour or two from the Panthers, and believe me, that is all over the news. I listen to sports radio whenever I drive, and the people there were not only ripping on the Broncos and refs, but also on the Panthers for letting Cam Newton, the star player, constantly take those beatings. Despite the many bad calls that were in the game, I still agree that the Panthers did let their guard down too much, and the Broncos took that weak point to their advantage. Ultimately the Panthers did bring upon their own defeat.

Panthers are the only games I watch, or really care about, so don't expect me to be to comment often.

it is all good, this is not just for one specific team or division or anything. I don't know what to think of the Panthers. I mean they should be able to win the division they are in, it is one of the weakest in the NFC (depending on what the Saints end up doing), but I don't have the same vibe about them as they had last year. the NFC is super competitive. with the Panthers, my Packers, Cardinals, and Seahawks (though they did nothing to brag about against the Dolphins) it will be interesting to see who ends up being in the NFC Championship and then Super Bowl

football1124
September 18th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Go Patriots! Tough to see JG go down today though when Brady is already out

SethfromMI
September 18th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Go Patriots! Tough to see JG go down today though when Brady is already out

it is, but BB finds a way to coach them through. even if you lost the next 2 games, going 2-2 without Brady is good. if you can still win at least 1 of the next two (obviously both is ideal) then that is fantastic for them

what an interesting week though
Seahawks just completely fail against Rams
Lions blow their game against the Titans
The Browns were leading but then remembered they were the Browns
Chargers absolutely kicked Jacksonville's butt (I know you were happy BlackParadePixie)
my Packers lost :(
very interesting week for the NFL for sure

football1124
September 19th, 2016, 07:04 AM
it is, but BB finds a way to coach them through. even if you lost the next 2 games, going 2-2 without Brady is good. if you can still win at least 1 of the next two (obviously both is ideal) then that is fantastic for them

what an interesting week though
Seahawks just completely fail against Rams
Lions blow their game against the Titans
The Browns were leading but then remembered they were the Browns
Chargers absolutely kicked Jacksonville's butt (I know you were happy BlackParadePixie)
my Packers lost :(
very interesting week for the NFL for sure

Very true!

The Browns just doing Browns things...sometimes I feel so bad for my fellow Ohioans that follow them.

On the bright side, my fantasy team held on to win by 2 points this week. 2-0!

StoppingTom
September 19th, 2016, 10:27 AM
The Jets game against Buffalo was a lot more one-sided than the score shows, our offense went off that game.

ashdyn
September 25th, 2016, 01:08 AM
Y'all bout to roast me on here but watch the Bucs sneak into a wildcard spot in the NFC.

Harrier
September 25th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Y'all bout to roast me on here but watch the Bucs sneak into a wildcard spot in the NFC.

They aren't terrible. People get all excited about their teams after one good win tho lol. Think they are one year away. Playoffs are definitely possible or likely next season imo.

Harrier
September 25th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Seattle is taking it to the Niners atm. Always good to see. Finally we have a running game today and it's not all on Wilson and the defense!

BlackParadePixie
September 25th, 2016, 07:25 PM
ugh, stupid chargers

SethfromMI
September 27th, 2016, 08:58 PM
The Jets game against Buffalo was a lot more one-sided than the score shows, our offense went off that game.

yea I was not expecting that at all. the Ryan Brothers better get stuff figured out haha

they are one of those teams who are not quite there yet, but do continue to get better.

Seattle is taking it to the Niners atm. Always good to see. Finally we have a running game today and it's not all on Wilson and the defense!

how long do you think Wilson will be out if he misses at all? that would be devastating for them if they lost him, but even with him, it does not seem like the same Seahawks team of the last few years. and Beast Mode barely made an impact last season so it is not just because they do not have him anymore

ugh, stupid chargers
so many injuries, such a sad team haha. (sorry :hug:: )

Mrsaxoman
September 27th, 2016, 11:50 PM
According to Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson he will probably be playing on Sunday. Wilson said he feels good and it helps that the Seahawks have a bye during week 5, which will give Wilson some much needed rest. Also, the Seahawks always seem to start out slow and start to play better later in the season.

StoppingTom
September 28th, 2016, 10:02 AM
According to Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson he will probably be playing on Sunday. Wilson said he feels good and it helps that the Seahawks have a bye during week 5, which will give Wilson some much needed rest. Also, the Seahawks always seem to start out slow and start to play better later in the season.

As a Hawks fan, how do you think your offense is performing? I haven't watched any Seattle games, but I hear their running game and offensive line are underperforming. I hope Wilson isn't too hurt, but with a D-Line full of first rounders, I'm expecting we get to him a lot.

Mrsaxoman
September 28th, 2016, 03:39 PM
As a Hawks fan, how do you think your offense is performing? I haven't watched any Seattle games, but I hear their running game and offensive line are underperforming. I hope Wilson isn't too hurt, but with a D-Line full of first rounders, I'm expecting we get to him a lot.

I think our offense is starting to figure things out. The offense did great last week, even though it was against the 49ers. However, they are starting to figure out how to use Graham effectively. As for the offensive line, I think there could be a lot of improvement. I do expect the Jets D-Line to get to Wilson, but hopefully he doesn't get hurt anymore. I think we can prevent them from getting to Wilson too often though. And our running game is still improving. Michael has been decent, I just think he needs some help from our offensive line to get some more yards.

Harrier
October 3rd, 2016, 07:48 PM
Russell Wilson will always play as long as he has at least one leg and his throwing arm (other appendages aren't necessary lol). He hasn't missed a game yet in his entire career. As far as Hawks in general they are playing ok.

Alex 2000
October 11th, 2016, 09:29 AM
I like watching American football. Sometimes I'm still not sure what's happening.

BlackParadePixie
October 14th, 2016, 05:58 PM
omg chargers finally won

Barbara.
October 14th, 2016, 06:16 PM
I don't know much about football but my grandpa loves and follows Pittsburgh Steelers.

Eli.
October 30th, 2016, 09:51 PM
The Seahawks were SO CLOSE to winning - with 2 seconds left, they threw the ball, and a guy (forget who) caught it like an inch outside of the end zone!! They would have beat the saints if he was 1 inch closer!! Why???

russell wilson will always play as long as he has at least one leg and his throwing arm (other appendages aren't necessary lol). He hasn't missed a game yet in his entire career. As far as hawks in general they are playing ok.

true

Posts merged. ~Amethyst_