PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else listen to this

Cool Mojo
September 1st, 2016, 10:32 PM
I feel like I am the only 15 year old American male who listens to "old" music (85-90s). For some reason many call it gay which makes no sense cause gay isn't an insult and music can't really have a sexual orientation. I love artists like Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Brandy, Aaliyah, Monica and many more. I literally grew up listening to Whitney. If you also love 80- early 2000s pop, r&b and hip hop please comment your favorite artists and song.

azure moonstone
September 1st, 2016, 10:41 PM
I love a lot of the same music :heart: heavily influenced by my mom and brother. The only actual radio station that I will listen to plays 70s-present music. I'm a big fan of 80s, 90s, and classic rock music. I know a lot of others here on VT are as well. You're definitely not alone.

Amethyst Rose
September 1st, 2016, 11:00 PM
Oh man, you're not alone in liking older music. What gets me is how a lot of people I know will call a song that came out 5 years ago old :lol: I get annoyed when people won't listen to something or assume it's not as good because it was released before their lifetime.

EuRo
September 2nd, 2016, 01:15 AM
Tons of people your age listen to older music. Recently I've been listening to power metal and grunge which are older (sub) genres.

Periphery
September 2nd, 2016, 11:20 AM
You're definitly not alone on that at all, I listen to ALLOT of 90's stuff (some 80's aswell), allot of my favourite albums are actually 90's albums so yeah.

eric2001
September 2nd, 2016, 12:33 PM
I like some of the old ones too!

The Byrd
September 3rd, 2016, 03:16 PM
I hate practically anything past the year of 1974 sooo....

Pat the Bunny
September 4th, 2016, 03:07 PM
i think there's amazing music made in every decade and that there will be amazing music made in every decade to come. i also think no music can be amazing nor can it be bad nor can it be any descriptor of quality but i'll put that aside for now

ImCoolBeans
September 5th, 2016, 10:52 AM
I mostly listen to older music. I like some current music too but the majority of music I listen to came out before I was born :P So don't worry, you're not the only one.

Amethyst Rose
September 5th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I mostly listen to older music. I like some current music too but the majority of music I listen to came out before I was born :P So don't worry, you're not the only one.

You just described me spot-on xD