PDA

View Full Version : Do you activate password screen on your phone?

rioo
September 2nd, 2016, 11:33 PM
Do you?

what kind of password?
Do you think which is more secure, a password or a pattern lock?

Flapjack
September 3rd, 2016, 01:44 AM
Yeah :)

Depends on the password/ pattern xD Patterns are a lot easier for people to guess by glancing at your phone however you can disable the trail to make it harder:)

PinkFloyd
September 3rd, 2016, 01:52 AM
Yeah, I do. I have the typical four-digit passcode. I think pattern is more secure because a pattern is random and a number keypad is numbers. If you see someone type 4,9,6,1, you can remember those four digits, but if you see someone drag their finger from the left side of their screen to the bottom right to the middle, to the top right, and to the bottom center, it would be a lot harder to remember.

Desynchronized
September 3rd, 2016, 01:54 AM
Ya patterns can very easily be guessed because people usually doesn't use very hard patterns as flapjack said. While passwords are pretty much impossible to guess. There could be 9999 possibllities for a four letter password and 99999 for five. I'm not sure about the possibllities of pattern tho.

devotionnel
September 3rd, 2016, 02:45 AM
According to my phone settings, a pattern has "medium security" but the pin has "medium to high security".

Valentine_
September 3rd, 2016, 04:54 AM
I sometimes have a pin or pattern but usually delete it after some time because I just can't stand having to type it in every time I open my phone. I put it back on if I'm somewhere where is more probable people could take my phone.

Barbara.
September 3rd, 2016, 05:31 AM
No i like the easy and fast access to it.

Flapjack
September 3rd, 2016, 05:32 AM
I sometimes have a pin or pattern but usually delete it after some time because I just can't stand having to type it in every time I open my phone. I put it back on if I'm somewhere where is more probable people could take my phone.
Same:D:D I am so careful to avoid people taking my phone xD

Endeavour
September 3rd, 2016, 06:38 AM
I use the fingerprint scanner on my phone :) I do have a pin for backup but I rarely use it.

Valentine_
September 3rd, 2016, 07:56 AM
Same:D:D I am so careful to avoid people taking my phone xD

Oh god, if I give it to somebody after they return it I check if they messaged someone, deleted something... everything hahaha

azure moonstone
September 3rd, 2016, 08:02 AM
Yeah I have the four digit passcode on mine, which I make sure is a number I can type quickly with one hand :lol: I change it periodically even though I really have no reason to. I used to use the fingerprint, but some phone cases make that difficult.

Periphery
September 3rd, 2016, 02:29 PM
Always used a pin and still do, a pattern just seems way to insecure for me.

Jinglebottom
September 3rd, 2016, 03:35 PM
I use a pin, but either way no one is allowed to touch my phone. If they ask the answer is automatically no, I don't care if it's a relative or a close friend.

The Byrd
September 3rd, 2016, 06:43 PM
I have a pin but I usually use my fingerprint. That way no one can see what it is from over my shoulder. It's even more risky in my case because my phone pin is the same as my bank pin.

everlong
September 3rd, 2016, 09:22 PM
I use 4-digit/my fingerprint

Melodic
September 3rd, 2016, 10:37 PM
Yeah. I have a pin on my phone.

My first ever cell-phone in middle school got stolen and I can give you a list of people I know who care too much about my personal life to access all my emotional baggage and life details. I think I'm better with a password on my phone.

Dalcourt
September 4th, 2016, 03:04 AM
No I don't have my phone locked in any way.