PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to go to the hospital for this???

june124816
September 2nd, 2016, 01:19 AM
About a month ago, I foolishly decided that I wanted to give myself a stick and poke tattoo on my left hip. Unfortunately, the tattoo came out asymmetrical and I wasn't really happy with it. After living with it for a couple weeks, I started researching home remedies for tattoo removal.
After reading a bit on the subject, I chose to follow one article's advice. It went something like this: use a rough surface such to exfoliate the area of the tattoo. After that, soak the area with hydrogen peroxide. Wipe off every minute or so and soke again.
Now is when the actual story begins. I used an old toothbrush for the rough surface as well as some soap and water while scrubbing my tattoo. After that, I poured the hydrogen peroxide on the area as directed. After a few moments, o wiped it off but was surprised to find that I had bubbles underneath the skin. I've used peroxide to clean would before and I've never had this experience.
I woke up the next morning to find that my hip where I did all that stuff the night before was throbbing and red. I knew right away that it was infected so I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol, put antibacterial cream on it and re-bandaged it.
The pain has been getting progressively worse over the last two days and it isn't showing any signs of improvement. I've attached the photo for reference.

Vermilion
September 2nd, 2016, 01:43 AM
It looks inflames I'd go to your Dr and see what they say

Mars
September 2nd, 2016, 03:27 AM
It's probably infected. You should go to the doctor.

nebula
September 2nd, 2016, 04:00 AM
It looks infected, I'd go to your doctor instead of trying to treat it yourself.

Flapjack
September 2nd, 2016, 04:51 AM
It looks infected but that also could be damaged skin because of the toothbrush rubbing, I would go to the doctor if I was you buddy:)

Emerald Dream
September 2nd, 2016, 01:18 PM
The OP is banned. :locked: