PDA

View Full Version : Earthquakes

Amethyst Rose
September 3rd, 2016, 08:12 AM
This morning, I woke up to the biggest earthquake I've experienced all my life, rating 5.6 on the Richter scale. It was felt in multiple states including Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, and Iowa.

So 2 things: did anyone else feel this same earthquake? And what is the biggest earthquake (if any) you have felt?

Flapjack
September 3rd, 2016, 08:13 AM
Oh goshh is your house okay buddy??

I have never experienced an earthquake :)

Jinglebottom
September 3rd, 2016, 08:19 AM
I've experienced a minor earthquake, I felt some shaking but it was nothing significant. It must have been a 3 (on the Richter scale) at most.

Amethyst Rose
September 3rd, 2016, 08:20 AM
Oh goshh is your house okay buddy??

I have never experienced an earthquake :)

It's fine, thank goodness. As far as I know it didn't cause much damage anywhere, at least not here anyway. It's still being investigated, and I can't speak for everyone, so yeah.

Periphery
September 3rd, 2016, 08:24 AM
Never had one here, I know there was one in Germany (like before I was ever born) that you could feel in Belgium but that's probably about it.

Desynchronized
September 3rd, 2016, 09:48 AM
Lol earthquakes are very common in california. Its just a part of our life as coffee xD. Had one yesterday, 5.6 magnitude.

phuckphace
September 3rd, 2016, 09:55 AM
I had just woken up when it hit. seriously spooky since they're not usually noticeable in this area, kinda makes you wonder what's up

and all this rumbling starts after I find out that I might not have a job tomorrow. that feel when you get fired and then the world ends in a massive cataclysm

Amethyst Rose
September 3rd, 2016, 10:24 AM
I had just woken up when it hit. seriously spooky since they're not usually noticeable in this area, kinda makes you wonder what's up

and all this rumbling starts after I find out that I might not have a job tomorrow. that feel when you get fired and then the world ends in a massive cataclysm

Now we know what kicked it off :lol:

Barbara.
September 3rd, 2016, 10:31 AM
We never get them where i live. I have neve felt them but i have relatives in California that experiences them alot.

ImCoolBeans
September 3rd, 2016, 11:14 AM
I've experienced two very small earthquakes. The first one, I was 6 or 7 years old and just remember a little rumble and my mom was like "wow we just had an earthquake!" The other, I was 16 and we were at a beach house, and we thought we felt something so we turned on the news and there was a small earthquake about 50 miles away, inland. People who were actually on the beach said it was pretty cool, and you could feel the sand move under them.

jessie3
September 4th, 2016, 11:12 AM
I felt it down here in Dallas. I was asleep when I felt the ground and bed shaking back and forth, I was startled and curious to what that was, so as soon as it was over I went online to see if we had an earthquake, but there wasn't any news of it yet so I shrugged it off as nothing. It wasn't until I woke up at around 11 that I saw the hashtag on twitter.

JohnC
September 4th, 2016, 11:26 AM
We felt a little trembler 2 years ago in the San Antonio area. It didn't do ant damage, but it scared some people. Some say it was caused by the oil fracking south of SA.

EuRo
September 4th, 2016, 07:42 PM
I've experienced like six tremors and two larger earthquakes, the most recent being a 6.1.

ThisBougieLife
September 5th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Lol earthquakes are very common in california. Its just a part of our life as coffee xD. Had one yesterday, 5.6 magnitude.

Yup.

Earthquakes are common here, though I don't believe I have felt one more powerful than a 3 or so (the last one I recall was the one in Napa, that registered as a 3 where I live, though it did more damage in Napa).

My parents both experienced the 1989 one fairly close to the epicenter, so that was a bit traumatic. Hope I'm not around for the "big one" whenever it does strike.

Bull
September 5th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Yeah, this was about 30 miles from us and we felt it big time. Felt most of the others through out the day. Drove over to see some of the damage. Really makes me appreciate the concern you guys in Cali live with every day. I am accustomed to tornados, they are a part of living in Ok. But we are not supposed to have earthquakes! phuckphace, Lewis, sorry about the job. Hope it works out to your good!

Jericho14
September 10th, 2016, 04:54 PM
I grew up experiencing some minor earthquakes in Manila, Philippines...The strongest i felt was 6 years ago...