PDA

View Full Version : Arm strength

Kory123
September 1st, 2016, 09:32 PM
I'm in gym and my class gets in trouble because a class mate got hurt, we all had to face the consequence as a class. We did push-ups, my normal limit is 10-15 push-ups and I did 20, after 20 my arms were so weak and felt so sore. Imagine your shoulder, go down and that triangular little muscle at your armpit, that area in my arms refused to work and I couldn't move my arms up, I literally had no strength. After 3-5 days, my arms were sore, it's been a week and my arms feel okay but I can barely do a push-up now. My problem is why am i not strong enough anymore? Is this permanent?! What is this and how do I fix it?!:(

I hope that made sense. I just did too many push-ups and my arms have been crap since then.

Please help, I don't wanna embarrass myself because my coach is a duck. Yes I meant duck

Hermes
September 1st, 2016, 09:41 PM
Sounds to me like you have over done it. if you are training muscles you have to push them to a bit more than they are easily capable of and then give them time to recover upon which you find they are then stronger. If you push for too much in one go, though you can end up needing an extended recovery time like this.

I'd be patient and give it another week.

camo115
September 1st, 2016, 11:12 PM
Its just called muscle fatiuge. Its what happens when you push your limits and you will find the more you do it the less it hurts. Its a sign youve worked hard or overdone it.

Flapjack
September 2nd, 2016, 04:53 AM
You have over done it buddy, you should be back to normal in a few weeks, if not go see a doctor :)

Living For Love
September 2nd, 2016, 05:48 AM
Puberty For Boys :arrow2: Sports and Fitness

StoppingTom
September 2nd, 2016, 12:24 PM
The muscles you used weren't used to being pushed so hard, and as a result they're fatigued. They'll be fine soon, and if you want to build up those muscles, eat more protein and do excercises (not excessively) that build up those muscles.

jamie_n5
September 2nd, 2016, 08:54 PM
I think that you pushed yourself a little to hard. Take it easier and slowly work into increasing repetitions.

ThomasD
September 11th, 2016, 11:34 AM
If u did all that for the first time then u could be sore for a week, but u'll be stronger when u recover